2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• I think Pool B for Olympics 2020 is one of the hardest pools (if not the hardest) in recent years. What do you guys think?

I think China and Italy from this pool are the clear winners, USA can fall to Russia, and I think Russia and Turkey will be fighting for that last QF spot. Too bad they will probably face Serbia in QF, unless Serbia play mind games again..

• so pool B is a so interesting thing.Serbia wants to save some energy for QF. so they choose easy pool.But OG is not Championship.In 2018,both China and Italy were tired after round 2.In OG,every team has enough time to recover their energy.bucause the schedule is not tense. after playing touch matches in group,they have warmed up and are read for tougher matches.thats why Brasil lost to China in2016.they met weak teams in group,but In group B,every team played very difficult.Also this time eour tems have bigger chance than before to get gold.because since 1992,All gold were gotten by Cuba,China,Brasil.and this time ,Brasil and USA are becoming weak.

• I think Pool B for Olympics 2020 is one of the hardest pools (if not the hardest) in recent years. What do you guys think?

It’s really tough for sure but the USA-BRA-CHN-SRB-TUR-KOR pool from London is hard to beat.

• I honestly disagree that Brazil lost to China because of the easy pool. Brazil won the 1st set so easily and could've won the 2nd set too. Lang Ping made some strategy and China eventually won because they simply played a little better after set 1 and especially during the tie break. Brazil lost by 15x13, it's not like it was an easy game to China. These things happen. China being #4 of the pool was probably not expected. If the Netherlands was #4 (which was the "obvious" thing to happen) Brazil would've made it to semifinals.

• I honestly disagree that Brazil lost to China because of the easy pool. Brazil won the 1st set so easily and could've won the 2nd set too. Lang Ping made some strategy and China eventually won because they simply played a little better after set 1 and especially during the tie break. Brazil lost by 15x13, it's not like it was an easy game to China. These things happen. China being #4 of the pool was probably not expected. If the Netherlands was #4 (which was the "obvious" thing to happen) Brazil would've made it to semifinals.

i dont mean it is a easy game.i mean in the group,Brasil played 5 easy matches.they didnt prepare for tougher match in mental .if you rewatch the replay, you can see how nervous Brasil players were after set 2.we all know in 2016,,Brasil was surely top 1.Though China beat them in qf,they still were better.the problem of Brasil was Wei Qiuyue replaced Ding.Liu replaced Hui.Brasil MBs jumped high but cant block one.though Xu and Yan cant block more,they can block up the balls.

• and I find one thing about top teams out of eour.Why asia,north and south america have top teams in the world and the whole level of those continents are weak.Brasil,USA,China,Japan always have good setters in every generation.even though some of them are not top setters,they still have pretty good level.but In eour teams,their setters training are not steady.

• and I find one thing about top teams out of eour.Why asia,north and south america have top teams in the world and the whole level of those continents are weak.Brasil,USA,China,Japan always have good setters in every generation.even though some of them are not top setters,they still have pretty good level.but In eour teams,their setters training are not steady.

The reason Brazil, USA, China and Japan always remain on top. It is because of course they invest a lot in volleyball and they have millions of girls playing the sport. But mostly important, the reason they always stay among the top teams is simply because they have no competition in their region, so their spot in any major tournament is always a guarantee.

Netherlands finished 4th in the OG and WCH. But now they did not qualify for the OG. But if they had to play against Thailand, DR, Argentina, they would have qualified easily. And once in the Olympics they could still fight for a medal.

Brazil, China, USA and Japan all went through some generations that were not so good...but still they played in every major tournament. European Teams can`t afford that. In order to compete or stay on the top they gotta truly be the best of the best.

Take Serbia as a example. It is uncertain if they will be in Paris. But if they had to compete against Argentina, DR, Thailand.....It would be certain they will be in Paris because even if their level drop, that would still be enough to beat Argentina, DR, Thailand,Korea.

• But Russia also remains on top since forever and they have to compete in Europe. It's not like they have been as strong as they used to (certainly below Serbia and Italy atm) but they still qualify for the major tournaments like WC, WCh, and OG

• But Russia also remains on top since forever and they have to compete in Europe. It's not like they have been as strong as they used to (certainly below Serbia and Italy atm) but they still qualify for the major tournaments like WC, WCh, and OG

Until Rio, Russia was still really good. in 2015 they finished 4th in WC, beat USA in 3 sets, and lost for Serbia in 5. And won the European Championship.

I remember everyone was predicting a 5 set in the quaterfinal Serbia vs Russia in Rio. It was a total shocker that Serbia destroyed them.

They reached final 6 in WCH 2014. And they lost in London for Brazil, same way Brazil lost for China in Rio.

I would say Russia`s level dropped only after Rio. Until then they have always been among the top teams.

And how did they qualify for Tokyo? By beating South Korea..... Had they faced Italy or Serbia I doubt they would win. And having to face now Turkey, Poland, Germany and Netherlands....I honestly don`t know if they would have qualified.

• Actually China does not have millions of people playing volleyball nor does it have a lot of investment. Only two thousand people actually plays competitive volleyball from which to choose a world team, having won 3 Olympic golds, 2 world championships, and 5 world cups. The reason they play a lot of tournaments is because they won a lot, along with Japan, having the most world titles representing Asia. Europe has a lot of competitive teams but that does not guarantee they will win playing against world's best. Everyone went through world and continental qualifications to qualify so the only thing to complain is the format, not the teams.

• you said Brasil,USA,China adont have competitors in their palce.that is right.but can you explain why they can get tickets before the OQ in every continents.you can see their continents always have 2 spots or 3 spots in OG .Eour teams have chances to get tickets from World cup or OQ these years.how can those eour teams to fight for only one spot in continent,for example Turkey,germany,poland,netherland,bulgaria ?China.Brasil,USA 's ranking are matched their ablility.

• Well that applies only if Brazil, USA and China got their tickets at the Continental stage. But no, they all got into OG at the first round by beating teams from all over the world. China got the Tokyo ticket by beating three European teams and the Rio ticket by winning the 2015 World Cup. Same applies to Brazil and USA. I'm not saying they don't have regional advantage, but in this case, they clearly got in because they were stronger than the other teams.

• USA, BRA and CHN have always been medal contender for many decades whereas Europe always had almost 10 teams which are not good enough to beat these 3 but can beat the rest of teams in other continents. However recently, Europe has two powerhouses SRB and ITA that are serious medal contenders for OG and WCh:super:

• Well that applies only if Brazil, USA and China got their tickets at the Continental stage. But no, they all got into OG at the first round by beating teams from all over the world. China got the Tokyo ticket by beating three European teams and the Rio ticket by winning the 2015 World Cup. Same applies to Brazil and USA. I'm not saying they don't have regional advantage, but in this case, they clearly got in because they were stronger than the other teams.

What I`m saying is: Brazil, USA and China has always qualified for the World Cup because they don`t have any competition in their region. Europe can send only 3 teams to the World Cup.

WC last year did not mean anything: But Italy did not qualify because there were 3 other European Team ahead of them. But who is stronger right now? Italy or Brazil/USA???.

Like I said during my post... These 3 teams does have advantage to be used FOR when they are not as strong during a Olympic cycle.

During Beijin cycle USA was not playing well. Finished 9th at WCH. But they still got to play at the World Cup and yes they won their OG ticket there....But would have they qualified for the World Cup if they were playing in Europe? In order to qualify they would have to win Gold or Silver at ECH.....just to have a idea. Russia won the WCH 2006 and 2010, and yet did not qualify for the Word Cup.

Do you really think USA would have beaten Italy, Russia or Serbia at 2007 ECH, when these 3 teams medal in 2006 WCH, while USA finished 9th? I don`t think so. Which means , they would have not qualified for the WC, which also means no chance of a Bronze medal and OG ticket here. 2nd try: win the European Tournament Qualifying. Do you think they would beat Russia there? I don`t think. Which means no OG ticket here.....3rd try: World Olympic Qualification: They would qualify to the tournament depending on their ranking. But since they were not playing well, there`s a chance they would not even qualify.

As you can see...they were struggling during those years, but YET they were able to qualify for the Olympics and won a Silver Medal.

They qualified for the WC as 2nd in Norceca. Simple as that.....went to the WC and got their Ticker by winning a Bronze Medal.....but what if Russia the reining Word Champions played???....and I won`t even mention that China did not have to play.

Brazil on the other hand... That would have not been a problem at all if they were in Europe. As they were really strong during that cycle. They would have qualified for sure... or would they? If they lost for Italy in the WC and lost for Russia in the WCH....don`t you think they would have lost for them in the ECH too and fail to qualify for the World Cup? .......

This is what I`m saying. Netherlands is out of the Olympics, as they are struggling, But if you still put them at the Olympics, there`s a chance they would play well there and win a medal.

I`m not talking about this new Olympic Tournament. Yes Brazil and USA beat Bulgaria and Arzebaijan. But what if they played Serbia and Italy? NO PROBLEM AT ALL...as they would easily beat DR and Argentina....but what if they had to play in this tournament we just watched this past week??...You never know.

Next cycle if Serbia struggles, just put them in America, Africa or Asia...and there will be no struggles as they will still qualify for every major.

and I could get into how Brazil qualified for London....just use same examples above.

• USA, BRA and CHN have always been medal contender for many decades whereas Europe always had almost 10 teams which are not good enough to beat these 3 but can beat the rest of teams in other continents. However recently, Europe has two powerhouses SRB and ITA that are serious medal contenders for OG and WCh:super:

USA, BRA and CHN have always been medal contender for many decades whereas Europe always had almost 10 teams which are not good enough to beat these 3 but can beat the rest of teams in other continents. However recently, Europe has two powerhouses SRB and ITA that are serious medal contenders for OG and WCh:super:

are you new to volleyball???

in case u don`t know Italy won WCH 2002, WC 2007 and 2011

Russia won WCH 2006, 2010.... while Brazil and USA could never beat them in order to win a major.

Brazil won their first major in 2008, 2012....and USA 2014.

China and Japan are a different history.

Russia has always been a powerhouse....even more than Italy and Serbia are today.

• I don't care about world cup. Wch and og are what matters to me. And I was talking about the recent editions.

• 2004,2008, 2012, 2016 olympic games.

In sf: South America - 2004,2008, 2012

North America - 2008, 2012, 2016

Europe - 2004, 2016

Asia - 2004,2008, 2012, 2016

Medals:

South America (Brazil) - 2008, 2012

North America (USA, Cuba)- 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016

Europe - 2004, 2016

Asia - 2004,2008, 2012, 2016

Its a Olympic qualifier from europe more difficult than a Olympic games medal?

• Peopple try to make excuse from the hard working of teams like Brazil, USA, China, Japan an so on.

• I could seriously write a whole term paper about all these European team fans shitting on non-Euro teams and how it's basically a socio-economic & religious issue on the disparity of competitiveness per region. Not to mention the useless arguments considering the rationale of the Olympics.

I just wish the amount of talk/smack thrown to american/asian/latin teams would equate to the amount of OG medals your continent has.

But I'd rather sleep.