2020 Olympics - Tokyo, Japan

• The way he reads the blocks and set up his defense is just wow. A dangerous mind to have on the other side of the net.

YESSSSS :love::love:

Amazing win, Danani is so far the best libero of the tournament, so many awesome digs. Conte is the real leader and Poglajen made a very good sub.

I love how there we no wasted movement in every action he made. :obey:

We stan an efficient libero.:obey:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The coacj take his son to the Olympics? I missed Jan Martinez as an OH option.

• Congrats Argentina! WHAT A MATCH! After being demolished in the 4th set and almost "choke" again, they managed to get the SFs! As I wrote some pages before the match started, if there was a day to beat Italy, it was today. Im happy Argentina managed to be between the top4 after 21 years. Specially, after that massive choke against Brazil in the preliminary round.

As Conte said in the interview after eliminating USA, it would be pleasant for them to beat Italy. The Europeans had denied Argentina to advance in two consecutive Olympic games (QFs in Atlanta and SFs in Sydney - btw, Argentina DID deserved a medal in those Games, after upsetting Brazil in the QFs and a marathon match against Russia in the SFs). So today was time of the "revenge" for the south americans.

For Italy: you see what happened when you didnt bring one of the top liberos in the world nowadays? :whistle:

I am so happy for Argentina but my heart is breaking for Juantorena 💔

This is why I cant understand people who say it would be sweet to see a team being eliminated. Im happy for Argentina, specially De Cecco and of course Conte Jr, who "got revenge" for his dad by eliminating Italy today. But at the same time, I feel sorry for Juantorena, one of the best players in the world being eliminated so early in the tournament. It is always hard in this kind of matches.

• 4 five set matches for Argentina and 3-1 in those. Zaytsev has just dropped so much.

3 point difference in the 5th, 2 Argentine aces and one more service error for Italy, that will do it.

• Facundo Conte crying in Argentinian TV is just ... too much ||

• Does someone knows how to add a tweet here? I would like to share this one

It is the match point narrated by Jorge Montesano (a super euphoric Argentinian tv commentator and Hugo Conte, Facu's dad and well, a living legend of vball).

• The scary thing is today wasn't even his best match.

OT, is no one going mention Danani looks like young Zac Efron?

Zac Efron wishes.:whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Well, in TV the commentators are saying that Italy and China, two medalist in the last Olympics, showed a not so "smooth" performance for skipping the VNL. Specially Italy, which even didnt play a weekend.

They also pointed out this for the Italian case: many "senatori" (the veterans) didnt want to to be in the bubble for more than one month. So Blengini listened the siren voices and accepted. It was even asked to play just two weekends, but no. Being in the bubble was indeed very demanding after such an exhausting club season, but it was a sacrifice for a medal in Tokyo. So, instead of retiring and closing a career in glory, they will regret for this all life long.

At the end, once again, it was highlighted that aside Juantorena, the best Italian player was Michieletto. And surprise! He was one of the few ones who played all VNL long (Galassi and Sbertoli also played there. Galassi just 3 weekends if Im not wrong).