2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Congrats to Brazil, they played a great match once they controlled their nerves. For me Macris is MVP today, she managed to involve everyone and create great teamplay! :obey:

I wish Goncharova could have performed better, at least then we would have watched a tiebreak. Arina, Voronkova and Koroleva had a great match, and I agree that Fetisova should have returned! :down:

Yeah, Macris maybe for technical, but Fe Garay for setting an example. That's so important

ps - I made a pun kinda :)

• Congrats Brazil! They did it again! What a redemption after Rio 2016! So so so happy for them, but most for Fe Garay and also for Rosamaria. Love she scored the match point! Hope their connationals learnt to cheer up for her too.

Brazil is a better team, better bench and better coach. If the the match was so tight was cuz Russia played beyong their own limits, but more than this, we cant ask for them. Brazil needed to calm down (losing 3 points lead in the middle of the 4th set...).

For Russia. Well Russia fans, you have to be really satisfied with Russian performance here. It is hard to digest another missing QF, but to be honest, I think that aside South Korea, Russia was the team which overachieved here. Did someone think they could be playing neck to neck to a medal contendor here? The future is bright with Arina, actually, brightest as possible. She would be a huge pain in the ass for all the teams that will face Russia in the following years.

Btw, happy so happy to see a South American team back to top 4 again! Brazil was totally taken out of contention for so many here. Brazil improved a lot compared to WCH 2018 (as USA for example). So far I have predicted 3/4 in the SF (just China instead of SK..nobody saw that coming).

Again: 8th Olympic without an European team as champion is loading :!:

• Oh well. What's new. I kinda gotten used to this though. I've been cheering for Russia since Sidney 2000 and been heartbroken since then every olympics. :gone:;(

Congrats to Brazil though. :flower:

• so pool b is really group of death. All of them dead, except USA.

LoL

• avid we saw what happened to goncharova when she saw brazil

What would be lsrson and foluke reaction inna probable final :whistle:

• Oh well. What's new. I kinda gotten used to this though. I've been cheering for Russia since Sidney 2000 and been heartbroken since then every olympics. :gone:;(

Congrats to Brazil though. :flower:

After what Russia did this OG you're really that heartbroken? You guys were amazing!

• I hope Malova continues in the team after this ;(

This team needs new Opposites... maybe Akimova and Kadochkina :|

• I guess all the European jinx didn't work...I hope we have 1 Asian, 1 South American and 1 North American in the podium once again :super::super::super::super::super: