COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

• You can't blame people with this. Situation in Spain escalated extremely fast. When someone makes a 2 weeks trip for holidays, the situation at day-1 till day 14 could be extremely different. A lot of friends of mine also went to Spain for holidays 2 weeks ago and they have been stuck there since things got out of hand unexpectedly fast there. It wasn't something to be foreseen 2 weeks ago

I do not not agree with you. It was pretty much predictable, it was just about to happen.

I am not going to argue with you over this, I was very clear in mu post when I said people went on with their lives as if nothing happened and it made the situation worse. Taking a vacation is going on with your life.

• Of course it is easy to say it now when things escalated already

• Of course it is easy to say it now when things escalated already

did you read my post or you read but didn’t understand it? I canceled my own vacation which I was supposed to take last week, I canceled it four weeks ago when it was not escalated like this. It doesn’t sound like I am just throwing judgements.

• And there was already a country (China) which was an example of the exponential growth. Also the crowds in Thessaloniki, wtf.

Nobody expected that this would go global. Previously other infections like Zika emerged but those stayed local. Thus you can't expect people cancel their holidays anytime there's a virus infection emerges somewhere in the world. This Coronavirus situation is unique because it escalated extremely fast to a global level. Or course people couldn't foresee this coming

• Nobody expected that this would go global. Previously other infections like Zika emerged but those stayed local. Thus you can't expect people cancel their holidays anytime there's a virus infection emerges somewhere in the world. This Coronavirus situation is unique because it escalated extremely fast to a global level. Or course people couldn't foresee this coming

Actually it's quite the opposite. Everybody knew it's one of the most contagious virus ever seen, but nobody cared as long as it was just in China. It started in the end of 2019 in China and just in the beginning of march 2020 it showed up in Europe. EU, USA and so on just stayed there watching, becuase any restrictive measures would be a damage for their economy and this tells it all about how much human lifes are worth for the people in charge.

Italy learned nothing from China.

The rest of Europe learned nothing from Italy.

Eventually China is the one and only country helping Italy. People won't forget.

• I've been following everything since early January this year, this all was very predictable but 99% of world leaders couldn't be bothered at first.

There were many scientists, biologists, locals in China warning the world for days and days actually

• If it's any consolation, at least some of the countries have learned something from the plight of your country, judging by early declarations of state of emergency in some of them.

• I've been following everything since early January this year, this all was very predictable but 99% of world leaders couldn't be bothered at first.

There were many scientists, biologists, locals in China warning the world for days and days actually

Yes, that is so true. Italy is warning the US that they will be next if they don't take action. Unfortunately, I doubt that effective action would be taken.

• If it's any consolation, at least some of the countries have learned something from the plight of your country, judging by early declarations of state of emergency in some of them.

I think Serbia declared emergency today

• Definitely disagree. Many European countries(even the ones don't have any death or many infections yet) are either declaring state of emergency or making serious steps to prevent the spread of virus. Governments are taking important steps since things got to a global level.

You can't expect governments to make impulsive decisions. Many aspects of this epidemic should be considered, including economic dimension. A lot or people lost their job or will soon loose it due to measures taken recently. I'm not saying this measures shouldn't be done but please be aware of that the timing and extent of these measures were taken considering the economical outcomes for each country and this is not something you can avoid.

• I may be too harsh, I know, but still I think Covid-19 was underestimated.

It must be the quarantine. I'm so damn tired right now. I feel so bored that I'm exhausted. I completely lost the sense of time and space in my life. My zone isn't in such bad situation as elsewhere, but my sense of duty tells me to stay home, no matter what. It's been weeks since I went out the last time. I can't turn on the TV because coronavirus is everywhere and it just make me feel more sick about it. Almost all TV shows were cancelled. Even Big Brother VIP is closing. There's no trace of normality.

Do you remember Harry, Ron and Hermione listening to the radio in HP and the Deathly Hallows? I feel just like Hermione in this scene:

I'm so damn tired. :sleeping:

• OMG :love::love::love:  QPL I love u for sharing that, it lowkey was the best scene (of an already amazing series)

I was kinda rooting for Harry and Hermione here XD Their chemistry is next level idc what anyone says, Ginny and Ron could never.

Also that all was off-topic but feeling like Hermione in that moment is no good, keep the faith! <3 It was a sad but hopefull scene, remember there is always hope.

• Turkey will close bars, cafes, gyms etc. preying at the mosques is also canceled. Confirmed cases are 18 at the moment but ministry of health said there are new cases today and it will be announced tonight.

there are a lot of rumors but they are either without a source or from an unreliable source so I chose not to believe everything I hear or read.