2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• no, I agree that Turkey vs Brazil would have been a better match

But Korea won that QFs cause Turkey couldn't get over their nerves and the coach (+ good serves)

+ Şeyma and her overpasses at the tiebreak but still immunity :gone:

• It's anybody's game really. Both teams are at par and there is no definitive favor imo. Both have high quality game so it's hard to decide.

I think this will be more of a battle of mental toughness. Whoever remains calm, collected and consistent wins! Whoever rattles and falters loses

• I think he's already showed his magic by bringing such a Korean team to the SFs

Any team would want his services after this

He does deserve a better team thats for sure

I think Lavarinni will coach Brazil next if Ze decides to retire. Either him or Luizomar or Renan.

• As Guidetti put it once in the past, playing with VakifBank against a Kim Yeon-Koung led team: "mostly the many (here: Brazil) win against the one (Kim)".

• i think it would be a lot fairer to keep random which side of the draw to put the 2/3s on, to try to prevent them gaming the system

but matching the 2s in unfortunate (especially when Pool A will always be “weaker” than B

Hosts shouldn't be top seed!

• Some people are trying so hard to sell Italy as a titan among China, Serbia, USA and Brazil...

I just noticed Italy doesn't win a single gold medal since the 2011 World Cup (when their best generation of players was still there), unless you want to count 2018 Montreux Volley Masters as a major tournament. :lol:

• Any predictions?

Ever since I was a little girl Brazil was my favorite team. They always had this special something, so I'm always biased for them.

However IMO this time it's USA's to take. I've been saying it for a couple matches now and even jinx can't stop them.

After seeing the VNL finals, I've always thought Tokyo is USA's game to lose. They're not only physically stronger but they also have a good system.

But I want a surprise.

• Well, it's right that this tournament isn't on a good level in terms of pure quality of volleyball, but it's understandable considering a year of break from competitive volleyball of all these teams.

That being said, it's great that two kinda similar team in terms of philosophy of play an, more importantly, two teams that don't pick tournaments in which they play with their starters, will play against each other in the finals. Form is temporary, class is permanent, or smth like that.

But my heart is with Chew Drews on this one:flower:

giphy.gif

• Some people are trying so hard to sell Italy as a titan among China, Serbia, USA and Brazil...

I just noticed Italy doesn't win a single gold medal since the 2011 World Cup (when their best generation of players was still there), unless you want to count 2018 Montreux Volley Masters as a major tournament. :lol:

Yeah no. Brazil, USA, China, Serbia are sealed if you ask me, though open to lose this spot as well as we saw this OG. Italy is there in tier B with Korea, Turkey, Russia, DOM etc. Until they prove differently we should stop constantly considering them as a champion just because they have Egonu...

Well, before WCH 2014, USA had not won any single gold medal in a major tournament. And I think that nobody would say they were not a powerhouse in this sport before that first gold.