2020 Olympics - Tokyo, Japan

• I still think Brasil Women's is better this year than the Men's

• 3-0 and no one from Brazil has played double digits in score.

I dont know if this is intentional or part of their tactics for the upcoming knockdown matches.

Its not intentional

I just feel like they dont want to give their best from these pool matches, they just want to guarantee a spot in the top4 and boss it up in the finals

• I expected a come back from Brazil until the very last minute, pity it didnt happen.

To be honest, losing 3-0 against Russia with a Mikhaylov underperforming to his standards (he was 5/15 after two sets) and a fragile libero is a bit worrying for the Southamericans. Yes, Yakovlev and the OHs look very solid, but Russia could still perform better once Maxim finds his rhythm. For me, the MVP is Yakovlev, what a stellar performance!

For Brazil: please, start with Douglas! If he isnt delivering, replace him, but he should be starter.

• Volkov >>>>>> Kliuka at the moment :obey:

• For Brazil: please, start with Douglas! If he isnt delivering, replace him, but he should be starter.

Naah, I know he's super likeable and pretty good player, but both Leal and Lucarelli are better for right now. Brazil sucks (for now) because they're out of shape, and it can be applied to every other player, not only Leal or Lucarelli.

And it's not part of tactics, because if they lose against USA in similar manner, they'll play for their lives in the last match against France, like they did in Rio.

• Naah, I know he's super likeable and pretty good player, but both Leal and Lucarelli are better for right now. Brazil sucks (for now) because they're out of shape, and it can be applied to every other player, not only Leal or Lucarelli.

And it's not part of tactics, because if they lose against USA in similar manner, they'll play for their lives in the last match against France, like they did in Rio.

Im judging him for his performance, not for his charisma. That is not an element for be taken on consideration in order to be starter/in a team. At least for me.

So far, every time he has come in, he has delivered (he was 5/5 in some moment of the match). I do agree that in general, Leal and Lucarelli are better players. But since VNL, Douglas has shown he is more than just a reliable back up option. Renan takes too much time to move his bench. Leal is one of the top OHs nowadays and when he is focused, he is unstoppable (for example, the tie-break against Argentina). But there are some rallies where he looks super lazy, not even trying to defend some easy balls, pissed off, etc.

On the other hand, Brazilians are feeling "saudade" do Serginho. What a downgrade really. Im still wondering how Thales was chosen best libero in the last VNL.

• Douglas is a very good player. Leal is a better player, but only when he chooses to be. Douglas has a very good attack, pipe, and knows how to use the block better than Leal imo. He always saved his club’s ass during Superliga. Trying him as starter alongside Luca/Leal won’t hurt Brazil. Especially after what happened tonight.

• I think Leal and Lucarelli are more explosive and more intimidating players than Douglas, but Douglas suits Brazil’s style of play so much better than the other two. He is a better receiver and spikes faster balls. In a game against such a good blocking team like Russia, that is essential for Brazil to prevail. Just keep playing with high balls for Lucarelli, Leal and Wallace won’t work.

• I do agree that in general, Leal and Lucarelli are better players. But since VNL, Douglas has shown he is more than just a reliable back up option.

Brazil won World Cup and VNL, and played past two years, with a pair Lucarelli-Leal, and even if they have their limitations, it is undeniable they're very best players in the world on their position.

Even if Douglas is ''more than a reliable back-up option'', you don't change your OH pair that you used past two seasons after ... one loss, especially when you have to win every other game during Olympic Games badly in order to not get yourself into serious troubles. Maybe in the vacuum, Renan ''should'' play Douglas as a starter during an Olympic cycle, so that would be a worthy of consideration option right now, but I don't think he was good enough to consider this option as a worthy of consideration after a league season he had in 2019 back then.

• I think Leal and Lucarelli are more explosive and more intimidating players than Douglas, but Douglas suits Brazil’s style of play so much better than the other two. He is a better receiver and spikes faster balls. In a game against such a good blocking team like Russia, that is essential for Brazil to prevail. Just keep playing with high balls for Lucarelli, Leal and Wallace won’t work.

That is something I am wondering as well. Brazil seems to leave their fast-pace playing these days. It is so un-Brazil. 😂

• I expected a come back from Brazil until the very last minute, pity it didnt happen.

To be honest, losing 3-0 against Russia with a Mikhaylov underperforming to his standards (he was 5/15 after two sets) and a fragile libero is a bit worrying for the Southamericans. Yes, Yakovlev and the OHs look very solid, but Russia could still perform better once Maxim finds his rhythm. For me, the MVP is Yakovlev, what a stellar performance!

For Brazil: please, start with Douglas! If he isnt delivering, replace him, but he should be starter.

Who knows Douglas is the LYY of Brazil men — a secret weapon that is not so secret. 😂

LYY? of China?