Serbia NT 2020

• Brankica and Melissa will never play together, since there is only 1 naturalized spot per NT, and they would both be naturalized players.

• I m very surprised with this statement. This situation makes it extra weird that why she didn't apply for Turkish citizenship 🤔 with all respect, Serbian passport is not meat better than Turkish passport since they are not an EU country neither. And if she would be eligible to play as a local player, she would be the most wanted opposite among Turkish clubs

There's something dodgy going on🤔 is her wife from Serbia?

• Just saying there is corruption in Balkan countries doesn't actually address any of Bogdan's points. Sure, there is lot of corruption, but in practice, what you are saying is that Vargas paid a substantial sum to an official to get Serbian citizenship. Even if we accept that premise, the inevitable question is: why would she do that, if not to plat for NT? And since we are rejecting the possibility of her playing for NT in this scenario, than no one in Serbian Federation would have any incentive to help her.

Plus the already mentioned Terzic interview, which directly contradicts what Melissa is saying here.

What I think is much more likely is that this letter (if genuine) is either coming on the heels of the negative response from FIVB, or she is giving a false statement to cool the situation and kill the rumours, so that few years down the road, when she is finally able to play for Serbia, she can turn around and say: "Oh, I've changed my mind; I'll play for them."

I believe this could be the reason. Maybe there were some oppositions from the team. Also from Branicka’s point of view, she might have past her prime, that’s true, but she is still an important player for Serbian NT, both with her performance and experience. Maybe now she started to question why she is working her summers when Serbia already filled her position. She could rest during summers and continue to play in clubs longer. This might have affected her psychologically. When she agreed to play for Serbia, I am sure she did not say “oh I am going to play until I am replaced”. It is her right to serve Serbian NT as much as she can, not until a younger replacement is found.

• I m very surprised with this statement. This situation makes it extra weird that why she didn't apply for Turkish citizenship 🤔 with all respect, Serbian passport is not meat better than Turkish passport since they are not an EU country neither. And if she would be eligible to play as a local player, she would be the most wanted opposite among Turkish clubs

There's something dodgy going on🤔 is her wife from Serbia?

The difference is that the holders of Serbian passport can enter the EU (and China) without a visa, which I assume is very practical for a volleyball player. Still, as corrupt as Serbia is, one cannot simply apply for a passport and get it fast-tracked without having something to offer in return. And I doubt Vargas would have the amount of money needed to bribe the officials. That's mostly reserved for shady millionaires fleeing their countries trying to protect their wealth and even then it happens very rarely.

Serbia doesn't recognize same-sex partnerships, so Vargas having a Serbian wife would have no bearing on her getting Serbian citizenship.

The point is, we have Terzić on record saying Vargas is going to play on Serbian NT and that they've approached the FIVB to get the permission, He wouldn't lie about something like that. So, something must have definitely happened for Vargas to change her mind.

As for the Brankica matter, I assume as a long time member of the team (and one of Terzić's favourites) she was consulted about the thole thing and that Vargas was joining because she intended to retire in a couple of years and not that Vargas was going to push her out of the team.

• maybe melissa say that in order to get the passport but never wanted to play for serbia

• At this point you're just repeating same things even after multiple people pointed out the flaws (factual flaws, not subjective ones) in your arguments. Either offer something else, or stop posting on the topic.

• The thing is ESPECIALLY if she didn't want to play for Serbia, she wouldn't have felt the need to make a public statement about it rather than just not play for them, like to give an example many players did after receiving the Azeri citizenship.

This is clearly some kind of damage control, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Brankica has something to do with this or others related to the team. I agree, in theory Brankica could do 2024 and she is being replaced if Vargas in Serbia is true. That's how she could feel.

• The thing is ESPECIALLY if she didn't want to play for Serbia, she wouldn't have felt the need to make a public statement about it rather than just not play for them, like to give an example many players did after receiving the Azeri citizenship.

Exactly this. This could still be several things (and all of them are some type of damage control or another), but one thing it couldn't possible be is Melissa applying and getting citizenship without ever intending to play for the country. To think that, you would have to so twist your theory to fit the known facts of the case that it would be convoluted beyond all reason and logic.

Also, I have to side with Joana on the issue of Brankica, and whether she was informed about all this beforehand. I cannot imagine Terzic not telling her, especially now that they are in the same team (and the intended replacement is also there!). If she had any objections, I doubt this thing would have gone off the ground (at least not without raising a much bigger public stink).

• Vargas' wife is also Cuban.

• Maybe brankica's performance this seasonn is affected because of these issues.

She had/have an injury, for sure non related to this topic at all.

• Today Targoviste and Alba Blaj played the derby of the Romanian Volleyball league in wich Targoviste close a win in 5. How is Alba a true Serbian colony, keeping in mind that 6 of 7 starters are serbian players, i was thinking that this topic is right place to make a point about that match.

• Aleksic is in hell good shape (from year to year even better), battle for 3rd MB spot for Olympic (if ever happen) between her and Popovic could be interesting, especially after not the best half season by Popovic in Savino Del Bene.

It is true that Romanian and Italian league can't be compared, also Aleksic have a better setter next to her than Popovic (IMO Antonijevic > Malinov).

Also Popovic has proven herself as a player in big competitions, she is more experienced, Aleksic has not done in the national team yet, it is true that she did not even have a chance, at least not in those bigger competitions.

So we have plus and minus abouth both players and repeat this decision IMO will be the most dificult one.

• Milenkovic is also in way better shape than last year, and when we see how Lazovic play, so far Milenkovic is in big adventage.

• but popovic is now starter in serbia considering that veljkovic is pregnant and a lot of time miss

Ahe gonna battle the spot with her

• but popovic is now starter in serbia considering that veljkovic is pregnant and a lot of time miss

Ahe gonna battle the spot with her

I think that Veljkovic will be ready for OG, in that case Rasic and her are locked.

• Yeah, as long as she wants to play, there is no way that Veljkovic is not a lock. That's a certainty.