2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Tandara is "Accused" . Let's not judge until this is confirmed.

And what if it is true ?

Are they gone take medal from Brazil ?

• Please, its not like Tandara was a great player in this tournament. She barely played any decent game.

• Totally agree this is not fair at all:mad:

Not fair is imposing judgement without due process. If you must know, a lot of drugs can cause false positive for doping test. Some of these drugs are medications for anxiety and depression, which Tandara has been very vocal to be suffering from. What's unfair is letting the whole team lose their chances of playing for the setback of just one team mate.

If everything goes south for Tandara and Brazil will be suspended, then so be it. Revoke Brazil's medal and give it to the next in ranking. It's very easy.

• omg. Ppl really wanna that golden.

It doesn't matter whether she played good or bad. She was positive in the initial test.

There are athletes with the same circumstance that didn't make it to Tokyo.

• If this was true this whole competition could go in different direction. I’m furious…

If Tandara is positive for doping She should be banned for life and not playing single official match anymore.

• Tandara’s doping is the new entertainment for those who are no longer in the competition :aww:

Go to WCH22 thread and some ONLY to WCCH21 please :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• So what is the rule?

IF she is positive in the re-test, will the whole team be DQ'd? Will their (potential medal) be taken away?

Nope. Seems that more players must to be taken with the same substance.

• And what if it is true ?

Are they gone take medal from Brazil ?

Then she will have to face the consequence of that.

if there are other members of the team who will be positive to doping, then it will be decided by the commitee if Brazil will be suspended and/or if they will revoke the medal(in case they are a medalist)

There's a process for that.

• So what is the rule?

IF she is positive in the re-test, will the whole team be DQ'd? Will their (potential medal) be taken away?

Really bad for all this girls to think about this and in the game against South Korea

• This is idiotic. They should take a medal from whole team. She was part of starting six, it doesn’t matter if She scored 1 point or 30 points.
    What would be if Boskovic was positive and She won gold on her own.

• This is idiotic. They should take a medal from whole team. She was part of starting six, it doesn’t matter if She scored 1 point or 30 points.
    What would be if Boskovic was positive and She won gold on her own.

As much as I want Brazil to take the gold, I kind of agree to this though.

• If this was true this whole competition could go in different direction. I’m furious…

If Tandara is positive for doping She should be banned for life and not playing single official match anymore.

Okay, i can understand your POV about this, but what matter is we have SOP for this accusation. And your POV will only affect you, but not the organization. Keep your tits calm.

• Do you guys know how many situations like this happened to many sportspeople before? Why are you already judging her when it’s nothing official yet? There are so many things and possible reasons for the positive test other than taking doping so please stop with the judgement.

I feel like for some people it’s now a great chance to explain the loss of their fav team with this and blame her for everything bad that happened in the world but guys remember this girl has been dealing with depression and other issues. So please stop with some hateful comments.

• According to the MC Claren report (2011-2015) at least 8 Russian volleyball players (men and women) tested positive and nothing happened. In the final of the Olympic qualifiers 2016, Russia beat France by 3-2 and Alexander Markin tested positive (he whas the best player in that match) and France had to play another qualifier while Russia didn´t receive any punishment, they qualified to Rio 2016.

So if you think Brasil is going to be penalized, keep waiting, this is not an individual sport and Fivb always washes its hands.