Serbia NT 2020

• anyone knows if Antonijevic or ZIvkovic will return this summer?

I would prefer Mirkovic in Tokyo for her to gain experience. But at the same time, Ana is playing great with Pomi, and I love her connection with Mina Popovic.

Would be heartbreaking for Mirkovic, but I guess I would take Ana "just to be safe".

• anyone knows if Antonijevic or ZIvkovic will return this summer?

I would prefer Mirkovic in Tokyo for her to gain experience. But at the same time, Ana is playing great with Pomi, and I love her connection with Mina Popovic.

Would be heartbreaking for Mirkovic, but I guess I would take Ana "just be safe".

Wow! Finally you realized your beloved Mirkovic is a hopeless case 😂

• I don't think Antonijevic would ever play for the NT again

The reason only I think there`s a chance she would come back, is because this might be her last chance of a Olympic Medal. And many players are able to put any issues aside for the Olympics. That`s what Brakocevic did.

Only problem here is that, she certainly would not get much (or any) court time in Tokyo at all, so it would be a full time backup.

• Wow! Finally you realized your beloved Mirkovic is a hopeless case 😂

You have not watched Mirkovic at all this season. If you watched, you would know she`s playing well and improving a lot. Not to mention Bergamo has the weakest OH line up in the league....In fact they have only 3 OH, and none of them are a "starter". All 3 struggles and the coach must keep rotating and replacing them every single....They even use backup OPP as OH sometimes, and Smarzek too.

I mean.....is there any setter that can handle that?? Some top setters in Italy and Turkey are struggling despite having only World Class Players around them.

Mirkovic is also the second best score among setters, in Serie A. She finished first round with over 50 points.

• Mirkovic is also the second best score among setters, in Serie A. She finished first round with over 50 points.

lol as if that means anything 🤣

• lol as if that means anything 🤣

It means, that she can block, serve and spike.

Anyways, Mirkovic played with B,C team in the World Cup, and she did really well, Serbia went head-to-head against every single team in that tournament. Bejlica was 2nd best score and Mina Popovic and Aleksic among best middles....Now imagine if Mirkovic played with Boskovic, Mihajlovic, Rasic, Veljkovic, S.Popovic...... They would have won either Silver or Gold. :woohoo:

• Sorry I don't know where to post this. But I read an interview with Dinamo Moscow's General Director and it appears Maja filed a lawsuit against her former team. I am really shocked to be honest. I know there are two sides to the story, but it leaves a bad taste both for Maja, even if you're a fan of hers or otherwise.

Below is the excerpt of the interview in English

“OGNENOVICH SUBMITS US TO THE COURT”

- You can clarify the situation with Maya Ognenovich, who left the club immediately after signing the contract for this season. What happened and how did this affect the team?

- The story with Maya began even before the start of the previous championship, when she suddenly decided to resume her career in the national team. We understood that the age player (Ognenovich is now 35 years old - approx. Ed.), Having passed the crucible of the World Cup - 11 matches in 2 weeks! - will return to the club is not in the best condition. And so it happened - due to fatigue, illness and other problems, Maya missed the start of the season and a number of important matches, including the Super Bowl. By December, she got in shape, helped us win the Cup of Russia, and then asked for New Year in Serbia. And already from there she wrote that she lays down on a planned operation due to problems not related to volleyball. So we again lost her for a whole month. Of course, we discussed with her that such omissions, when the team remains with one binder for a long time, threatens the fulfillment of our tasks. And this will have financial implications. Maya agreed with everything. When we extended the contract for the 2019-2020 season, she asked for more favorable conditions, and we went for it to compensate for her previous costs. But literally right after that, Oghenovich through the agent said that despite the new agreement, she would no longer play for Dynamo. Referred to Moscow traffic jams, long flights and other difficulties of life in Russia. Although, as it turned out, behind our back she had already signed another contract - with Vakifbank.

“And you just let her go?”

- Of course, it could be kept. Make you stay. But why? Forcing a person to play by force, especially - such a master - is pointless. We contacted the Turkish club and said that we were ready to let her go, but for a little compensation. Which we have been asked for for a player whom I had to look for to replace Ognenovich. All parties agreed, the story ended there. And then we found out that Maya filed a lawsuit against us demanding to pay her money for the month that she missed because of the very operation, not related to sports. The trial is ongoing, but without much progress. There is no solution.

• The whole situation in weird as hell. I wonder if Maja will comment publicly.

The Dinamo girls won’t need any more motivation to win their CL QF. :D

• What's the operation not related to sports? Boob job?😅

• Roster for this summer:

Setters: Maja Ognjenović, Bojana Drča, Slađana Mirković, Emilija Žakić, Mila Đorđević & Aleksandra Ćirović.

Opposites: Tijana Bošković, Ana Bjelica, Milica Kubura & Milka Stijepić.

Liberos: Silvija Popović, Teodora Pušić, Bojana Gočanin & Sanja Đurđević.

Middle blockers: Milena Rašić, Stefana Veljković, Mina Popović, Maja Aleksić, Tanja Sredić, Božica Marković & Jovana Kocić.

Outside hitters: Brankica Mihajlović, Bjanka Buša, Bojana Milenković, Jelena Blagojević, Katarina Lazović & Sara Lozo.

• So no Stevanovic. I guess it’s not a surprise at this stage but it would have been nice if they had come to some agreement. It shouldn’t matter for Serbia though with Rasic, Veljkovic and Popovic all looking like better options than her now.

• Wow! The serbian setter who played in fenerbache last year was not invited?