2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Ironic that Chinese federation called back ZT from Vakıf, probably denying right of potential others to play overseas and had their season super short just to reach their peak for the Olympics under Chinese level strictness. I wonder if things turned out differently if ZT continued to play for Vakıf

• To be honest, it is true that Brazil hasnt been "jinxed" enough. But it is basically cuz there were few the ones who thought Brazil had a chance for a medal in these Olympics. So there were no need to take them in consideration. That's include their own fans.

We have been few the ones who wrote Brazil as a medal contendor (I predicted bronze for the south americans). Brazil is a team that; even though hasnt had the best Olympic cycle, will always be a danger in knock out stages. Many teams would die to have their team spirit.

In addition, we shouldnt forget that their bad performance in WCH 18 was mainly due they were literally a hospital.

• Just saw that on twitter. What do you guys think about this?

(off topic: his nephew Djokovic had a meltdown after lose the bronze medal, and broke his racket, not being enough, he give up on bronze medal for mixed doubles leaving his partner behind and losing by WO at OG. #shame)

(off topic: his nephew Djokovic had a meltdown after lose the bronze medal, and broke his racket, not being enough, he give up on bronze medal for mixed doubles leaving his partner behind and losing by WO at OG. #shame)

I am actually very sorry for her, because she seems so nice and positive and she's still unexperienced, because she didn't play in major tournaments in the starting six, especially against such a big team like Brazil, but as a player I don't get the hype about her, I did not see her in the last season, but in Scandicci she was a mess. Personally, I think that Blago and Busa should start this match and Lazovic is better than Milenkovic. Anyway, she did not deserve that harsh actions from Terzic.

• (off topic: his nephew Djokovic had a meltdown after lose the bronze medal, and broke his racket, not being enough, he give up on bronze medal for mixed doubles leaving his partner behind and losing by WO at OG. #shame)

:down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down:

• Btw. I don't like setters in this tournament so far, only brazilian and turskish setters have showed high quality for me. I am disappointed by Mają and Poulter, because I've expected more from them.

Wolosz is missing :heart::heart:

• Btw. I don't like setters in this tournament so far, only brazilian and turskish setters have showed high quality for me. I am disappointed by Mają and Poulter, because I've expected more from them.

I thought Ding Xia would be better for the Olympics... not even as good as Yao Di.

• I am actually very sorry for her, because she seems so nice and positive and she's still unexperienced, because she didn't play in major tournaments in the starting six, especially against such a big team like Brazil, but as a player I don't get the hype about her, I did not see her in the last season, but in Scandicci she was a mess. Personally, I think that Blago and Busa should start this match and Lazovic is better than Milenkovic. Anyway, she did not deserve that harsh actions from Terzic.

She did actually play the whole match against Brazil at the WCH but I agree that she seems nice but shouldn’t be playing. I think Terzic is a pretty angry guy sometimes but instead of freaking out at her it might be a better idea to sub her? Or just not bring her ahead of Lazovic? I guess these ideas didn’t occur to Terzic.

Btw. I don't like setters in this tournament so far, only brazilian and turskish setters have showed high quality for me. I am disappointed by Mają and Poulter, because I've expected more from them.

I would also say Startseva has done a very solid, if maybe unspectacular, job. Ognjenovic is certainly not showing her best but with the lack of reliable hitters and horrible reception I’m not sure how much more she can do.

• Milenkovic seems like a lovely kid. I like that she picked up the towel and kept it cool afterwards. That's all I'm gonna say. lol

Agree. It would have been easy to break down emotionally after that but it's admirable how she handled it. We could all could learn from that.

He is his uncle only by marriage. They are not related by blood. And he pulled out because of shoulder injury (and physical and mental exhaustion). He also publicly and privately apologised to his partner, Nina Stojanovic. It might or might not be true about his injury, but it would be nice not to leave out such important details if you are already determined to go off-topic.

This is why he should have brought Lazovic after an awesome VNL performance. Boskovic, Lazovic, Busa as starters would have been enough for better reception and share the scoring burden from Boskovic.

• Does anyone know where to watch the highlights? I wanna get a glimpse of games I missed but youtube doesn't work

• He is his uncle only by marriage. They are not related by blood. And he pulled out because of shoulder injury (and physical and mental exhaustion). He also publicly and privately apologised to his partner, Nina Stojanovic. It might or might not be true about his injury, but it would be nice not to leave out such important details if you are already determined to go off-topic.

Wait, I thought that he has said: "Pressure is privilege. Without pressure there is no professional sport. If you are aiming to be at the top of the game you better start learning how to deal with pressure. And how to cope with those moments on the court but also off". Did I miss something in the way?

Sorry for the off topic guys, didn't want to extend this, but it would be nice not to leave out such important details if I'm already determined to go off-topic. :gone:

• Wait, I thought that he has said: "Pressure is privilege. Without pressure there is no professional sport. If you are aiming to be at the top of the game you better start learning how to deal with pressure. And how to cope with those moments on the court but also off". Did I miss something in the way?

Sorry for the off topic guys, didn't want to extend this, but it would be nice not to leave out such important details if I'm already determined to go off-topic. :gone:

Yes, you did miss a pretty big thing. Like, what exactly has a "pressure" or "privilege" to do with an injury?

• Yes, you did miss a pretty big thing. Like, what exactly has a "pressure" or "privilege" to do with an injury?

I don't know, ask him. What I know is that his rackets felt the pressure and are truly injured now.