2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Lets OLYMPIC FIRE BEGIN !!

Europe: Serbia, Italy, Russia and Turkey

Asia: Japan(hosts), China, Korea

North America: USA

South America: Brasil, Argentina

Africa: Kenya

• Groups depend on result of Puerto Rico - Dominican Republic later today.

if Dominican Republic wins:

Group A
    Group B
    Japan (Host, 7)
    China (1)
    Serbia (3) USA (2)
    Brazil (4)
    Russia (5)
    Korea (9) Italy (8)
    Dominican Republic (10)
    Argentina (11)
    Kenya (19) Turkey (12)

If Puerto Rico wins:

Group A
    Group B
    Japan (Host, 7)
    China (1)
    Serbia (3) USA (2)
    Brazil (4) Russia (5)
    Korea (9)
    Italy (8)
    Argentina (11) Turkey (12)
    Kenya (19)
    Puerto Rico (13)
  • Watch Puerto Rico win through sheer luck of Dominican Republic capsizing like the Titanic or through the FIVB Gods with the help of Japan's money. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• This year's VNL will be everyone's testing grounds expect for USA and Brazil:D

I'm sure they will rotate a lot but definitely will play their best line up at least in one of the legs.

China will probably play A team for a couple of legs and send B team to finals again.

• you should list the host city,time shedule,and the arenas

The indoor volleyball competition will take place at Ariake Arena in Ariake, Tokyo.

Schedule starts at July 26 and is every second day (26, 28, 30, Aug 1, 3, 5, 7, 9) with the latter 3 days being QF, SF, F.

I only know the schedules for Japan and China. They will play their group stage opponents in decreasing rank. So, CHN-USA and JPN-SRB will be last day.

• I think if russian athletes participate under the Olympic flag , Serpentine system ranking may change , What do u think about that?

certainly balances out the groups if Russia plays under olympic flag and is seeded last (and it definitely favours them). And it won't be good for Korea.

A: Japan, Serbia, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Argentina, Russia.

B: China, USA, Italy, Korea, Turkey, Kenya

A: Japan, Serbia, Brazil, Argentina, Turkey, Russia.

B: China, USA, Italy, Korea, Puerto Rico, Kenya

• Yes even if Russia going in Tokyo under olympic flag they will have basically no ranking. So interesting those groups

• I think if russian athletes participate under the Olympic flag , Serpentine system ranking may change , What do u think about that?

It would be really weird that Olympic qualification was grabbed by, lets say 6th world ranked team, but they will play as the lastest one...

• Has anything new been announced in regards to the Russia situation?I mean since last December,I've not seen anything except for some players' interviews about the ban...

• if it will be the final pool composition.. who among the four russia? Italy china usa will be the next olympic champion? Or serbia or brazil will break the trend? Since 1992 all gold medalist came from pool B(what a coincidence)

• It's not a coincidence. Cuba won three times being on pool B because they were simply #1 in the ranking, and the #1 always falls into pool B. Probably the same happened to Brazil in 2008 and/or 2012.

• It's not a coincidence. Cuba won three times being on pool B because they were simply #1 in the ranking, and the #1 always falls into pool B. Probably the same happened to Brazil in 2008 and/or 2012.

Exactly. With both #1 and #2 being put into pool B, it’s no surprise that the winner usually comes from there.

• You're right. #2 also falls into pool B, which was the case of Brazil in 2012, China in 2016 and probably China in 2004(I'm not sure about this one).