2020 / 2021 Transfer News (Female)

• there was a video of her speaking in Portuguese, Is it an easy language to learn?

I don’t know Portuguese so I don’t know if she was fluent or not.

It's not. It's really hard actually (in my opinion), especially because of conjugation of verbs.

Hooker never learned Portuguese and she played in Brazil for 3 years.

However Dobriana came to Brazil already knowing how to speak a little bit and I'm sure she improved because she seemed to really want to learn. I didn't see Polina speaking so I don't know if she is fluent or not.

• It's not. It's really hard actually (in my opinion), especially because of conjugation of verbs.

Hooker never learned Portuguese and she played in Brazil for 3 years.

However Dobriana came to Brazil already knowing how to speak a little bit and I'm sure she improved because she seemed to really want to learn. I didn't see Polina speaking so I don't know if she is fluent or not.

Hooker actually speaks the language. She posts in Portuguese in her Instagram and answers comments in the same language. There are also videos of her speaking during match interviews and such.

• Marina Maryukhnich (RUS, MB) is staying in Dinamo Kazan.

• Hooker actually speaks the language. She posts in Portuguese in her Instagram and answers comments in the same language. There are also videos of her speaking during match interviews and such.

I've never seen any of these videos. Her posts are awful and google-translated with several amateur errors, it's very easy to realize that being a Brazilian. Dobriana's posts are much better and she actually did a live yesterday in which she spoke Portuguese very well. PS: I'm not comparing the two of them, just commenting.

• Well American players have proved times and again they don't put too much effort in learning the language of the country they play in.. It's obviously not shade, and there are exceptions like Logan, who speaks perfect Italian and Portuguese..

Logan does speak Portuguese indeed. She played in Brazil in early 2000s and probably learned at that time, but I think she lost it (forgot most of it) by the time she came back (in 2012). She refused to speak in Portuguese everytime she was interviewed during that season.

• Well American players have proved times and again they don't put too much effort in learning the language of the country they play in.. It's obviously not shade, and there are exceptions like Logan, who speaks perfect Italian and Portuguese..

Well Kim Hill has pretty good Italian. So do Karsta and Haleigh. Chiaka also tried learning the language.

• Lauren Carlini confirms she will be playing in Turkey with THY.

Curious which foreign setter will sign with Eczacibasi now?:/

• Ok, so this is still a rumor. I asked because I thought she or the club had said something. Thanks.

it is still a rumor! i agree. even in some instagram volei accounts, shiela is also being cast as second opposite of tandara in osasco. even tandara is not yet confirmed. but maybe they will release it until the end of May!

• Thompson to Vitra is a done deal?

nope it is still a rumour. there is a separate thread for this. please go there.

vitra is looking for outside hitters, a setter, middle blockers

setter - gamze

opp - boskovic

libero - akoz

mb - guveli

outside hitter - baladin

• Ana Cleger one more season in Lokomotiv Kalinigrad.