2020 Olympics - Tokyo, Japan

• USA is a good team. Why is RusselL not in the team? Has he an injury?

With Russell USA would be an excellent team.

Yup, he's injured and unfortunately had to miss the Olympics

• This is one of the best matches I’ve ever watched from Christenson :super:

Besides, I think it’s interesting is that many stars underperformed in this first day - Leal, Conte, Zaytsev, Kurek, Ngapeth.

Kurek played good IMO

• This is one of the best matches I’ve ever watched from Christenson :super:

Besides, I think it’s interesting is that many stars underperformed in this first day - Leal, Conte, Zaytsev, Kurek, Ngapeth.

Underperformed is a strong word IMO

These are the real level of Conte/Ngapeth/Zaytsev these days

• Kurek was the best player on a court until a tiebreak, and then he was bad both in spiking and serving, with many errors individually. Overall he was really good tho.

Ngapeth will be fine IMHO, at least individually, but Conte had really awful VNL, so I have doubts whether he finds a decent shape here. The question mark is Zaytsev, who was really subpar in friendlies against Argentina, and according to Blengini has had some health issues during preparations. Leal was really subpar during most of first phase of VNL, and then played great during medal phase games, so I guess he has some issues in finding a right mindset to those irrelevant games like a match against Tunisia.

• Why didnt Kubiak play against Iran?

• Claro Sports is Latin America channel which broadcast all, really ALL, the vball matches.

I know you said ALL but does it also include the women's matches? Thanks in advance! :)

• Just watched the replay of Poland vs Iran.

Iran was kinda lucky to win some crucial points. Marouf outplayed Fabian on every level.

Sliwka was off today. If Kubiak was on court, the result maybe was reversed.

Zatorski was off too and he missed some easy digs.

• France again, choked in big tournament as usual.

Tillie was only 2 points. Everyone knew the coach loved his son.

But picking up Tillie and Locati over Rossard, was a horrible mistake.

Rossard had an amazing season in Italy Suerlega this season.

And he's one of the core player for team Valentia.

Tillie's dad still ignored him, ironically.

• I know you said ALL but does it also include the women's matches? Thanks in advance! :)

Yes. They confirmed it. This is the link for the first two matches (ITA x RUS and USA x ARG): this one.

You could also check their schedulehere. There they show which matches will be broadcasted. I know, it is in Spanish, but thanks to the pictograms you could recognize the volleyball tab. Each tab includes the link for the matches.

• I don't think Rossard could do any better in this situation. If former international performances are anything to go by, he isn't the answer to France's troubles clearly, though able to rise to the occasion for his club mates.

• Yes. They confirmed it. This is the link for the first two matches (ITA x RUS and USA x ARG): this one.

You could also check their schedulehere. There they show which matches will be broadcasted. I know, it is in Spanish, but thanks to the pictograms you could recognize the volleyball tab. Each tab includes the link for the matches.

Thank you! :flower: