Serbia NT 2020

• Amazing match by Tijana against Russia in Rio 2016 quaterfinal match and dominant win by Serbia.

She was just 19yo. :obey:

Btw great youtube channel with lot of interesting content.

• The women's senior national team of Serbia, the current world champion and two-time consecutive European champion, will start training on Monday, June 1. Zoran Terzić, the first coach of Serbian seniors, announced the list of players who will train in Belgrade (16 players) and Uba (23 players).

In Belgrade:

TEHNIČARI(setters): MAJA OGNJENOVIĆ (VAKIFBANK ISTANBUL, TURSKA), BOJANA DRČA ((EX ŽIVKOVIĆ), LOKOMOTIVA KALINJINGRAD, RUSIJA) I SLAĐANA MIRKOVIĆ (BERGAMO, ITALIJA).

KOREKTORI(opposites): TIJANA BOŠKOVIĆ (EZAČIBAŠI ISTANBUL, TURSKA) I ANA BJELICA (OSASKO SAO PAULO, BRAZIL).

LIBERO(liberos): TEODORA PUŠIĆ (TARGOVIŠTE, RUMUNIJA).

BLOKERI(blockers): MILENA RAŠIĆ (VAKIFBANK ISTANBUL, TURSKA), STEFANA VELJKOVIĆ (NOVARA, ITALIJA), MINA POPOVIĆ (KAZALMAĐORE, ITALIJA) I MAJA ALEKSIĆ (ALBA BLAŽ, RUMUNIJA).

PRIMAČI(outside hitters): BRANKICA MIHAJLOVIĆ (FENERBAHČE ISTANBUL, TURSKA), JELENA BLAGOJEVIĆ (ŽEŠUV, POLJSKA), BJANKA BUŠA (ALBA BLAŽ, RUMUNIJA), BOJANA MILENKOVIĆ (ALTAJ, KAZAHSTAN), KATARINA LAZOVIĆ (LOĐ, POLJSKA) I SARA LOZO (ŽETISU, KAZAHSTAN).

In Ub:

TEHNIČARI(setters): ANA JAKŠIĆ (TENT, OBRENOVAC), ANĐELA VESELINOVIĆ (VIZURA), NINA MANDOVIĆ (TENT, OBRENOVAC) I ANDREA TIŠMA (PARTIZAN).

KOREKTORI(opposites): VANJA BUKILIĆ (CRVENA ZVEZDA), VANJA SAVIĆ (JEDINSTVO, STARA PAZOVA), SARA CARIĆ (VIZURA) I TARA TAUBNER (CRVENA ZVEZDA).

LIBERO(liberos): BOJANA GOČANIN (TENT, OBRENOVAC) I SANJA ĐURĐEVIĆ (UB).

BLOKERI(blockers): JOVANA KOCIĆ (VIZURA), HENA KURTAGIĆ (TENT, OBRENOVAC), JELENA DELIĆ (CRVENA ZVEZDA) I MINJA OSMAJIĆ (JEDINSTVO, STARA PAZOVA).

PRIMAČI(outside hitters): MILICA TASIĆ (CRVENA ZVEZDA), MINA MIJATOVIĆ (TENT, OBRENOVAC), ANA PEJIČIĆ (VIZURA), ISIDORA KOCKAREVIĆ (JEDINSTVO, STARA PAZOVA), BARBARA BATINIĆ (ŽELEZNIČAR, LAJKOVAC), JOVANA ĆIRKOVIĆ (PARTIZAN), JOVANA CVETKOVIĆ (TENT, OBRENOVAC), SONJA DANILOVIĆ (VIZURA) I SARA MARINKOVIĆ (PARTIZAN).

• The first thing i thought when i read the list of invited players was Where is Jovana Mirosavljevic!!!! and why she is not on it???

The only logical answer to me is that she already belongs to that group of proven players such as: Ćirović, Antanasijevic, Djordjevic, Kubura,......also inluding players like Božica Markovic, who was on the wide list for the Tokyo2020. To clarify what i meant. A group of players who will train in Ub, i think they will serve as a check/test camp for young players from the Serbian League who showed a certain quality but again do not belong to the group mentioned above (although it is not clear to me what Kocic doing in Ub, at least she has been checked in whatever class it belongs to).

Some players from "Ub list" which is IMO significant to mention:

It is so glad to me that i see Veselinovic on the list, libero Sanja Djurjdevic had great season in the Ub, 15yo blocker Hena Kurtagic (192 cm) is one of the biggest young prospects from our "schools", i like a lot Kockarevic also (but she mainly played as opposite in Jedinstvo last season), Mina Mijatović also is significant to mention as player on which is value to pay attention.

• Sylvia Popovic?

I guess that she want to have a free summer, she have a son and probably want to spend time with him and rest of the family, actually i hope that she will not retire or something like that and that doesn't make sense to me at all. She play so important role and she was great in that job.

• I'm curious, why isn't Aleksandra Jegdic on the list? Has she ever played for NT? She is doing a sollid job in Potsdam and IMO she is a better libero than Pusic:/

• I'm curious, why isn't Aleksandra Jegdic on the list? Has she ever played for NT? She is doing a sollid job in Potsdam and IMO she is a better libero than Pusic:/

I did not follow her since she leave Serbian League (even when she played in Serbia i did not see her as national team material), so i can not say anything as personal opinion, obviously Terzic think that Pusic are better.

Pusic was play really solid at Eurovolley last year.

• Jegdic wasn't impressive in her first season in Potsdam but IMO she made a big step forward last season and should be considered.

But...what are they practising for? I mean, there won't be any competitions this summer, so why bother?

• I guess that she want to have a free summer, she have a son and probably want to spend time with him and rest of the family, actually i hope that she will not retire or something like that and that doesn't make sense to me at all. She play so important role and she was great in that job.

I didnt know that

• But...what are they practising for? I mean, there won't be any competitions this summer, so why bother?

First team probably because staying in the form and possibly to play some tactical ideas.

As for the B (Ub) team that is obviously just testing camp and probably thing which would be performed in VNL.

• Do you guys think that final 12 for OG is already determined? I think the only spot open for grabs is 4th OH position between Milenkovic and Lazovic

• Text and Interview with Maja Ognjenovic.

journalist: Ivana Salapura

medium: SportKlub

My fave are question number 6. and 10.

Fast legs, fast toes and an even faster mind. Lucidity, creativity and sports insolence. These are the qualities of a top setters - this is also the shortest description of the already great Serbian sportswoman, Maja Ognjenović.

Back in Zrenjanin, Professor Vukovic and his closest associates recognized top talent, and with a combination of happy circumstances and coming to the Red Star, Maja showed as a teenager that she has great quality and could become one of the best in the world, in her position.

With the national team, she crossed "over thorns to the stars", that swaying and difficult path that made Serbia the best selection on the planet. And with all the medals she won with the national team, from the famous 2006 until today, Maja, as a rule, brought home individual awards.

In a conversation with Sport Klub, she talked about the best moments in her career, the role of the captain, the relationship with the coach Zoran Terzić, but she also expressed concern for the future of Serbian women's volleyball.

1. We started with the most up-to-date information and special recognition she recently received - Maja, along with Tijana Bošković and Milena Rašić, was included in the CEV team of the decade.

"Individual awards are welcome. This is especially true, because the team was chosen for a decade, it is a long period of time. Usually when an individual award is won, it is for one season, or one competition. This is ten years old and because of that it is special, it has extra weight. He was still choosing CEV! I didn't take it all seriously, until people started calling and congratulating me. Then I saw who made the choice. I liked it. Such recognitions are always an incentive and a motive "

2. Ognjenović received the flattering title of the best European setter in the past decade, far from the field. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the championship in Turkey, where he defends the colors of Vakifbank, was interrupted. And all representative competitions for this summer have been canceled.

"  Everything was abruptly interrupted. We trained at home, but it was minimal fitness. We were all aware that we had to adapt, that we could do nothing. It was uncertain whether the season would continue. We wanted it to be played, but as expected, the end was announced in most countries. This is a very long break, the longest we've had. It is difficult and mental, because it is an unnatural condition. We could have rested, but it was definitely weird. "

3. The Olympic Games were moved by one year, and it was at that competition that the Serbian volleyball players aimed for the golden hat-trick, after the championship titles at the planetary and European championships.

"The desire of all of us was too great to go to the Olympics and fight for the gold we are missing. In that sense, I still think that this year will not change anything. Our desire and motive will be at a high level in 2021 as well.

The organizers made the expected decision, the only normal one. It is logical that they postponed the competition where so many people would gather. "

4. Although the selector Zoran Terzić stated that the postponement could be a "small minus" for the Serbian team, the captain has a different opinion.

" We'll be a year older. But I don't think that's a flaw. On the contrary, younger players will be able to progress, have a year more experience and be ready for the biggest challenge. I did not perceive that delay as something negative or tragic. You have to be patient. We will gather this summer, we will work together, because it would be too much not to see each other. It will be crowded with the competitions next year, but we will harmonize ".

5. While waiting for the "crown of her career", Maja already counts Olympic silver, world gold and bronze, two gold, silver and bronze from the continental championships in her collection ... When asked which competition marked her decade, the first lady of the Serbian team answered:

"I can't single it out. It’s like when they ask me what my favorite medal is. It's not fair to choose. When it comes to competitions, there have been ups and downs. I also remember when it was nice and when it didn't go as we expected. Let's say 2011 is special to me. Previously, in 2008, 2009 and 2010, we did not achieve the results we wanted. But we learned lessons from that unfavorable period. Then came 2011, when we became European champions, in Belgrade. After that, the not so successful Games in London followed, and then the World Cup in 2014 ... But somehow 2011 stands out for me. Of course, I do not diminish the significance of everything we have done in previous years. We have shown that it must cross the thorns to the stars".

6. Recently, the legendary Vesna Čitaković, in a conversation with Sport Klub, recalled the beginning of the 2006 World Cup, the match against Italy and Maja's persistent cooking in the third set.

"I am grateful to Vesna for everything. She is a specific teammate, she was a leader, a real captain. For example, my teammates often told that I am a good captain, but I am not a leader because that is not in line with my character. I took advice from her. I remember the moment when she approached me and said that she would cut off my hand if I tip another ball. I was young then, maybe that justifies that audacity and courage to cook a few times. If it weren't for her comment, I would definitely do it again. Every point is a story in itself, as is every game and every tournament. Vesna and Terza remember the details, I remember several extremely special matches ".

7. She often has the opportunity to remember those details with the famous selector Terzić, since they have been cooperating for almost two decades.

"There is a special story with Terza. We have been working together for a long time, and it is known that the coach and the lifter must have the closest cooperation. I worked with him even before I came to the national team, since we were together in Zvezda and in the junior selection. We have been cooperating for 17 years. During that time, we adjusted to each other, I grew up with him, he grew up safely with me. We have both changed a lot in all these years. Now we have the best cooperation. Over time, I realized myself. The setters proves himself throughout his career. I gained confidence, realized that I could swim in the top. I had the freedom to build my own style. Now I can say that he is one of the most deserving for my career. Even during the club season, Terza is always in my cerebellum. I often wonder what he would say, what he would ask of me. "

8. And in the clubs, she cooperated with top coaches, considering that she played in the strongest leagues - Italy, Turkey, Russia, Poland ...

"I adore Italy. In 2008, it was really the strongest league in the world. The biggest world names later played in Turkey. Turkey may be the strongest now, but it is the most balanced championship in Italy. I can't separate them ".

9. The situation in the domestic league is significantly different from those in which Maja played in previous years. Teams in Serbia are made up of extremely young people, or players at the end of their careers, and there is no continuity of participation in European competitions. That's what worries the "blue ladies" captain.

"I'm worried. I can't say that I follow our championship, but I feel sorry when I hear how things stand. For years, I have been waiting for a younger player to join us in the national team, even if she comes to the preparations. And there are several. But no one is like Tijana, who came extremely young ready to play in the lineup immediately. I listened to Terza's lecture, when he said that the last top player we created was Milena Rasic. I hope that those who are engaged in this business will have hearing, but also strength. I can't say exactly what the problem is. Maybe selection, because everything starts from that in the end. And I know we have good coaches, I know them. From this perspective, I don't know who will come when the three or four of us leave next year. It's not so much about the results. It is normal for there to be a small drop, when a change of generation occurs. The problem is that this period can last much longer. However, everything is subject to change. I am afraid, but I hope for a bright future. "

10. When asked if this announces a farewell at next year's European Championships, which will take place in Serbia, Maja answers:

" After Rio, I bit my tongue, so I was sorry. It would be an ideal opportunity in Belgrade. But everything is related to the result, we will see how the situation will develop. I will not be lazy to play another competition in order to say goodbye to the brightest medal. "

• Do you guys thing that final 12 for OG is already determined? I think only spot open for grabs is 4th OH position between Milenkovic and Lazovic

In general yes, ofc only if form of certain players dont drasticly change.

And i see one more open "spot-fight" - Mirkovic/Drča, for sure outcome of Mirkovic season in Eczacibasi will be significant.

• 6. Recently, the legendary Vesna Čitaković, in a conversation with Sport Klub, recalled the beginning of the 2006 World Cup, the match against Italy and Maja's persistent cooking in the third set.

"I am grateful to Vesna for everything. She is a specific teammate, she was a leader, a real captain. For example, my teammates often told that I am a good captain, but I am not a leader because that is not in line with my character. I took advice from her. I remember the moment when she approached me and said that she would cut off my hand if I tip another ball. I was young then, maybe that justifies that audacity and courage to cook a few times. If it weren't for her comment, I would definitely do it again. Every point is a story in itself, as is every game and every tournament. Vesna and Terza remember the details, I remember several extremely special matches ".

Vesna's recollection of this event:

It was the opening match of the WCH '06, against Italy. We start so-so, then we take the first set by 25-18. The second set was also easy. You see the Italians are getting nervous, they don't know what hit them. As the third set goes on, the scoreline is close, and then Maja tips a ball and it goes out. We win the following point. Then Maja tips again and once again it goes out. Now the Italians are waking up. I approach her, hold her tight around the belly and say "Tip the ball just once more and I'll cut off your hand!" And that was it for the set, Maja started crying, the Italians turn it around completely and take the set. During the pause, Terzić starts yelling at me for what I did. It was a big mess! But fortunately, it all ended well, we won 3-1 and Maja forgave me!

She was also asked about the controversy regarding her failed comeback in 2011 and she didn't want to go into details, but admitted that her pride got in the way and she would have acted differently now if she could. She also mentions Ivana Đerisilo as the most athletically gifted player of that generation and is a bit embarrassed to admit that Eleonora Lo Bianco (who she respects tremendously) is the setter she has struggled the most to form a good connection with.

http://sportklub.rs/Blog/Blog-…eva-srpske-odbojke-I.html

http://sportklub.rs/Blog/Blog-…va-srpske-odbojke-II.html

• Highlights from the first training of Serbian women's volleyball national team after coronavirus quarantine

*Since most of the video is actually short interviews with the players, i owe the brief explanation (for none serbian users), these were questions about spending time in quarantine,........nothing more interesting than that and related to volleyball.

• thank you for sharing! It’s nice to see them all back!

• Didn't know where to post it, but the final of ECH 2011 between Serbia and Germany now live on youtube of CEV:cheesy:

• Didn't know where to post it, but the final of ECH 2011 between Serbia and Germany now live on youtube of CEV:cheesy:

And just follows the fourth set - IMO, completely subjetive, the most exciting part of the mathc and a fantastic comeback of Serbia (Molnar service series). Great memories everytime when i watch this final, i hope that next year will be coronavirus regulated, and that we can expect at leat duplicate crowd during final match in Belgrade, in ofc i hope that Serbia will ne one of the participant.