• Excited for Hentz too but Im not even sure if shes going to make it in the gym this spring/summer in time for the VNL practice/selections. If I'm not mistaken she would still be in school finishing up around that time.

Absolutely no idea how they run things. All i know is that they have a list of invitees separate from the list of open tryout participants. I believe collegiate national teams are selected during this tryouts as well.

• What a great news that Kenzie Maloney is training in the USA gym!:cheesy: I always likes her a lot. In my eyes she is a complete libero with stable reception, great defense and she also is good in taking over the second ball. Even if she don't make it to the USA NT this year, I hope she is going to play professional.

Next to Maloney there are so many great libero's in NCAA. Hentz indeed gas creazy defense and is all over the court. Kendall White is more like Maloney, verry stable in all aspects of the game.

On the outside hitter position I would like to see Edmond. She has the potential to be an allround outside hitter. Also Micaya White has good potential.

I'm a fan of Fitzmorris, but I liked her more as middle blocker than opposite.

From the players with remaining ncaa eligibilty, I would like to see the following players to train with the main team this summer:

Dani Drews (outside hitter)

Sydney Hilley (setter)

Regan Pittman (middle blocker)

Madison Lilley (setter)

Staphanie Samady (opposite)

Lauren Stivrins (middle blocker)

• I definitely see Micaya and Logan Eggleston prospering in NT gym. Im not really sure how best to utilized Fitz. Looking at her possible competition for both MB and Opp positions shes not going to be anywhere near the top. Tricky spot to be in for an athlete like her.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8anajWlfOq/

Per Erin Virtue's instagram it looks like a couple of the girl are back in the gym. Larson, Adams , H.Tapp, Drews and Dixon and someone named Olson(?). No Akinradewo, Alhassan or Lake in sight.

• 021120WNT800x500.jpg?la=en&hash=F58871CA131EDCEA4E8A159854D6D8D3A400DFD7

213-Athletes-Taking-Part-in-Womens-Open-Tryout

That's 70 outside hitters, 46 liberos, 37 middles, 37 setters and 23 opposites. It seems like were finally taking this libero business seriously. Im not terribly familiar with a lot of the attendees and theres not a lot of big names out of the 213 participants.

Some interesting names attending the tryouts

•Libero

Lauren Barnes

Riley Fischer

Brooke Nuneviller

• Opposite

Holly Carlton

Kenzie Koeber

• Outside Hitter
    Dani Drews

Paige Hammons

Kendall Kipp

Mac May

• I wish Hollan Hans will continue playing volleyball. She should be the next all around OH that USA needs in 2024.

And why are they using Molten Balls in that tryout not Mikasa?

Wait, Is she not planning on continuing with the sport?

Just to be clear that pic was from last years tryouts. The ball choice, Im assuming has to do with the fact that molten is a corporate partner and next to addidas their biggest sponsor. Im sure Mikasa would be at play for senior NT OG/VNL practices.

• USA - Japan Exibition021420WNT800x500.jpg?la=en&hash=2EFAC0B6454194EFA135D02F5D2E2C4AF1211BA7

• Kara Bajema (OH, University of Washington, 0, 6-2, Lynden, Washington)

• Brionne Butler (M, University of Texas, 2, 6-4, Kendleton, Texas)

• Dani Drews (OH, University of Utah, 1, 6-0, Sandy, Utah)

• Logan Eggleston (OH, University of Texas, 2, 6-2, Brentwood, Tennessee)

• Skylar Fields (OPP, University of Texas, 3, 6-2, Missouri City, Texas)

• Danielle Hart (M, University of Wisconsin, 2, 6-4, Virginia Beach, Virginia)

• Morgan Hentz (L, Stanford University, 0, 5-9, Lakeside Park, Kentucky)

• Sydney Hilley (S, University of Wisconsin, 1, 6-0, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota)

• Kaitlyn Hord (M, Penn State University, 2, 6-4, Lexington, Kentucky)

• Kenzie Koerber (OPP, University of Utah, 1, 6-3, Chino Hills, California)

• Hana Lishman (L, Pepperdine University, 0, 5-8, Kailua, Hawaii)

• Mac May (OH, UCLA, 1, 6-3, Dubuque, Iowa)

• Erin Olson (S, UCF, 0, 5-9, Cary, Illinois)

• Ella May Powell (S, University of Washington, 2, 6-0, Fayetteville, Arkansas)

• Stephanie Samedy (OPP, University of Minnesota, 1, 6-2, Clermont, Florida)

• Alli Stumler (OH, University of Kentucky, 2, 6-1, Floyds Knobs, Indiana)

...and there you have it. Morgan Hentz is officially going to be in the gym training with some of the USA senior national team and the Japanese National team. This is a really good group of athletes.

• Wait, Is she not planning on continuing with the sport?

Just to be clear that pic was from last years tryouts. The ball choice, Im assuming has to do with the fact that molten is a corporate partner and next to addidas their biggest sponsor. Im sure Mikasa would be at play for senior NT OG/VNL practices.

I figured that out myself as number 87 is Jordan Thomson lol

I believe it is too late for 2020, i don’t think Kiraly would believe in a name, inexperienced name at this time.

• No Kenzie Maloney?:(:/

Yeah, thats weird but she was definitely in Anaheim with USA swag per her previous insta stories.

Why is Dana Rettke not included in this lineup?

Hilley is there, so I don't know why Rettke isn't.

Im guessing its because Rettke is a listed member of the senior National team roster already...she might join them later along with Lake and other invitees after the tryouts

• So I was watching this week's episode of Project Runway and the preview for next week showed it's gonna feature a bunch of Olympic athletes and one of them is Akinradewo! Not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but I was surprised to see her on the runway lol