2020 / 2021 Transfer News (Female)

• It's not like Tugba was bad, they ended the season 5th Idk if we're forgetting, yes it was a very weak year of VVSL but still.

After they lost their main sponsor, most of us thought they'd be another BEVI, but they managed to give Derya, Alexia and Buket another oppurtunity to play a whole season as starter, I don't think people can always become great after just 1 season together.

Lana Scuka is not half as bad as people here think and btw she is another young player. Jennifer Cross is not a bad MB either, though I was hoping they could keep Koolhaas.

I also loved to see Yesilyurt transfer 2 young MBs that did well in the U categories. I can't ask more from them tbh.

Derya should also just practice reception more, no one can cover for her the way she played, but it's not all hopeless, look at Hande.

• Lana Scuka is not half as bad as people here think and btw she is another young player. Jennifer Cross is not a bad MB either, though I was hoping they could keep Koolhaas.

TBH i dont know what people think about Lana Scuka on this forum and how they descirbe her in the past, so i dont know what the first sentence from this part mean exactly, but IMO she is just average and sometimes even worse than that, i follow her since her starts in Slovenian league (truly in first season in which i watch her she was very good, actually i think that she was MVP of that season), but after that her season in Italy and again in Slovenia, she simply drowned, she had a potential but now she have 24 and she is IMO worse than she was with 19,20 years. Last season in Pomi she was bad, she wasn't starter but when she have a chance don't show anything special. She is better receiver than spiker but even in receiving she isn't stable. I don't like this transfer, they could enlist some young, "unestablished" talented player.

• TBH i dont know what people think about Lana Scuka on this forum and how they descirbe her in the past, so i dont know what the first sentence from this part mean exactly, but IMO she is just average and sometimes even worse than that, i follow her since her starts in Slovenian league (truly in first season in which i watch her she was very good, actually i think that she was MVP of that season), but after that her season in Italy and again in Slovenia, she simply drowned, she had a potential but now she have 24 and she is IMO worse than she was with 19,20 years. Last season in Pomi she was bad, she wasn't starter but when she have a chance don't show anything special. She is better receiver than spiker but even in receiving she isn't stable. I don't like this transfer, they could enlist some young, "unestablished" talented player.

Definitely agree! I've thought she would be a big shot when I first watched her in u tournaments but then she turned out another promising youngster that ended up being average player.

I wasn't happy with her reception but as you mentioned, her attacking is worse.

I think Yeşilyurt overachieved last season with a nicely built roster with Vakifbank backup players. Keeping half of their roster is nice move, they are young and another year playing together will make a difference to them. But adding Scuka who is neither very experimental nor talented youngster, is not a good move from Yeşilyurt.

Koolhaas was the most important player in their roster, I wish they would have kept her instead

• TBH i dont know what people think about Lana Scuka on this forum and how they descirbe her in the past, so i dont know what the first sentence from this part mean exactly, but IMO she is just average and sometimes even worse than that, i follow her since her starts in Slovenian league (truly in first season in which i watch her she was very good, actually i think that she was MVP of that season), but after that her season in Italy and again in Slovenia, she simply drowned, she had a potential but now she have 24 and she is IMO worse than she was with 19,20 years. Last season in Pomi she was bad, she wasn't starter but when she have a chance don't show anything special. She is better receiver than spiker but even in receiving she isn't stable. I don't like this transfer, they could enlist some young, "unestablished" talented player.

I agree I can see that, personally I did like her in GEN-I, there is just a big lack of 'defensive' OHs everywhere but I agree on picking some unestablished player instead. I guess they will rely mostly on Alexia and Derya for offense.

• I hope to see her as MB, she looked really fit for it from the vids I have seen.

My personal ideal line-up would here be:

Arelya Karasoy - D. Boskovic (Matea Ikic as rOpp -Gorrel)

Annie Mitchem - Hümay Topaloglu (Ikic-Gorrel)

Torri Gorrel - Sabriye Gönülkirmaz (Çepni)

Dilek Kinik

They have quite a wide roster here for sure with so many different ways to play, this can both be an advantage and disadvantage depending on them. It wil definitely be interesting to see what this team can do.

• Still hoping to see Queen KYK in Italy :heart: and to bad that She is gone play in Korea :/.

• Nicole Koolhaas officially in Perugia next season.

She wanted to stay in Turkey, but she didn't got an offer because of the many uncertainties in Turkey due to Corona.

I'm excited to see her play in Italy next season:)

https://www.volleybalkrant.nl/…-naar-italiaanse-perugia/

• Britt Herbots officially in Novara next season. Can't wait to watch them, they have such a nice roster!:cheesy:

https://www.facebook.com/50028…1/posts/3423211021041248/