• What do you guys think bringing Sarah WiWilhite as backup opp to the OG. She has been showing such a phenomenal performance this season, it would be a crime not to take her to olympic roster. She is playing as opp in last couple of matches and she is scoring consistently at the right side

• What do you guys think bringing Sarah WiWilhite as backup opp to the OG. She has been showing such a phenomenal performance this season, it would be a crime not to take her to olympic roster. She is playing as opp in last couple of matches and she is scoring consistently at the right side

I doubt it.

There are two situations where should could.

1) Krob is brought as the libero and Wilhite fills that open spot.

2) Vastly outperforms JT/Drews in the VNL.

I don't really see either of these happening. Plus its Karch. Who knows with him. He may call Courtney Thompson back instead of Jordan Thompson :lol:

• I'd love if Karch would bring Krob as the libero and bring another pin. But I dont think he will. His kumbaya doesnt seem to apply to her.

I think Sarah deserves a solid look at the VNL. I think she can potentially offer more than Drews but I'd like to see how she handles OOS balls internationally. (Drews is bad OOS, very Kelly Murphy-esque)

• i don’t know all the young players in the US program that well, but i did watch the pan am games last year, as well as many pan am cups over the years.

a few years ago, the US sent the following team to the PA cup, which they won, surprising the DOM at home, i think: carlini/whitney, lee/wilhite, haleigh/chiaka, with rivers and anae among others coming off the bench. (i think in the following edition, drews was the starting OPP.)

at the PA games in lima last year, both plummer and cuttino were awful, but rivers coming off the bench outshone them both. p. tapp, al-Hassan, SSS, wilhite and kingdon were also in that team, which was a mess and finished 7th, only beating CAN.

recently in the BRA league, cuttino seemed very impressive, certainly very improved and unstoppable in many matches. but in the last two matches, she reverted to her old self and struggled a lot. when she’s dominant, she’s a very fast hitter and a big jumper. when she struggles, she gets the timing and angles all wrong. i sometimes don’t know why she needs such fast sets.

rivers, i hear, is shining in GER league, but she’s short for the US program, i think.

wilhite seems to be doing well currently but i don’t really see her as an OPP, specially in the NT.