2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Hope to see her play in top clubs/leagues like Shoji does one day:heart:

Tbh Idk currently but in the future I feel like she would be a good fit for a team like Galatasaray, who often play with a lot of locals and try to play a good defensive game.

• KYK's youtube channel reached 1M subscribers and she will soon get the GOLD BUTTON!

It was about 680k before the olympics, and it increased very fast during the olympics as women's volleyball got really famous in Korea as they go up.

Hope she got gold button and gold medal together!

That's cool! Her haikyuu reaction videos are so fun, I still watch it from time to time. I love that part when she said that the players can't kill the ball, and if it's her, she scored already lol

• I was honestly feeling disconcerted when y'all kept mentioning her obsessively. It made me feel uneasy. Now that you gently presented her history, I feel like we know each other better. I can see myself rooting for her in the near future. Particularly dig her background in the German League.

• As you just pointed out that Serbia was hiding their A-team for nearly the whole cycle, how could they dominant it then?

ECH was tough just because there’re many teams at similar level, but none other than Serbia reached the semis here in Tokyo.

For me, when Serbia played with their A-squad, they showed the best volleyball of all teams in the world. That's why I personally think they dominanted this cycle, but everyone can think different about it of course!

Yes only Serbia was in the semis this Olympics, but where was everyone in the semis of WCH 2018? That's right, 3 teams from Europe: Serbia, Italy and the Netherlands;)

I don't want to discuss any further, because everyone has their own opinion and that's good:thumbup:

• if you watch to the end of the gif, you can briefly see she tucks it into her spandex (shorts)

Was that just a portion of the gum she was chewing on? The way she chomps I expected a boulder, not a pebble

• Going back to what matters (I did watch but couldn't enjoy the quarterfinal games, health problems <X).

I was expecting US to win, but not with a swept, they not even need to play at their 100% to beat Serbia, was embarrassing to watch. Just like Macris, Poulter did her best game in OG coming back from injury, Drews game was also very consistent. It seems US has found a solution for their problem with liberos, JWO will be there for an while if she is willing to do.

I feel sorry for Boskovic, when she was giving her best in court his teammates were at the hotel sleeping, they just not belong to the same level of her.

I think that the absence of Veljković is hurtful, not just because she is a top middle blocker, but because of her energy, she has that, Mihajlovic absence caused damage too.

I had the feeling that Terzic didn't trust in any OH he brought to the competition, so why Mihajlovic went to Tokyo on vacation and Lazovic was left out for no reason when she is clearly the best OH their have? He, JLP and Mazzanti thought that only one player was enough, can be, but not all the time, especially at OG. I feel like they expected that at some moment they would do some miracle and provide the win (and I think that's a very lazy work tbh.)

• They shady

Well, it seems FIVB it's really upset because Serbia has not taken VNL serious. (they didn't lie, but this is EVIL.)

• Do you guys think that not playing in VNL was a bad decision for Italy and Serbia?

• Annie's gum... the hero we did not expect... but the one we deserved

Aug-06-2021-00-54-11.gif

Drews:lol:

There was one game where Hande dropped her gum as well. I think that was first set against Russia.

• Do you guys think that not playing in VNL was a bad decision for Italy and Serbia?

For Italy, big Yes. They needed playing time to fine tune their fast game. This facebook post by Italian coach Fabio Menta makes sense:
    https://www.facebook.com/coach…ta/posts/1237730420002712

• "this olympic cycle" also had Egonu go off on everyone (except Serbia) in the 2018 WCh, beating China, USA, Russia, etc.

You can't take this one data point and extrapolate it to the entire sport. What about the Rio olympic cycle? London? etc, etc.

I'd like to think of the "Olympic cycle" as one road with the eventual goal and final battle being the Olympics - the most important and coveted medal of all. Teams with ace players can win major games and be clear favorites, like how you cited an Egonu domination 3 years ago, but at the end of the day, when your ace player falters (like in Egonu and Zhu) or your supporting cast can't back up your main gunner (Serbia), a well balanced team like USA and Brazil can have better outcomes for they have not relied on one player solely.

Maybe it was an extrapolation, but it was made on fair grounds. I wasn't generalizing, so your arguments on it's consistency re: Rio and London, is unfair, as I did not claim that it was the only truth that could exist for this sport, but just one thing we can learn from.