2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Do you guys think it was intentional? I can't imagine that... She already has Olympic gold

She's already got a gold and has been playing like shit this entire year. It makes no sense for it to be intentional. I'm just flabbergasted.

• This must be so hard for the girls since the game is just some hours ahead, but Brazil has 2 ways of dealing with it. One is let this let them down, disturb them and make them underperform and the other one is to unite even more the team and play for her. If they face it with the second option, I think it will be very hard to stop them.

Let’s see and hope everything goes well.

• That must be a tremendous blow to Tandara. Hope it just some medication impact, not that she purposely took that shit.

But, didn't they take dopping test once they finished for each match in OG?

• Oh jeez! IOC and FIVB should forfiet the wins of Brazil and let ROC be in the semi final match! :cheesy:

If we're talking about doping, Russia shouldn't even be here... So, let's not go there, okay? ;)

• If we're talking about doping, Russia shouldn't even be here... So, let's not go there, okay? ;)

:aww:

All the Russian athletes (at least volleyball players) are clean LOL. They must've been the most tested players in this Olympics :whistle:, so... nahh.

• if Tandara is positive the entire time, is there a chance that all BRA games will be considered a loss due to this issue? the remaining 3 teams will have a guaranteed medal? :o

I don't think this will happen because it is not official yet. This measure to suspend Tandara is a preventive one that still has to proceed legally. Besides, Tandara will have the right to contest their decision on the court, so we probably won't have a final decision anytime soon.

• If we consider Tandara's technical contributions, she hasn't been doing a good competition and we have three players that can play as opposites - Rosamaria, Natália and Ana Cristina. But this will definitely have psychological impacts on Brazil's game. This is such sudden news for the girls and they now have like ten hours to diggest it and dwell against Korea.

This is certainly a shock and I'm sure the girls love her and feel really sad about her leaving. OTOH, this might not have a negative impact on the group. From the technical POV, I don't think she'll be badly missed. I believe Rosa, Natália and Aninha can get the job done. From the psychological POV, this might push each of the other 11 players to feel like they have to give more of themselves on the court, and even, in a way, try to get the best result possible so to honor her. I think this connects with what I was speaking a few posts ago about externalities. The group of players and staff cannot control stuff like that, like in the Lee twins episode. The only thing they control is how they handle it and how they work in order to be the best team they can be, all things considered.

On a personal note, I have to say: I dislike Tandara as a player, though I completely recognize her importance. But what I do hope with all my heart is that people be kind to her online. She needs the support. And hopefully she can set her mind to a right place, cause this must be awful. ?(

• What? Is she banned from playing here on? This is such a huge blow to Brazil though.

This could potentially be years of being banned from playing with NT like what happened with Yang Fangxu of CNT.

An interesting point to raise is what other teams gunning for the medal would think of this and what actions will they take? Will there be a potential protest from them? Or the other teams that Brazil had defeated?