COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

• Well this ruins all the hopes for herd immunity. If you can't get immune and get re-infected, the plans to loosen lockdowns would fail

To be fair, it is a very, very small percentage of all the people infected. Something like this is not unusual for viral infections.

• And people will die because they will not have food, no jobs, no money, no nothing until We get vaccine.

How much World economy can hundle this ? Not for so long.

True, many people globally are already dying/in hunger already and are running out of food.

• for example.

In Turkey Roma families who got interviewed for not listening to the officials and going out despite calls to stay in said:

A mother:

''How can we stay inside when our kids are in hunger''

Our Minister of Social and Family politics responded to a tweet with the news with:

''DIE''

This went viral.

• Yes, this is something that world leaders need to take into consideration when deciding to shut down economies: when people lose their jobs, a portion of them go homeless or hungry (as two examples) and then a portion of them die.

The goal should be to minimize all deaths related to the outbreak, including the ones from economic measures, and not just the ones from infections. This is not an easy choice to make but if opening the economy saves more people in the long run then that's the right thing to do...

Again this is not to discount the suffering of those infected with coronavirus (I myself am symptomatic but can't get tested; it could just be a fever) but when you're a world leader making decisions you have to minimize the negative impact to the majority of people.

• Every country is different. Urban areas are severely affected than that of the Rural areas.

In economies like the west, they will suffer if they don't open their businesses in the soonest possible time. But this is not applicable in countries like mine, majority are just earning under USD 12.00 ~ 7.00 per day. The best that our Government can do is to give subsidies to those living under the poverty line.

We need to combat the virus first and foremost. If not, this may go on and on until we get the vaccine and not everyone can afford that vaccine. Death without their loved ones is just brutal. No one should experience that.

• Does Germany needs to update their numbers or they really have only 148 new cases today :white::white:

And both Spain and Italy are dropping day by day with new cases, even USA.

World is finally changing the curves. :)

Maybe it is true that Virus will slow down with warmer weather.

• There's this thing called lock-down.:roll:

100% !!! But any of them are saying that warm weather can slow it down put it doesn't mean that this will happend.

Anyway I hope at least some things will comeback at normals at Summer :)

Edit: German update number it is for real. Only 238 new cases and 4k cured :obey:

• https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I'm watching this page now it is at 353.

Yesterday they had 2.4k caes.

We already said this before, worldometers updates live for certain countries. You can look for German news sites, it is 2.5K today, sill less than the days before that but not 100, 200 or 300.

Yes COVID-19 numbers that we see today are almost always based on the numbers of the day before unless it's live.

The official numbers for today will be known tomorrow.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne…19-death-count-drops.html

'Germany reported 2537 new cases today marking the third consecutive day of decline'

• My only hope at this point is an effective and affordable treatment to Covid, so that quarantines can end and following that a vaccine which can be used in the future.

If rumours are correct, I would relate Covid to not HIV but to chickenpox virus, which also remains in your body once you have it and comes back in milder forms like herpes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varicella_zoster_virus

• 100% !!! But any of them are saying that warm weather can slow it down put it doesn't mean that this will happend.

Anyway I hope at least some things will comeback at normals at Summer :)

Edit: German update number it is for real. Only 238 new cases and 4k cured :obey:

It is not related about the warm weather, many Asian countries have pretty warm weather (Malaysia etc) also when outbreak started, it was summer in the south hemisphere (Brasil, Australia etc) so it is not about the climate, this is just the result of strict lockdown policies all over the world

• It is not related about the warm weather, many Asian countries have pretty warm weather (Malaysia etc) also when outbreak started, it was summer in the south hemisphere (Brasil, Australia etc) so it is not about the climate, this is just the result of strict lockdown policies all over the world

I'm from the Philippines, I think having a warmer, hot, humid weather lessens transmissions by indirect contact.

• In my country Malaysia the number has been quite stabilized since the government enforce Restricted Movement Order. We have quite a low number of deaths and high number of recovered cases. Our Ministry of Health has been leading the way and been doing great job at it. Our appreciation towards the healthcare workers especially the frontliners has been off the roof. It is very important to break the chain. The number of cases will definitely increase since there are thousands of stupid arrogant low life cums who went to travel abroad during the breakout since airlines have been selling cheap tickets during those times. But our healthcare system have been helping a lot of people to recovery.

• It is not related about the warm weather, many Asian countries have pretty warm weather (Malaysia etc) also when outbreak started, it was summer in the south hemisphere (Brasil, Australia etc) so it is not about the climate, this is just the result of strict lockdown policies all over the world

True but look at numbers in warmer places, more recovered and not so much cases. Australia first in the line. NZ too.