Serbia NT 2020

• Congrats to the most beautiful couple in volleyball!

But IF she doesn’t get back in shape in time next year, who can fill the remaining 2 spots of MB after Rasic & Popovic? I don’t think Terzic will ever invite Stevanovic to the NT again.

Aleksić for sure. Even now she is a bit underrated player IMO she is a great, i dont want to say that Aleksic is better than Veljković, in some parts probably, but in general Veljković is an indispensanle member of national team, but after Veljković, Rašic and for a bit under them Popovic and one more time a bit space between Popović and Aleksić, other MB are significantly under level of these girls.

But i hope that Fefa will be ready for Tokyo next year.

• Hopefully Veljkovic will do like Gioli, who was back 25 days after giving birth and managed to get in excellent shape very quickly.

• Although there were already insinuations and it was clear that it was her wish and plan, now it is official that Bojana Drča (nee Živković) is pregnant, according to the picture on Instagram, it would be 4,5 months already.

* Congrats to Bosha and her husband.

• Apparently Vargas got Serbian passport last year already and now Serbian federation made an official request to FIVB to recognize the nationality change :white:

She could have her debut on Serbian NT in 2022. Looks like Terzić is behind it all.

• Apparently Vargas got Serbian passport last year already and now Serbian federation made an official request to FIVB to recognize the nationality change :white:

She could have her debut on Serbian NT in 2022. Looks like Terzić is behind it all.

So he will be replacing Mihajlovic after olympics

I can't understand how come Turkish federation missed this opportunity 😱 she has been playing in turkey already many years

congrats on winning 2022 WCh and 2024 Olympics.

• What amazes me most is this is a "desperate" move...

Terzic thinks he needs Vargas to keep Serbia among elite teams after Tokyo...

Poland were world champions without Leon, couldn't even win Eurovolley with him...

So, there's a good chance this might not work out as expected...

• What amazes me most is this is a "desperate" move...

Terzic thinks he needs Vargas to keep Serbia among elite teams after Tokyo...

Poland were world champions without Leon, couldn't even win Eurovolley with him...

So, there's a good chance this might not work out as expected...

How is it a desperate move. Any team would want strong players not mediocre ones. If he can get her then why not

• How is it a desperate move. Any team would want strong players not mediocre ones. If he can get her then why not

Do you think Terzic would bother to do this unless he felt it was necessarry?

This is NT, not club volleyball, players and the Serbian people won't like it...

Are you aware how tough the competition is in Europe?

In 2 years Italy will be the best team in Europe and there won't be much difference between Serbia and Russia, Germany, Poland, Turkey

and of course Netherlands might make a comeback...

Serbia might not make it to Paris, since they will be without Ognjenovic, Rasic, Popovic and will play with 33 year old Mihajlovic...,

So it's obvious naturalization of Vargas is a design by Serbian Federation and Terzic to keep Serbia where they're...

• I see nothing wrong with Terzic getting Vargas into Serbian NT. There seems to be no proper replacement for Mihajlovic and if he's unable to develop one, it makes sense to look somewhere else. It may sound like a desperate move to some but in the end, Serbia would benefit from it. Italy has done it, Russia has done it, and even Croatia too. A player as good as Vargas would be in any coach's radar and if Terzic didn't get her, somebody else will. It wouldn't be surprising if Guidetti would get Haak into Turkey NT (specially if Ebrar fails to live up to her potential).

• But how? Is she a resident there?

We are not a serious enough country to make it mandatory to obtain citizenship, Serbia is a small country from which people mostly just go to Western Europe + North America, so every opportunity, even if it was like this "business" for a new citizen is used.

• Although I've said I'm not thrilled like this

epilogue, I must say that this is a great success for Terzic on a personal professional level, in terms of management this is a great move, but I can agree that this is not about clubs (although there is room for discussion), it is about the NATIONAL team, and I do not welcome this move in any way in that sense.

I must certainly refer to the statement that this desperate move, I don't know how anyone can reasonably call the two-time European, world and Olympic vice-champion desperate. The justification for this move = the desire to stay on top is in place, but it can by no means be a desperate move.

Using the words, felt, will with the citations of some analysts without too much thought and explanation as if the factual situation is quite frivolous so I will not even try to dissuade anyone, but I am sure that Serbia would be in the top without Vargas even after the change of generations, top 3 in Europe, and in the top 6 in the world, with a constant aspiration to be first and they will can fight for that place.

• I think it is a great move by Serbia, they were playing with Mihajlovic as non receiving OH for many years. Buse and if she remains for a while, Popovic can do 2 people receiving while Vargas can replace Brankica after Olympics. Did you see how effective the girl was when she was hitting from zone 4 in last match? She attacked with 17/28 (%61) while rest of her team was moving on the court like ghosts. It is actually funny that she sometimes helps receiving and does a better job than Brankica too. So it is a very good deal for Serbia, big congrats.

The only problem I see for Serbia now is, who will replace Maja after ECH, because she was making miracles from bad receives too...

• Great hitters comes and goes but players as Maja Ognjenovic is to to hard to replace.

Without Maja hard to believe that they would be silver or winner of WCH.

Because of Maja they are who they are right now, teams as Italy and China become so strong that it is going to be to hard to them to keep it up, but Vargas can help A LOT.

Serbia has great attacker, but in today volleyball if you want to be number 1 you need to have one of the best setters in your team.

• Great hitters comes and goes but players as Maja Ognjenovic is to to hard to replace.

Because of Maja they are who they are right now, teams as Italy and China become so strong that it is going to be to hard to them to keep it up, but Vargas can help A LOT.

Agree with 90% of this post, just not with bold sentence, she is a big part of this team, and true leader, but (because of Maja they are who they are right now), another attempt to belittle the success, Serbia has proved that the team is currently the best in the world, every attempt to trivialize that team is doomed to failure.

I mean without any ofense cro, i just want to explain, what you said is like someone saying that Conegliano plays the way they play, because of Wolosz, for example, and that they are where they are because of her, literally every player in that team is important for their game, as well as in Serbia.

Although it is true that it will be extremely difficult to match Italy and China in the next period, it is important to note that Italy and China do not have Maja Ognjenović, and I certainly think that Serbia will not be deprived of some new stars.

• I see Italy way stronger than China in next cicle. I think USA and Brasil will be more near of them either. Poland, Turkey has good prospects either.

Brazil will finally make a transition in the next cicle and so far there is a really good prospects.