COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

• I know this topic is by its very nature entwined with politics, but any post which clearly invites passionate political fights or debates will not be tolerated.

• If you are really serious to what you are saying, why did you only remove my reply to #542 but keep #542 ? Isn't #542 enough political ?

It's not just about being political. Your post was inflammatory, which Mapuan's is not. I have no political agenda here, couldn't care less about the whole thing, but the really damaging part in all the erased posts in this thread are its inflammatory parts, and not the political discussion per se. You could try to answer his point in reasonable, calm tone, without abusive and inflammatory language, if you feel you must.

Alternatively, if members cannot stop themselves from getting dragged into hot-headed debates, we may be forced to expand the ban to any and all political topics (which would leave this thread to only statistical numbers, which we can all read from original sources, anyway), but right now, this is the line, and you'll have to respect it, like everyone else.

• Can I just say that Iran's numbers are so annoying and I can't imagine how the people living there are feeling right now with 1500 numbers and about 100 deaths being the numbers now for like months..? Who believes that... It must be so frustrating seeing the exact same numbers pop up daily for ur country. like I predicted now for like 3 weeks their numbers and was right each times tomorrows numbers will be once again 1000-2000 with something between 70-150 deaths...

They are by far not the only shady government though, what we have learned is to only rely on your own.

oh so you are an expert on Iran related matters, and all of a sudden you are caring about people living there, exactly in the same day the numbers in Turkey surpassed Iran ? how thoughtful, I'm really sorry the number of deaths in Iran is not what you were hoping to see. you can add two zero to that to make it what you want. is 500k deaths enough for you ? then let's say 500,000 deaths,

40 days ago I read in the very same thread that per some reports there are 2 million cases in Iran right now. 2 millions 40 days ago probably means 80 millions right now and 1 million deaths. good enough ? does it make you feel better (to forget your own coronavirus problem), it's always easy to talk about things you know absolutely nothing about.

also let me tell you 40 days ago people living there were also amazed how come Turkey has zero cases. absolutely zero, null, zip, nada, nil. but then I prefer to not talk about things I know nothing about, things like Turkey healthcare system.

and next time take a better look at the numbers, there were days with more than 3000 cases even though that's irrelevant as everybody knows because Iran's policy is not to test everybody (because of some obvious limitations) people with mild symptoms were always told to stay at home and therefore not being tested.

PS: this doesn't mean I trust what I hear from the Iranian government, they had a long history of not telling the truth. but I believe in what I see in daily life and if I question the numbers (which I do and I have my doubts about some parts of those statistics), that won't be just an ignorant claim. I could give a more serious and detailed answer if it was a serious post.

and to so called admins, I don't know what is inflammatory or not, but if anybody wants to delete or edit my post or give me a warning or anything like that, it's just better to close my account. I'm here for more than a decade, that's probably enough. recently I only see childish discussions and nonsense uninformed posts like this one. doesn't worth it anymore. Goodbye

• mosi I like reading your posts and as one of the oldest members of the forum, I hope you will cool down and stay in the forum

It is very sad to see many old forum members are leaving the forum because of certain people and their provocative posts:down:

• I have a proposition for everyone. Why don't you guys just stop making posts targeting people? What do you get for trying to pick a fight? Creates conflict, just for the sake of it? You know it's unnecessary. People complain that the forum is not great anymore, I get it, nostalgia sucks, people are leaving, I get it, but how about making an effort to try to be civilized? This is a community, not a war zone.

• As an old member myself, the forum is not even close to how it used to be, yet, I'm not going to complain about that. Time flies, people change, things change, relatively fast.

Members leaving the forum could be because of the reason above or maybe they don't like some others but also maybe they are so busy and not into volleyball anymore. But then one doesn't have to, nor is obliged to stay if they don't feel like it. It's a personal decision I'd cautiously say.

Even me, I haven't been so active here because mostly I was extraordinarily fed up provocations, attacking someone just for having a different opinion and speaking of provocations, I kinda realized that I also had made sensitive posts here that could definitely be considered aggressive, probably towards some certain players, clubs or countries, so what I learned from this is that before you want to target and bully someone, why don't you look at yourself first? Read what you're going to write, think twice if it would hurt someone, because that's what I did and I absolutely regret doing that. Maybe in my culture it's okay to say things like that, but not in the other part of the world.

I mean imagine if everyone agrees you and there's no one saying different statements, that's not a forum, that's more like a fan club and that's not what we are here for, are we?

It's a difficult moment worldwide, for now it doesn't really matter who to blame or think who's the best and worst to handle this crap, it won't be too late yet if we do that after everything is calmed. Let's just hope this disaster will be gone soon, I'm LITERALLY worn out, both mentally and physically hearing people dying every single day.

• THANK YOU EMIL

"I mean imagine if everyone agrees you and there's no one saying different statements, that's not a forum, that's more like a fan club and that's not what we are here for, are we?"

• Thoughts on Djokovic's stance against Coronavirus vaccination? :sos:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Too much spirituality and too much wife. It tends to addle a brain.

• From my college, from the work, brother got COVID and all of his co-workers(In Germany). Literally non of them had any symptoms and still don't have ANY.... the reason why He got tested because one of his co-worker had smaller fever and btw. he is already feelling just fine.He was positive all of his co-workers got tested because of cautions. And it is not small number of people.

And his roommates have COVID too, with literally non symptoms. Day by day I'm changing my opinion about this virus. Sometimes I do believe We need to stop it, but sometimes that this is literally the biggest panic that media and WHO provoked and that one of the reason why their is so many deaths because of wrong treatments that panic has caused.

Stress will do more damage in long terms than COVID himself.

Their is an article on Croatian portals(literally everywhere in our media) about Stockhlom situation. That their is more than 600k people affected by COVID, 99% of them didn't know that they had it or that they have it right now. Article coming from Sweden virologist.

I'm confused AS FUCK (Sorry for my words but I can't help it). Different stories are coming day by day. I have seen what happend in Italy and I was shocked but reading things from Sweden and Germany are changing my mind. Even in my country. 1.1k active cases, only 18 serious patients and 800 people are AT HOME isolation like wtf.

• There is no contradiction, it's just the lack of your knowledge showing itself by being surprised at these "new" facts (which are not new at all). Anyone who has taken trouble to get behind the pure total numbers, would have seen that mortality rates are very low (official worldwide mortality currently stands at around 7%, while in all but dozen or so countries that rate is no more than 6%). Authorities have repeatedly said that if you are young and healthy, the chances of there even being complications are exceedingly small. Hell, it has been stated 20 or so time in my country that mortality rate even for those older than 70 is around 15-20%.

Those countries that have mortality worse than 7% are either those where medical system collapsed, leading to unnecessary deaths (those who could have survived if there had been enough medicine and respiratory machines for them), like Spain and Italy, or those wealthy OLD countries (western Europe), where there are abnormally large number of elderly population.

• omg he actually said he is against vaccination (using it as a general term) :what: that's disappointing and dumb damn

I might have said in my previous post on that in (half)jest but also...not really. In his case, too much spirituality and a typical bored rich new-age wife with crazy ideas have addled his brain. Pay no mind, and don't judge him too harshly.

• Sweden is still doing just fine :whistle: