2020 Olympics - Tokyo, Japan

• russia-phobia? we’re talking about ACTUAL FACTS.

Except you actually believe only Russia is complicit on this? This is what you were told to believe by the mainstream Western media. I'm not saying Russia is not guilty at all, this is more of a geo-political move, same what happened in 2016.

• There's an interesting article by Insider about whether or not TO will happen this year. WSJ also put out a piece but you can only read the whole article if you're subscribed

https://www.insider.com/tokyo-…ames-will-go-ahead-2021-1

Olympic officials and the Japanese government remain torn as to whether Tokyo 2020 will go ahead this summer.

The Games were postponed by 12-months last year amid the coronavirus pandemic and are set to finally commence on July 23, however record infection levels in Japan have raised fresh doubts about the Games.

"It could go either way," Japanese minister Taro Kono said on Thursday. "The Olympic Committee must be thinking about Plan B, Plan C."

Tokyo 2020 spokesperson Masa Takaya, however, said on Wednesday: "We will deliver the Games this year.

A recent poll by the public broadcaster NHK revealed that only 16% of Japanese people think the Olympics should definitely go ahead this summer.

Dick Pound (lol), a senior member of the International Olympic Committee, has also said he "can't be certain" that the Games will go ahead this summer.

• I have read that a gymnastics delegation participating in the team competition at Tokyo OG can bring in 4 alternates to replace any of the 4 regular athletes in case of injuries or COVID-19 infections. This 1:1 ratio of regular to alternates is very high. Are alternates allowed to travel to Tokyo for indoor volleyball?

• I have read that a gymnastics delegation participating in the team competition at Tokyo OG can bring in 4 alternates to replace any of the 4 regular athletes in case of injuries or COVID-19 infections. This 1:1 ratio of regular to alternates is very high. Are alternates allowed to travel to Tokyo for indoor volleyball?

the American women’s alternates are traveling to Tokyo

• First friendly match between ITA-ARG:

Italy - Argentina 3-1 (35-33, 19-25, 27-25, 28-26)

Italy: Giannelli (7), Zaytsev (14), Juantorena (15), Lavia (8), Galassi (10), Anzani (6) and Colaci (líbero). In: Piano (2), Sbertoli, Michieletto (18), Kovar and Vettori (3).

Argentina: De Cecco (3), Lima (13), Palacios (4), Conte (15), Loser (9), Solé (14) and Danani (líbero). In: Sanchez, Pereyra (8), Poglajen (7), Mendez and Ramos (3).

Michieletto :super:

• 2nd friendly match between Italy and Argentina:

https://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/files/2021/07/Tabello.jpg

One of very early ohmygoodmichielettoiscooking moments with many more to come.

After Superliga season, I thought: ,,okay, he should make a roster, because he's good already, but has its limitations, he's 19''. After VNL, I thought: ,,okay, he was among best players of a 1st phase already, he should make a starting lineup, although he may crack under pressure in Tokyo, VNL and OG are a different story''. After these two friendlies against Argentina, when he was by far the best player on a court, I think: ,,okay, he may be a difference maker on OG level already''. We had some examples of youngsters like Negrao, Miljkovic, Mikhaylov or Giannelli, who provided prolific impact as 19-21 kids on OG level. I truly don't know, and even I don't think that Michieletto will be THAT good, but he can still be really great. He's in a perfect spot with all pressure and attention on Juantorena, Zaytsev and Giannelli to shine.

• Ita-Can 1-3

Bra-Tun 3-0

Rus-Arg 2-3

Jpn-Ven 3-1

Pol-Irn 3-2

Usa-Fra 1-3

• So the first match of the Olympics will be Italy vs Canada. I know it is scheduled in a horrible time for the European fans (2am), but in any case, if you would like to follow it, these are the options:

- Rai 2 (Option 1, Option 2, Option 3)

- Claro Sports (Option 1)

The 3 options for Rai 2 dont need VPN. In the other hand, Claro Sports (youtube channel) needs VPN from any country in Latin America (it is usually free).

In addition, Atv.pe (Peruvian Tv Channel), will broadcast Volleyball Japan x Venezuela according to their schedule (check here).

The online website is this one.

If you would like to watch the match from the official site of Rai 2 (and you arent in Italy), you must use a VPN. I have used multiple times a Google Chrome extension for watching different Italian shows (Sanremo, Pechino Express, etc), and it has always run smmothly.

It is this one in any case.

Lets enjoy the Games! :win:

• If you would like to watch the match from the official site of Rai 2 (and you arent in Italy), you must use a VPN. I have used multiple times a Google Chrome extension for watching different Italian shows (Sanremo, Pechino Express, etc), and it has always run smmothly.

It is this one in any case.

Lets enjoy the Games! :win:

You mean Rai Play? I’m pretty sure Rai isn’t allowed to stream the Olympics on Rai Play because Eurosport and Discovery+ bought the rights for online streaming.