• I guess the immediate replacements after KJH and JL are Plummer and Foecke. I just hope the pipeline gets more exposure and then pro experience to keep up with the eventual losses.

Names that also come to mind are Lindsey Vander Weide (playing for Nantes, FRA) and McKenzie Adams (playing for SSC, GER).

• Interesting...during Annie Drews' Instagram live in FIVB page, she said that one of her main goals is to be on an Olympic roster for USA as an Outside Hitter. Really speaks volumes on how she wants to reach her peak and her work ethics.

• Interesting...during Annie Drews' Instagram live in FIVB page, she said that one of her main goals is to be on an Olympic roster for USA as an Outside Hitter. Really speaks volumes on how she wants to reach her peak and her work ethics.

she can receive? I had no idea :what:

• obviously sis.

To torture Karch Kiraly for trying to force her into the libero position .

hqdefault.jpg

Hahahaha

anyway, if any of ya'll want to listen to her and where she said it, go to fivb's instagram. The live is still there but I think only until 3 more hours. She said it a little bit halfway through during the question: As an athlete what are your main goals?

• I wonder if she actually meant to say "outside" instead of "opposite". Like... you're already the team main OPP, you're going to Tokyo no matter what lmao

• I wonder if she actually meant to say "outside" instead of "opposite". Like... you're already the team main OPP, you're going to Tokyo no matter what lmao

She did talk earlier on the vid about wanting to train on her passing more so I think she's talking about when Paris comes. We'll see more in the future, I guess.

• This is a bit nonsense from her considering she is the current main OPP in the US NT and she plays as OPP in the clubs (winning titles and MVP awards in both club and NT)... I mean...weird...

• This is a bit nonsense from her considering she is the current main OPP in the US NT and she plays as OPP in the clubs (winning titles and MVP awards in both club and NT)... I mean...weird...

Maybe she thinks she can contribute more in the Paris quad as an OH? Lol. Personally I'd want to see her do it because she seems to be invested and serious in doing it. She's not the one to troll with anyone especially in an FIVB page right? haha

Although another way to interpret it is: she wants to be able to become more well-rounded in her game and push herself into becoming a passing option and have a better attack from zone 4. TBH she does struggle in that zone hence the marathon to 2 when it's ROT1.

• Maybe she thinks she can contribute more in the Paris quad as an OH? Lol. Personally I'd want to see her do it because she seems to be invested and serious in doing it. She's not the one to troll with anyone especially in an FIVB page right? haha

Although another way to interpret it is: she wants to be able to become more well-rounded in her game and push herself into becoming a passing option and have a better attack from zone 4. TBH she does struggle in that zone hence the marathon to 2 when it's ROT1.

she's gonna have to work extra hard because spiking from zone 4 as a lefty seems to be very tricky. if she really wants to be an OH at this point in time, I admire her hustle tbh.

• USA NEEDS OPP more than ever, and both Drews and Thompson wants to become OHs :sos:

• I watched it live yesterday and im pretty sure the OH thing was a responsed to the "If your not an Opp what position would you want to play as" question. She said most hitters would probably say a setter but she said they carry a heavy resposibility and that might break her and then she said OH but she NEEDS to be better at receiving. She said she admires those types of players and advices young vb players to not focus on just the hitting part.

When asked about the OG and her goals...she believes she set herself up in a good position to be considered but her personal goal is to reach her peak because she is capable of a lot more.

She considered leaving vb after her first pro season and didnt really think shes going anywhere but then Karch called and invited her to the NT. She was 23 when she finally commits to it 100%. Later than most she said.

Someone asked how its like playing for Karch and before she answered she took a long swing of her tea. Lol...but she was very complementary and seem to genuinely like him. He stresses the importance of family she said and urge them not to miss too many important moments.

• No no no she mentioned that verbatim to a question:

Q: If you were not an opposite which position would you play?

Drews: *sips tea* I would say, I would love to be an outside. Most people I hear say like setter. I think being a setter is just, it just takes a different breed of human. It's so much responsibility and strategy and I think that would stress me out a little bit. But I don't know, If you've ever tried to pass - if you're not a passer, stand back there and have your friends serve at you and it is so hard. It looks easy, it's not. So I would say I'd still want to be a hitter, I'd love to be an outside, maybe a lefty outside. That would be pretty fun and then, yeah I would love to learn more on how to pass. I commend passers.

Q: As an athlete what are your main goals?

Drews: I think if you would have asked me the first two years of this quad, it would have been to get on the Olympic roster. And I think now, just seeing what I think I'm capable of, and like what I still think I have in me physically and mentally to achieve, I think it's just the pursuit of finding that peak of my game and getting there. I want to play until I peak and just see what that looks like for me and I don't think I'm there yet. And I think if I make that my pursuit, I think things like making an Olympic roster being the Outside for Team USA is definitely achievable. I just need to focus on me and my work - my body of work. And then from there, I think those things can definitely happen. But I think that's the thing - it's just constantly reaching toward my peak of excellence and doing everything I can to get there in the next one.

--

Ya'll really have me transcribing the whole answer lol.

• I have the virus (mild case, Im ok) and im going by my shitty memory but I stand corrected. Good for her if she envisions that for herself. Shes very likable and positive. They need to do more of this things. Rach and Jordan did one for the uswnt if anyone else is interested. That was nice too.