COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

• Paulo Dybala is infected according to this: https://twitter.com/Conflits_FR/status/1238226488824037385

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta as well. Football will follow the other sports eventually.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51865442

FIS alpine skiing World Cup has been brought to an early end.

https://www.fis-ski.com/en/alp…aces-in-are-swe-cancelled

The NHL has joined the NBA in pausing the season.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-coronavirus-status/c-316155530

Many tennis events cancelled too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/51841130

• Have you seen what happened yesterday in Paris?

I can't count how many people were outside the stadium for the Champions League game of Paris Saint Germain (played without audience). In the meantime the virus was probably spreading effortlessly among these people What's the point of playing behind closed doors? :gone:

• ironically, he made fun of the virus a few days ago. He didn’t think it was a big deal and Touched all the microphones deliberately during a press conference. Lmao

Talented and dumb:aww: valid for many professional sportmen/sportwomen

• What do you guys think about the reason why Germany have so little death rate compared to other countries with similar infection numbers such as Spain, France or USA 🤔

• Other countries in Europe have reported several deaths – why have there been fewer in Germany?

There could be several reasons for this.

Of the confirmed coronavirus cases across Germany, so far most of the identified infections are said to be mild. This could go some way to explain why there have been fewer fatalities so far in Germany.

Most people have mild cold symptoms with shivering and a sore throat, or no symptoms at all. A total of 15 out of every 100 infected people fall seriously ill, according to the Robert Koch Institute.

On Monday Health Minister Jens Spahn said during a press conference that about 80 percent of the infections recorded in Germany have been mild.

That means that in Germany it's been less common for the infection to take a severe course, causing pneumonia in patients.

Of course, in such cases, intensive medical treatment is necessary, said Spahn.

That's why authorities say it is so important that a sufficient number of intensive care beds are available in Germany and that artificial ventilation is there for those who need it.

Earlier this week, Christian Drosten, virologist at the Charité Berlin, put forward two reasons as to why the death rate in Germany was low.

Firstly, he said, the situation in Germany was quickly picked up on. Secondly, he said: "Germany is in the lead as far as diagnostics are concerned."

This is mainly due to the fact that established, widespread laboratories can diagnose the virus. That's why he said Germany has a "lead" on other countries.

Drosten previously told German daily Watson that there were structural reasons on the low fatality rate, mainly because tests have been available through Germany’s statutory healthcare since January.

He said: “Our laboratories are technically very well equipped, our regulations for the introduction of new test procedures are very flexible and our statutory health insurance association already introduced a code for these tests in January, which means that (insurers) are financially supported."

It should also be noted that many of those who've been infected have been in younger age groups – people returning from holidays and working age people.

Coronavirus tends to hit elderly people and those with underlying health conditions harder.

However, the high numbers of infections would suggest that efforts to contain the virus haven't been completely successful despite fewer fatalities than other countries.

thelocal.de

• That map is no longer valid for Serbia, where the latest number of confirmed cases is 31.

• This might be one of the rare times I’m happy with what Turkish government did. They took all the necessary actions quickly, especially shutting down schools and universities, though they were a bit late with stopping flights to Italy, Iran and China. I think the numbers of corona infected people might be correct from Turkey. Despite looking careless most of the time, Turkish people tend to over panic and over do things in times of chaos like now and news and tweets report that people actually follow health guidelines properly, staying away from each other, staying away from those who sneeze, washing hands regularly. It is also not surprising that Turkey is one of the top countries when it comes to washing hands after bathroom, far over most European countries.

I’m now on vacation in Gran Canaria, there are like 7 active cases here and 5 of these are Italian tourists. So I am unfortunately not convinced by Italians taking this seriously...also there are few people coughing here and surprisingly they speak Italian. Not to be mean but will they finally cancel touristic trips from Italy to anywhere and tell them to stay at home???

• oh forgot to write. Kolonya, a high alcohol liquid is a common thing in most Turkish households, probably everyone has 3 bottles of it anyway and it’s offered to your guests when they come to your home to sanitise their hands. Probably another explanation why things are still not crazy in Turkey 😬

• I think this alcohol liquid is common everywhere

Some info about the origin of the word 🤓

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eau_de_Cologne

No this is different, it is more like parfüm and it is never used as sanitizer but kolonya actually is used as sanitizer. I think it's only name resemblance

• No this is different, it is more like parfüm and it is never used as sanitizer but kolonya actually is used as sanitizer. I think it's only name resemblance

serdar is right, you don’t use Kolonya as perfume unless you are an old man who likes to smell like Lavender 😂 it’s a common sanitizer, I use it even in Sweden like multiple times daily 🤭