COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

• Almost 6000 infected now and 132 confirmed deaths. Many professionals have stated the actual number could be much higher, up to 100 thousand infected.

I hope all our forum members in China are ok, as well as the Chinese volleyball players from the NT and League. Wuhan is a pretty big city and is on lockdown now and it seems the rest of China could follow as countries are limiting planes coming from and to China to some completely stopping or others like Mongolia closing the borders. Basically the majority of Eastern Asia is infected now and it even spread to Europe and North America.

Could this effect Tokyo 2020? I started this thread also in hopes some Chinese users could give us inside information and for everyone in general to discuss it.

• If there are 100 000 infected people with corona virus, the mortality rate shouldn't be as bad as it once was feared. It's just more communicable than SARS but not as lethal.

Well, i just hope I am right and my optimism doesn't bite back and hard. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• If there are 100 000 infected people with corona virus, the mortality rate shouldn't be as bad as it once was feared. It's just more communicable than SARS but not as lethal.

Well, i just hope I am right and my optimism doesn't bite back and hard. :whistle:

Well, if we can expect the infected amount to be wrong. Who says we can trust the death rate either at that point...?

Let's hope you're right though. Surely, it isn't the deadliest of viruses but still.

• The problem with this virus is that it's contagious during the incubation period(2-14 days). You might be infected and give it to other people when you feel healthy. We need more time to achieve correct numbers. Good thing is that mortality rate is lower than SARS but getting a proper healthcare(no cure for virus itself, symptomatic treatment) might be problem for large population.

• According to news reports, apparently Australia is the first country outside of China that were able to recreate the virus in an effort to find a vaccine.

• According to news reports, apparently Australia is the first country outside of China that were able to recreate the virus in an effort to find a vaccine.

I saw this as well *fingers crossed* earlier it was reported it could take at least a year, let's hope those claims will turn out false.

• Chinese Male Superleague 2019/2020 has been delayed and according to the rumor from Martinez Gions Ramon, it may be cancelled.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Italy's Lombardy quarantine plans leaked to the public. It's really a damn mess right now as the people who were supposed to be in quarantine escaped to other regions before the lockdown happened.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Italy's Lombardy quarantine plans leaked to the public. It's really a damn mess right now as the people who were supposed to be in quarantine escaped to other regions before the lockdown happened.

I don't know about other countries but I checked the website for the airport in my region and a flight arrived from Milan as scheduled this noon.Similar to others from both Milan and Venice yesterday.

• :O

Edit: I changed the thread name btw from Coronavirus in Wuhan, China ---> COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

It makes more sense at this time.

• Altinli

Changed the title of the thread from “Coronavirus in Wuhan, China” to “COVID-19 (Coronavirus)”.