Japan Women’s NT 2020

• Nagaoka's Tokyo Sports documentary that aired tonight (Japan time) made a new record of highest viewer rating of an athlete 19.6% . It bumped off a male figure skater who won something the other day.

Lots of painful moments and Miyu crying over and over and over again omg. She was ready to retire after the 2nd ACL surgery. Kimura and Sakoda visited her a lot

Jesus...

Why is she naked though? I mean not naked but why does she need to take her top off too when the surgery's focus is on her left knee? I've seen basketball players show their acl surgery process and they're totally covered up except the leg part

• Jesus...

Why is she naked though? I mean not naked but why does she need to take her top off too when the surgery's focus is on her left knee? I've seen basketball players show their acl surgery process and they're totally covered up except the leg part

probably for convenience sake? so the surgeons can attach/detach the ECG on her chest? i don't know tbh.

• just saw this HL video of the young Japanese hapa player, Merisa Valdes...interesting player.

She's got jump but she's like Brankica :) When her team isn't winning she pouts and disconnects from her team mates. Higashi Kyushu Ryukoku girls crushed her in the Finals last year. [25–16, 25–15, 25–22] I enjoyed that because Merisa's team eliminated the team I was rooting for in the Semis :(

• So is it only me or is koga starting to look promising again?

It's not only you.

• So is it only me or is koga starting to look promising again?

I tried to find (unsuccessfully) the article where the new GM (I believe), talked about his high priority during the downtime of getting Sarina out of her own head. He wanted to shove her into the public and make her grow socially (albeit a little virtually at this time). Sarina is the one who replied when asked about a memorable match in her volleyball life: "Every match of every season is a memory". She's the one who her team mates look to for intel on opponents' weaknesses. In other words she's a volleyball nerd. Get past it girl, play the game, find the joy once again. I think it worked.

• Kimura's new article for Yahoo News

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/bylin…kayuko/20201207-00211356/

She mentions Shinnabe's retirement, Miyashita's toss that helped her and Araki's huge responsibility next year as Hinotori captain

She says she tries to watch the games whenever she can and wants to do one of those food trucks in front of the venues. She's also being modest about her popularity in Japan but feels sorry for the new generation of girls who will be compared to her lol

It's an interesting read on her personal life. She's also still weirded out about the whole youtuber thing but her husband is really into it and convinced her to open one.

Yuko Tanaka, the one who interviewed her, said Saori should've made the title 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' but Saori went with "A Free-Spirited Life Traveler" to be more poetic

• Just I was watching some olds news of her in vakif and in gala

I don't see all matches but in vakif she was bench right?

At least the games I saw she was at bench

And in gala she was starter but she didn't show a level like i was used to

What happened to her?

Like I said i only see few matches,ehat was her performance of her in turkey?

• I didn't know she opened a yt channel. I wanna check that out. Is it anything like Kim Yeong Koung's Bread Unnie?

Are there any players being compared to her? I don't think Kurogo and Mayu Ishikawa have the 2Saori vibe. Mayu's comparison is more with her brother.

• I don't really know I was 12 at the time she played for Vakifbank. That was way before I started following volleyball

• I didn't know she opened a yt channel. I wanna check that out. Is it anything like Kim Yeong Koung's Bread Unnie?

Are there any players being compared to her? I don't think Kurogo and Mayu Ishikawa have the 2Saori vibe. Mayu's comparison is more with her brother.

Her youtube is nothing like Bread Unnie. For one thing, it's mostly about food and trendy stuff and it's a joint channel with her husband

Saori & J Style

latest video

• latest video

Pabst Blue Ribbon? I don't have the wherewithal to determine if that's camp