COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

• Everyone thinks it won't affect them until it does.... Virus doesn't need passport or visa.

• company has us working from home, we are a manufacturer and have people in the plant. Now working from home for a week.

I used to work from home in my past work, so not an issue. However in the past I could go to the gym in the middle of the day. Now not so much. I did go for a lap walk of the street today, which was great but maybe at most 10 minutes and still kept my distance from others not that there many out.

• Many people in Serbia also initially didn't take it too seriously, but government then started closing one thing after another, and introducing and then extending police hour/curfew, which is now half a day (from 17h until 5h), which forced people to take it more seriously.

Also, yaay for being back!:flower:

• I thought you were happy with government's measures based on your previous posts🤔

I don't think only reason is ignorance of citizens. A lot of people in Turkey work without insurance, they can't get unemployment money (which is not much anyways) thus they have to go to work. Most people can't afford to stay home unfortunately

• Yes Beri was the first one who said that She is happy how is Turkey doing with Corona

And yesterday they got 1.5k news cases, today 2k or even more ;(

They should put Istanbul in quarantine or they will be next Italy or Spain...

• Many people in Serbia also initially didn't take it too seriously, but government then started closing one thing after another, and introducing and then extending police hour/curfew, which is now half a day (from 17h until 5h), which forced people to take it more seriously.

Also, yaay for being back!:flower:

she never left this forum lingran198 is her second acc:flower:

• she never left this forum lingran198 is her second acc:flower:

I don't think so.

• UK PM Boris Johnson tested positive!

Yes, and Prince Charles as well (next in line to become king).

I can’t stand Johnson to be honest. Funny how these people were tested so quickly with very mild symptoms while we apparently don’t have the resources to test our health service staff. It’s almost as if the rich and powerful take priority in this country. :/

• Yes, and Prince Charles as well (next in line to become king).

I can’t stand Johnson to be honest. Funny how these people were tested so quickly with very mild symptoms while we apparently don’t have the resources to test our health service staff. It’s almost as if the rich and powerful take priority in this country. :/

Somethint new in this the World of money ??

• Turkish numbers are wrong. I think countries should show % of positive cases out of number of tests, because 2500 cases in Turkey and Sweden are out of maybe 20000 tests done, while many other countries including US, Spain and Italy are doing enourmous number of tests. In Turkey they started to use computer scans instead of regular Covid tests to diagnose as well.

Coming back to measures, I think metropolitans in Turkey are doing well. Use of public transport decreased drastically in Istanbul, like 70-80% according to the mayor. Roads are empty. But in smaller cities, people live like nothing has changed which is mainly because there are tons of local SMEs, who will go bankruptcy if they shut down for 2 weeks. Locals are aware and therefore they pretend nothing is abnormal. I don't blame them. This is all because we have terrible governments all around the world.

If a government declared a clear list of financial actions from day 1, saying things like "all SMEs will get financial support in terms of rents, tax payments etc." or "businesses don't have to pay social security taxes of their employees during this period", noone would open their stores. At the moment, people are between two choices: (1) risk your health, open your store, get corona, die today or survive it hopefully or (2) stay at home, survive today, but go bankruptcy in a month and die from hunger in a year.

• Turkish numbers are wrong. I think countries should show % of positive cases out of number of tests, because 2500 cases in Turkey and Sweden are out of maybe 20000 tests done, while many other countries including US, Spain and Italy are doing enourmous number of tests. In Turkey they started to use computer scans instead of regular Covid tests to diagnose as well.

Turkey started to share statistics more openly.

Total tests=40290 (not 20000)

Total cases=3629

Total deaths=75

477 tests per million people

Fast diagnose test kits from China is not working well. Spain has huge problem cause of these kits. (30% efficiency). Turkey also bought these kits and tested them and got that it's not working well and kept using PCR tests and CT scanning. Spain used them without controlling, and it's huge crisis now.

PCR test is the best way but it takes long. CT scanning is first criteria for now. There are many cases that treatment starts before pcr test result, if clinical symptoms match.

• Economy will win over humans health in the next few months. If they don't find cure very fast.

It is ALL about money, no money, no anything...

• Predicitions are that USA is gone be first country to hit 100k cases, literally today with more than 15k new cases :(

• i read that the buffoon johnson’s government at first advocated the idea of letting the virus infect everyone and let the epidemic take its course, and then they could continue with life as normal. you know, let people die and save the economy. some idiot republicans in the US also believe in that. what a bunch of cretins.

• 969 deaths and 9134 cases in 24 hours in Italy. Damn. Still not peak?

God ;( This number is huge I hope this is the peak.

• You got wrong number from the new cases, it is 5.9k. I got so scared when I read 9k new cases ||