2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Brazlians prefer to play against Turkey or Russia?

Russia hasnt beaten Brazil in decisive matches since mmm probably WCH 2010. Russia struggles a lot with teams like Brazil and despite of the Europeans have improved a lot after their atrocious match against Italy, I dont see they have enough weapons to beat Brazil. Maybe max 1 set. Brazil has better tecnic, better bench and better coach.

In the other hand, Turkey could look "weaker" on the paper, but they have one of the best coaches in the world, plus one of the best MBs and, for me, another candidate for being best setter, Naz. The problem is their OHs. Too shaky.

• I wonder what Davide is thinking when Italy is failing at reception, so he looks at the bench to see the options and there are: Sorokaite and Sylla.:sos:

• I wonder what Davide is thinking when Italy is failing at reception, so he looks at the bench to see the options and there are: Sorokaite and Sylla.:sos:

The same what Italian fans are thinking when they see Italy failing at everything, so they look at the bench to see the options and there is Mazzanti.

So I feel sorry for him.

• Brazlians prefer to play against Turkey or Russia?

Russia hasnt beaten Brazil in decisive matches since mmm probably WCH 2010. Russia struggles a lot with teams like Brazil and despite of the Europeans have improved a lot after their atrocious match against Italy, I dont see they have enough weapons to beat Brazil. Maybe max 1 set. Brazil has better tecnic, better bench and better coach.

In the other hand, Turkey could look "weaker" on the paper, but they have one of the best coaches in the world, plus one of the best MBs and, for me, another candidate for being best setter, Naz. The problem is their OHs. Too shaky.

I don't know.. like I said before, QF is a whole other story and we know that from experience... I just hope for a great game whoever the opponent :box:

• You need defense to beat Russia. Discuss

• The loser of Turkey-ROC will be #4 and face Brazil in the QFs.

So Russia could either be first or last after this game. Talk about extremes.

• Turkey x Russia starting in a few.. Arina kinda struggled with the match against the US, I hope she can show her maximum abilities today. Turkey is a dangerous team with their serve, hoping both teams play at their best :box:

• Turkey x Russia starting in a few.. Arina kinda struggled with the match against the US, I hope she can show her maximum abilities today. Turkey is a dangerous team with their serve, hoping both teams play at their best :box:

bitch

(ok so our serve is out)

• I almost hope Italy gets Serbia and loses the QF and federation starts to question a bit more Mazzanti.

I think he's a good trainer but the more time goes by the more I think he's just not the right fit for Italy. Italy's good results in the last few years only depended on having an amazing player (Egonu) and almost everyone else being from extremely good (De Gennaro) to decent (Sylla). Malinov has always been the main issue and she still is (even though in these last two games it wasn't necessarily her fault, everyone or close to it was bad), but he keeps trying to invest on her and try to make of her something she's not, she's not a setter to play fast game, she's not Glass or Skorupa or Wolosz, and most importantly Italy right now doesn't need that kind of exasperated game, what it needs is a precise setter that keeps everyone involved and is able to give a clean ball to Egonu. But the only thing he can say on time-outs is "you need to be creative" and all that. And don't even get me started on his decision to bring Folie on a glorified holiday and only having her play 2 sets with Argentina, or Sorokaite just to serve... Egonu has been playing the worst games of her career yet she doesn't get subbed, I get she needs to find her rythm to be ready on the knockout phase but I don't think staying on court and stacking up errors is doing any good for her.

Clearly not all is lost and maybe from next game Egonu enters beast mode and starts scoring 40+ points every game with 60%, and Italy manages to get the gold, but he's definetly not making the best impression and I wouldn't necessarily give him much credit for it