2020 Olympics - Tokyo, Japan

• I was in the way to write something about this too.

From Beijing 2008, there are only two players who were in Tokyio too: Maxim and Bruno. The Brazilian has one 🥇 (Rio 2016) and two 🥈(Beijing 08 and London 12).

Sergey Tetyukhin has 4:

🥇London 2012

🥈Sydney 2000

🥉Athens 2004

🥉Beijing 2008

Samuele Papi also has 4:

🥈Atlanta 1996

🥈Athens 2004

🥉Sydney 2000

🥉London 2012

Serginho has 4 too:

🥇Athens 2004

🥇Rio 2016

🥈Beijing 2008

🥈London 2012

Nevertheless, Sergey is has the distinction of being the only volleyball player in the world (female or male) with 4 Olympic medals who has all three types of those awards.

• I feel sorry for Rossard. He should fit in this team better than Tillie and Loucati. France's defense and reception helped the team throughout the knockout. In set #5, Pankov's pass was not stable after they led at 6:3. Genia again, proved himself the best libero in the world. Brizard also played at his best in the final.

Russia played great as well, but they're unlucky in crucial moments.

• But after learning of the result of Argentina and before the last match of quarterfinals, I produced a twisted fantasy in my mind that I didn't expect to be anything but a fantasy. I feel a bit ashamed of sharing it, but in the very odd scenario that it might eventually happen, I need to at least register it, because if I don't, no one will believe I actually called it.

France beats Poland in the quarterfinals (this happened, but that's one thing). In the semis, France beats Argentina (I'll be gutted if it happens, because I really like Argentina, but that's life. If Argentina wins, i'll be super stoked for "nuestros hermanos" and just a tiny bit disappointed that France probably won't have a medal, but I can tell right now that the feeling of France arriving 4th it's already a good feeling compared to the feelings of the past). Russia beats Brazil (won't be too mad if this happens, but it won't). Bronze medal: Argentina pulls a Seoul-88 and beats Brazil. Gold medal: France beats Russia.

None of this will happen, since it's just a fantasy of mine. But if it happens, I fantasized it first.

I fantasized it right. :dance4:

• Not sure this is the right thread to ask, but I wanted to ask which international competitions are happening next?

If I'm not mistaken, there's the CEV Eurovolley 2021, right? Or no?

• Not sure this is the right thread to ask, but I wanted to ask which international competitions are happening next?

If I'm not mistaken, there's the CEV Eurovolley 2021, right? Or no?

Yep... 10 days from now (Women's), Men's will be in September, I think

• In the final moments of the QF match of Argentina vs Italy, Conte said something aloud to his teammates a couple of times right before Lima served. Can anyone help translate what he said?

Do you mean when Argentina was 8-9 down and Conte had just scored a point? He said this: "Vamo ahi, vamo vamo", "dale, dale, buena bola". Later (before Lima ace) he said: "cabeza ahora, vamo vamo vamo". It is like this "Come on, come on, good ball (it is literally, but with good ball he meant = good serve). Then he said cabeza = head, but in this case he meant to stay focused and well, finished with more "come on, come on". There is a part I dont hear well cuz of the Mexican commentator is also talking. So I cant traslate that.

• Do you mean when Argentina was 8-9 down and Conte had just scored a point? He said this: "Vamo ahi, vamo vamo", "dale, dale, buena bola". Later (before Lima ace) he said: "cabeza ahora, vamo vamo vamo". It is like this "Come on, come on, good ball (it is literally, but with good ball he meant = good serve). Then he said cabeza = head, but in this case he meant to stay focused and well, finished with more "come on, come on". There is a part I dont hear well cuz of the Mexican commentator is also talking. So I cant traslate that.

Thanks, Leonardo! Lima did receive the mental boost from Conte and scored 4 points in a row! Apart from the two aces with power and tactics, in both attack occasions he managed to convert the half chances into points.

Coincidentally, right after Conte scored to make it 8:9, the NBC commentator said "who is going to step up for Argentina from the serving line", and Lima answered that one minute after.

When Lima scored that back row spike from the 5m area, the commentator said "he's the man possessed" to compliment his extraordinary performance.

• Jordan Larson, Foluke Akinradewo, April Ross