2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Congrats USA by claiming a spot in the Final! Great team performance by them^^ Also I just wanted to say I always believed in Wong-Orantes:rose:

Sorry for Ognjenovic to miss out on the Olympic gold medal... Also on her birthday;( Serbia dominated the whole Olympic cycle, but the postponement of the Olympicsreally didn't work their favor:( Loss of Michajlovic and Veljkovic was too big, because it left Boskovic as only relaiable scorer. Hope they will take the bronze medal at least!

• Between those 3 teams, Italy, Serbia and China, that everyone considered to be the favorites before the competition, I’m still really disappointed with China. Ok, everyone knows Zhu is their captain and main player, but, for me, they have an incredible team, they’re not only Zhu, so I hope they can find their rhythm back again.

Yes, hope they will be back stronger in WCH and Paris 2024.

• Sis the new ones are bops as well trust me. AESPA really slaying f.e. or Everglow (Yiren is Chinese as well)

If Korea win this match, i want them to do that next level Tiktok challenge. it would be the best response for Sheila.

• Like I said it before, this match reminds me so much the SF between USA x Cuba in Beijing 2008. There was only one team in the court, one sided and just one script during all the match. It seemed Serbia was still in their hotel.

Before the Olympics started, I thought that the big disappointment would be USA, cuz according to the "modern pattern" of vball, in order to get success now, you need a phenomenal player, a scoring machine and well, USA was lacking of that player. But they, as well as Brazil, reminded us that vball is a TEAM sport at the end. Btw, another key factor: JWO was already good in VNL, but she improved much more for these Olympics.

So so far, the dig disappointment are the so called big favs: China, Italy and Serbia (in that order). The biggest surprises and overachievement: South Korea and Russia (oh Russia...if only you would have beaten Turkey in the last match...or if Goncharova would have decided to give just 5% more against Brazil...).

• 베스트 오-

결승전에 진출하여 USA를 축하합니다! 그들에 의한 훌륭한 팀 성과 ^^또한 나는 항상 Wong-Orantes를 믿었다고 말하고 싶었습니다.:장미:

Ognjenovic이 올림픽 금메달을 놓쳐서 죄송합니다... 또한 그녀의 생일에 ;(세르비아는 전체 올림픽 사이클을 지배했지만 올림픽 연기는 실제로 그들에게 유리하지 않았습니다. :(Michajlovic과 Veljkovic의 손실은 너무 커서 Boskovic을 떠났기 때문에 유일하게 신뢰할 수 있는 득점자로. 그들이 최소한 동메달을 차지하기를 바랍니다!

Is Michajlovic injured?

• Boskovic is a great team player and seems like a great kid. I like players who give their all even when their teams can't back them up, props to her.

• I hate to see this Boskoball game, but there’s literally nothing else to do

I expected Terzic to have something up his sleeve. But he doesn't, it seems he just enjoys chewing gum, frowning and looking mysterious.

I mean, what the hell was that business of his during the match against Brazil, of starting Aleksic and Mihajlovic? And then they literally vanished from all the other matches? What was that?

• If there's one thing this Olympic cycle is pointing out - it's that volleyball is a team sport. All other teams who have clearly built a team around their ace players (China, Serbia, Italy) are falling against well balanced teams like USA, Brazil and Turkey (sadly Turkey choked) . Looking forward to a redo of 2008 and 2012 finals in USA vs Brazil. (A lot of hopefuls for Korea, but let's be real here, Brazil is the better team through and through)

"this olympic cycle" also had Egonu go off on everyone (except Serbia) in the 2018 WCh, beating China, USA, Russia, etc.

You can't take this one data point and extrapolate it to the entire sport. What about the Rio olympic cycle? London? etc, etc.

• We can make fun of Karch as a coach, and criticize him, in most cases, deservedly so, but it’s so interesting that he did something that coaches, who were perceived as the better ones before a tournament – Guidetti, Lang Ping, Terzic or Mazzanti – weren’t able to do, and that’s preparing his team well for the decisive part of Olympic tournament, despite injuries and unlucky events like Poulter-Thompson injuries, without b…..t of skipping VNL. I’m not a fan of Karch despite a result, potentially a historic one if he’s able to win the next game, because he has group of players that no one else has in terms of a depth, but that’s a lesson not to take anything for granted, and I think that sometimes we do in context of coaches assume that ones are clearly better of others. You can make fun of his antics as a coach, but that’s an approach and culture of play that for example Italy clearly lacks.

And regardless of yours subjective sympathies of team USA in general, it’s encouraging display to see a team volleyball to succeed over these superstar-based opponents that we’re so impressed about. There was a moment in a female volleyball that you couldn’t win without Zhu, Bosko or Egonu, so at some point we clearly started to underestimate their environment and overrate an impact of an individual player on the outcome of a team result. And then Tokyo Olympics happened, where none of these superstars made it to the finals. But don’t overreact and assume that this is a new tendency, because as for now that’s an exception from past 6 years-trend. Club season will happen then, and we'll witness games like last CL final that have nothing in common with team volleyball per se. And first and foremost, US have world class players on every position, with 89 OHs at home capable of playing on international level, I guess.

About Serbia, Terzic clearly wasted a chances to refresh his team in a way he maybe should have, so I don’t think that at any point they looked like a team that can make something more than getting a bronze medal here and to compete with Brazil and US seriously. But again, don’t overreact, we’re talking about Olympics, and getting a bronze is still pretty amazing consolation prize, and if tournament goes as we predict to go, they should have decent chances to do so.

• It's really hard to predict the result in a big tournament like Olympics and WCH. Class A team (China, Brazil, USA, Serbia, Italy) can beat each other.

Now it's USA's best chance to win Olympics champion for the first time If Drews keeps in a good shape in final.

• Boskovic is a great team player and seems like a great kid. I like players who give their all even when their teams can't back them up, props to her.

She's done it since everytime. It just everything didnt go her way, in the club, this OG.

• i dont believe in karma.

but blagojevic,

tenor.png

:D:D:D:D

To be honest, I would suggest to just wait wait until the end. These Olympics has taught us that the one who laughs last, laughs best :teach:

A 4th Olympic final lost would be hard for USA. So, time to time.

• We can make fun of Karch as a coach, and criticize him, in most cases, deservedly so, but it’s so interesting that he did something that coaches, who were perceived as the better ones before a tournament – Guidetti, Lang Ping, Terzic or Mazzanti – weren’t able to do, and that’s preparing his team well for the decisive part of Olympic tournament, despite injuries and unlucky events like Poulter-Thompson injuries, without b…..t of skipping VNL. I’m not a fan of Karch despite a result, potentially a historic one if he’s able to win the next game, because he has group of players that no one else has in terms of a depth, but that’s a lesson not to take anything for granted, and I think that sometimes we do in context of coaches assume that ones are clearly better of others. You can make fun of his antics as a coach, but that’s an approach and culture of play that for example Italy clearly lacks.

And regardless of yours subjective sympathies of team USA in general, it’s encouraging display to see a team volleyball to succeed over these superstar-based opponents that we’re so impressed about. There was a moment in a female volleyball that you couldn’t win without Zhu, Bosko or Egonu, so at some point we clearly started to underestimate their environment and overrate an impact of an individual player on the outcome of a team result. And then Tokyo Olympics happened, where none of these superstars made it to the finals. But don’t overreact and assume that this is a new tendency, because as for now that’s an exception from past 6 years-trend. Club season will happen then, and we'll witness games like last CL final that have nothing in common with team volleyball per se. And first and foremost, US have world class players on every position, with 89 OHs at home capable of playing on international level, I guess.

About Serbia, Terzic clearly wasted a chances to refresh his team in a way he maybe should have, so I don’t think that at any point they looked like a team that can make something more than getting a bronze medal here and to compete with Brazil and US seriously. But again, don’t overreact, we’re talking about Olympics, and getting a bronze is still pretty amazing consolation prize, and if tournament goes as we predict to go, they should have decent chances to do so.

Yeah, Karch can retire without pity if USA win the champion.

• :D:D:D:D

To be honest, I would suggest to just wait wait until the end. These Olympics has taught us that the one who laughs last, laughs best :teach:

A 4th Olympic final lost would be hard for USA. So, time to time.

doesnt matter. This is all house money.

They weren't supposed to be here (heck even I didnt think they would be)

and blagojevic sucks. (sorry thats mean but she kinda deserves it) I'm taking it all in.

I feel bad for Boskovic she deserves better. Blagojevic, no she doesn't. :lol::lol: