• Not trying to be rude here, but in American volleyball terms, people use the “opposite” and “outside” words interchangeably... I often hear opposites refereed to as outsides in America. I HIGHLY doubt Annie would change her position to outside just as she’s scratching the surface as an opposite.

• Not trying to be rude here, but in American volleyball terms, people use the “opposite” and “outside” words interchangeably... I often hear opposites refereed to as outsides in America. I HIGHLY doubt Annie would change her position to outside just as she’s scratching the surface as an opposite.

Thanks for that info! Learned that just now, highly likely that's what she's meant.

Taken in context of everything werka transcribed it looks to me like she used it interchangeably. Could go either way, though. She's building a goals ladder.

But she says "the outside" ... I'm sticking with "the OP" :/ because it's "definitely achievable".

• nobody says OPP when they mean an OH... in some instances, people lump OPP and OH as "wings"... but it's weird to say OPP for someone that hits on 4 and receives serve.

btw, not many lefty OH ... i can only think of gracia (CUB) and tirozzi (ITA)...

• nobody says OPP when they mean an OH... in some instances, people lump OPP and OH as "wings"... but it's weird to say OPP for someone that hits on 4 and receives serve.

btw, not many lefty OH ... i can only think of gracia (CUB) and tirozzi (ITA)...

Balkestein

• Dani Drews playing for Utah in NCAA and possible future oustide hitter for USA national team is also left handed.

• is she related to annie?

what i should have said above was, "the only ones i can think of right now..."

as i asked here in another forum before, most lefty attackers seem to be pushed to train as OPP, not MB or OH...

yea it's way more common for them to be pushed towards the Opp spot that's true, the lefty OHs are only a handful, don't even mind the MBs. Just a couple come to mind, like the Kenyan one.

• is she related to annie?

what i should have said above was, "the only ones i can think of right now..."

as i asked here in another forum before, most lefty attackers seem to be pushed to train as OPP, not MB or OH...

Searched about her and found this:

*Formerly was Dani Barton, but got married over the summer and is now Dani Drews.

She's so small, only 6'0"

• She indeed isn't related to Annie.

She is a really nice player to watch. She has decent reception and is a really smart hitter!

• Robinson - 6'2"

Larson - 6'2"
    Bartsch - 6'3"

Foecke - 6'3"

Hill - 6'4"

Plummer - 6'6"

If she's a high leaper, good passer and a very physical player, she can compensate her lack of height with that. It's just more difficult if she's defending in front against some of the world's big oppos.

• This is a nice match to watch her, if someone is interested:)

She is number 1 in the red jersey. They are playing against Stanford of Plummer and other possible future playerd for USA NT.

• Simone Lee and Courtney are both in the "short" side too at 6'1" but they got mad hops. I like Dani, she has great volleyball IQ but lets be real tho if she makes the A-squad they'll inevitably try her at the libero position. But with JWO, Hentz, Maloney and White her chances to be the "new" Courtney for the next squad might be slim.