2020 Olympics - Tokyo, Japan

• Wasn't Poland the clear favorite to gold with a huge gap? lol

:cup:

• Congrats to France! This team deserved a good placement in a big tournament after so many failures, but I can't deny I'd like to see Ngapeth flop over and over again - just can't stand him.

As for Poland, I don't really see this as a big surprise.

Since Leon arrived they have not won anything, and haven't really built a cohesive team IMO. Additionally, they don't have a good history in OL...

For me it is the same. I do love th style of play of teams like USA, Argentina and France. It is pure vball, so beautiful skilled. For example, Brazil in Athens 2004 was also such a pleasure to watch.

I also dont see a big surprise France beating Poland. I wouldnt call it THE upset. From all the teams that Polska could face from Pool B, the most difficult for them are France and Brazil. And if we add that Poland has the trend to not pass the QF when they have a team for grabbing a medal (what happens in Italy women nt), well, it doesnt make it so surprising.

And last but not least: ok Ngapeth is a super skilled vball player. But he is way too arrogant and just a douchebag. It is hard to root for him. But in the other hand, Clevenot is super kind guy (I met him in Milano, and he has always been super kind with fans when it is time of pics, he takes extra time to please all), Jenia is the same (who didnt love him in his Modena days? Super humble), and the list goes on.

• The French team lives and die with Ngapeth's offense. He really solidified their final stretch of the match. Patry and Clevenot was mostly consistent all throughout. Though the real MVP of the match for me is Brizzard. He made the team better with his serves and his distribution. Overall, Poland could have won it have they maintained their offensive mindset in Set 3. They were frustrated when the France came back and never really recover. Their setter was all over the place. Great game for both teams though!

• Wasn't Poland the clear favorite to gold with a huge gap? lol

:cup:

I had the same worries until USA beat Poland without Sander in World Cup. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Since Leon arrived they have not won anything, and haven't really built a cohesive team IMO. Additionally, they don't have a good history in OL...

They didn't have in-shape Kurek in 2019, and yet they were really competitive. In fact, in 2019 they swept France twice during OQT and ECH without Kurek... They've just regressed badly in terms of OH2 and a block, I can't recognize what I saw to be honest, but I don't like Heynen as a coach, so somehow I do agree that it is not suprising, even though I believe in them based on some pure irrational nationalist sympathy.

• You must be in the cloud 9 now. Congrats!

For sure. Im so happy. 🤣👍

• For me it is the same. I do love th style of play of teams like USA, Argentina and France. It is pure vball, so beautiful skilled. For example, Brazil in Athens 2004 was also such a pleasure to watch.

I also dont see a big surprise France beating Poland. I wouldnt call it THE upset. From all the teams that Polska could face from Pool B, the most difficult for them are France and Brazil. And if we add that Poland has the trend to not pass the QF when they have a team for grabbing a medal (what happens in Italy women nt), well, it doesnt make it so surprising.

And last but not least: ok Ngapeth is a super skilled vball player. But he is way too arrogant and just a douchebag. It is hard to root for him. But in the other hand, Clevenot is super kind guy (I met him in Milano, and he has always been super kind with fans when it is time of pics, he takes extra time to please all), Jenia is the same (who didnt love him in his Modena days? Super humble), and the list goes on.

❤❤❤

• Isn't this the third time Brizard saved France from elimination with Toniutti starting and him coming from the bench?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Having Toniutti and Brizard is really great.. same with Boyer and Patry.

• excuse me, but when was the first? 😂😂😂

Excuse my memory, when is the 2nd time?

I'm pretty sure he saved France olympic dreams during European OQT. The other one... I'm not sure what game it was but it was crucial.

#FreeBritney

• Btw. besides loss of Poland - this is the most exciting lineup of SFs of OG we could have ever imagined putting sympathies aside.

Russia-Brazil - old classic between two powerhouses in the world of volleyball, needless to say anything.

France-Argentina - first-time semifinalists vs first time since 2000 semifinalists, both playing aesthethically pleasant volleyball.

I hope for some fresh lineups in female tournament as well.

• These hitting stats for the pins for FRA-POL though:obey:

Leon 28/41 (60.98%) Kurek 25/39 (46.15%) OH1 (non existent)

Patry 19/34 (52.94%) Ngapeth 16/28 (35.71%) Clevenot 14/32 (25%)

(efficiency)

Lower efficiency for Ngapeth/Clevenot but they were amazing in set 5.