Japan Women’s NT 2020

• Reasoning for Japan hosting, easy to get to (relatively), lots of cities with appropriate sized arenas (some are dated but in the size), good transportation system between cities, good hotels in those cities. Willing TV stations (Fuji and TBS) and sponsor money.

TBS has the rights to the World Championships when Japan hosts them (and even overseas in 2014), so no vabo-chan, but Volleyboo. Where as Fuji had both the World Cup and Grand Champions Cup.

Fuji is invested in the Haruko national high school tournament, so it make sense for them to promote national team after they are high school stars. Fuji also now has invested in a new volleyball anime project "2.43".

• Fuji is invested in the Haruko national high school tournament, so it make sense for them to promote national team after they are high school stars. Fuji also now has invested in a new volleyball anime project "2.43".

I had no idea there was another one. I know Shonen Jump is in theory directed at boys and (mostly? I don't know) features mangas with male protagonists, but come on, someone write and publish the female equivalent to Haikyuu already.

• I had no idea there was another one. I know Shonen Jump is in theory directed at boys and (mostly? I don't know) features mangas with male protagonists, but come on, someone write and publish the female equivalent to Haikyuu already.

There are others in the past. Attacker You! which the Italian women did before the 2018 World champs.

My article in 2018.

• Nagaoka's impact even though she won't be participating (most likely)

Where did that come from?

• Didn't realize Nagaoka was still popular, I figured Ishikawa or Kurogo would've got the most votes from Japan.

Ishii is by far the current most popular female volleyball player in Japan. Her face is practically in every 2019 World Cup and Tokyo 2020 Olympics promotional material released. Annoying although not surprising.

But nobody really knows Ishii or Kurogo and Ishikawa is just rising. Nagaoka's return probably triggered everyone to vote for who they're familiar with

• I want to know from what planet that poll came

Google: "VNL Volleyball Nations League FIVB Most Anticipated Female Volleyball players", nada

Reverse image search, nada (thinks it's a screenshot)

Google "vnlqueens" (the filename of the image), nada

sean1 lol on the nagaokagawa sisters. I removed it

• Yeah, when the 1st and the 10th differ by only 5%... it's hard to imagine that

• Yeah, when the 1st and the 10th differ by only 5%... it's hard to imagine that

yeah

Phoenix are you punkin' us :rolll:

• I got that from voleybolplus on twitter and a bunch of other fanpages posted it as well but I don't even have the app installed

Cool. It appears that this voting was done on a FIVB mobile app, but there doesn't appear to be an FIVB app for Apple OS that I can find. I guess only Android

• It is called Volleyball World

I searched for that too. Nothing came up

• I have the app on my phone, but no data inside of it. I downloaded around beginning of VNL, so 2018???

I wonder if it is related to Volleyball World not being available in the US