2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Because of your own disparagement towards American and Asian teams and population in general since day 1 in this forum. If you think it's unnecessary, you have the right to leave the forum anytime. I will keep writing whatever I want, I haven't been disrespectful during the Olympics towards anyone here.

I have 0 frustrations about my NT. If you don't remember, Brazil is a two time Olympic champion and a four time World medalist.

Wow, i disparaged American and Asian teams and population in general since day 1 in this forum?????

This is just so false and just :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

I have no inclination towards the term European, I am for sure when we consider geography, but in terms of making divisions, I have never and will never identify with that term. I never said that any of you have frustrations about your teams, but about dumb European elitism (volleyball in this particular situation), which btw is mentioned and propagated by only a few, mostly very clearly irrational individuals LOL. Everytime when i consider something unnecesary i will expres and explain my opinion. I can't forbid anyone, nor do I try to do the same. Also I have no need to leave this forum, esepcially not because of you. I never disrespect Brazil, never made jokes about their medals, always consider them with full respect.

And no, that doesn’t mean all Brazilians (or any other in the same relation) have to do the same now

to retaliate and worship Serbia, so that there wouldn't be confusion, that is not the point. The point is that the generalization of the term European teams and European users, as someone who necessarily does everything that mdacs stated, which is actually done only by exclusively known individuals, and belittling and making jokes about all their successes and minimizing them, counting how long they haven't won OG gold, ..... I still claim it is very unnecessary, maybe even more precisely it is not fair or at least i feel like that when you (not you personally) do that. But if that makes you happy, just gone on.

• I've already explained what I meant about "you". I won't keep having the same conversation over and over. However, stating that the Europeans haven't won a gold medal since 1988 is not a meme or a joke, it's a fact.

:offtopic:

• I have no inclination towards the term European, I am for sure when we consider geography, but in terms of making divisions, I have never and will never identify with that term.

:offtopic: but It's highly annoying to read ''European'' being thrown out now to group people from what is a huge continent (not to mention actually it's the supercontinent: Eurasia in real geographic terms) with a lot of clustering cultures, esp. in (south)Eastern Europe and Eurasia all together under one umbrella term. I guess we're all as European as Syrians and Koreans are Asian :gone: I love for humanity to find more unity with one another but not when it's just to seperate from others...

I normally wouldn't even mention this btw but I've seen people group the countries in the continent together for some non-sensical/logical things and I can totally see that causing problems long term in how people visualize these countries. Just reminding that from London to Sarajevo isn't the same as from LA to NY lmao :D

(btw I could go into this more in-depth, but hope it's not needed)

• Now that I remember. Terzic said that World Championships is more important than Olympics. But now that their main contenders in Rio Olympics (China) and 2018 World Championships (Italy) are gone, and the fact that Serbia has a chance to win Gold, will he finally say Olympics is more important? :dance6:

• From the third attempt !!

I made some statistic sheets for all 4 semifinalist, i was curious about some infos and i will share it maybe someone find it interesting as me.

• And I remember that when she was called and after some weeks of the VNL, Carol was labeled as "mas ela nao bloqueia" (she doesnt block). Or that the only strength she had was her slide attack (and it was effective only cuz of her connection with Macris).

Happy to see her leading the blocking rankings (top4) in the Olympics at the age of 40 years :super:

• From the third attempt !!

I made some statistic sheets for all 4 semifinalist, i was curious about some infos and i will share it maybe someone find it interesting as me.

I appreciate these stats sheets! well done! Looking at Annie Drews stats, she isn't bad afterall, with very little gap from JT. Also evident that USA's current strength is the opposite with higher success %age of all the positions. It's a good sign that JT is back at training and maybe we can see her back on court today.

• And I forgot to say. In case USA gets the gold, I strongly belive that JWO is a serious candidate for being named MVP. We all know that it seldom happens that a libero gets this award in a major tournament (if Im not wrong, Serginho is the only one), but JWO is having a leading role in the game of her team. She has been the most consistent player for USA in all the matches, even when they played really bad (swept against Russia and messy 5 sets against Italy).

• And I forgot to say. In case USA gets the gold, I strongly belive that JWO is a serious candidate for being named MVP. We all know that it seldom happens that a libero gets this award in a major tournament (if Im not wrong, Serginho is the only one), but JWO is having a leading role in the game of her team. She has been the most consistent player for USA in all the matches, even when they played really bad (swept against Russia and messy 5 sets against Italy).

Yuko Sano - MVP World Grand Prix 2014. But, yeah, I agree with you, JWO has been outstanding this tournament!

she should get MVP anyways :whistle::whistle::whistle::lol:

• :offtopic: but It's highly annoying to read ''European'' being thrown out now to group people from what is a huge continent (not to mention actually it's the supercontinent: Eurasia in real geographic terms) with a lot of clustering cultures, esp. in (south)Eastern Europe and Eurasia all together under one umbrella term. I guess we're all as European as Syrians and Koreans are Asian :gone: I love for humanity to find more unity with one another but not when it's just to seperate from others...

I normally wouldn't even mention this btw but I've seen people group the countries in the continent together for some non-sensical/logical things and I can totally see that causing problems long term in how people visualize these countries. Just reminding that from London to Sarajevo isn't the same as from LA to NY lmao :D

(btw I could go into this more in-depth, but hope it's not needed)

I find this European vs non-European clash unnecessary but I am really cheering for Serbia this time to get the gold so finally, some people will shut up and stop bringing, again and again, the same 'fact'

For the fact lovers: 4 out of last 5 WCh was won by European teams :whistle:

I think choosing an MVP involves some “political” stuff too. For example, if USA wins the gold, I think Larson is a serious contender for the MVP award due to everything she represents for volleyball. It is not very usual to hand over MVP awards to liberos, and I doubt they’ll give it to JWO as this is her first NT season playing as starter. Serginho and Sano received MCP awards in the past but well… they were Serginho and Sano, icons of their NTs.