COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

• I’m sorry if you think you’re being unfairly treated, the fact is that people on this forum don’t have a hive mind and so there will be times when some people will be unhappy with our decisions. The old saying is “you can’t please all of the people all of the time” and that is very true but we are doing our best to please as many of the people as much as we can and we certainly don’t have any grudge with you.

To answer your question, Janko’s comment was neither insulting nor abusive in my opinion. He suggests that crovolley often “shows his ignorance” which just means that (in Janko’s opinion of course) he often posts about things he doesn’t know much about. If he had said for example crovolley was “showing his stupidity” then I might agree with you but ignorance is simply a lack of knowledge and we are all ignorant about some things, it’s really not that insulting.

I hope that helps.

If so I won't be warned when I say "you are showing your ignorance again" to someone who shows his lack of knowledge in a topic?

I think mods should pay extra attention to their style and tone of the posts since they keep warning people about not triggering conflict, it is important to avoid inconsistency

• serdar No, it is so hard to say. "I respect your opinion but I don't agree with it. I think they are doing wrong job and so on.... " but it is okej to say you are stupid but in "nice" way. Coming from admin and Bogdan.

• sloth and Sisko are doing this job ten times better than you.

I agree, they are much better at ignoring your inane musings on topics you don't know anything about which I should do well to emulate, but c'est la vie.:)

And again, you have your right to express an opinion, I have my equally important right to call out that opinion for childish nonsense it is. That you repeatedly call that "attack" only show that your grasp of human rights and their extents and limitations is not much better than the one on COVID-19 pandemic,

• If so I won't be warned when I say "you are showing your ignorance again" to someone who shows his lack of knowledge in a topic?

Have you been warned by us for that? I don't recall it. If you were not, I fail to see the point in bringing it up...

• EU has 27 members NOT SINGLE virologist, epidemiologist, Prime Minister and so on had called Sweden model "childish nonsense", they respect their choice and they let them doing their jobs.

But here you have doctor of science that no one had discovered yet.

• Crovolley I challenge you to do more research on the things you speak about. This just reminds on you saying Germany had 100 cases in a day followed by saying they have 200 on tbe exact day and then 300 even though those were simply live reports.

As Sisko said, ignorance is nothing more or less than a lack of knowledge. Sorry to say but the majority of the times he does speak his mind, there is a lot of ignorance behind it and his post make it seem like those could be facts even though it is usually based on false news.

If you just put random statements here then no doubt it's going to piss people off. Sweden is neither the best country right now handling COVID-19 nor are they doing nothing. And nor is any countries' numbers in the world right now accurate, didn't you follow the news? A lot of countries had a shortage in tests and only decided to test a handful of people that are risk-factors, the reason Sweden is not a complete mess is because they are a rich country with a highly advanced medical field. However poeple losing their lives that have not been tested do end up passing away WITHOUT making it to the statistics. You also mentioned the Netherlands, NL has like one of the greyest populations in the world, that's the reasoning behind it!

I agree that probably sooner or later we should just get going, you can't lock people up forever but trying to make COVID-19 something not relevant when so many people lost their lives already...

• Wow normal post withour rude comments, thank you for your opinion.

• There are peopple who died by Covid19 and were not at the risk group

• Wow normal post withour rude comments, thank you for your opinion.

Its ok. I think one problem you have is you read something and immediately post your opinion without calming down/fact checking one more time. I used to do this too actually and have the same problem and it made everyone mad. And I was called crazy names as well like troll, impulsive, drama queen etc.

Best is when you see something that annoys you, makes you angry or you have a different opinion from to step back and ignore it and come back and respond later. tip.

• Sweden is a good example in order to learn more about the corona virus crisis. But before giving an opinion, I strongly believe we have to see the whole forest, not just a tree. It means, not only the death rate or infected numbers. There are lot of variables and factors behind the Swedish case, as well as in every single country.

We should take on count not only the quality of the health system of each country in an pandemic, but also the demographics, the sociocultural factors, etc.

First, we have to see the "prepararedness". Sweden was considered between the top10 countries most prepared countries in the world in order to face a pandemic. We should also take in consideration not only the population of Sweden, and most important, its population density. That's a key difference with Belgium and the Netherlands.

And then, sure of course, we shouldnt forget the sociocultural factors.

In the other hand, we shouldnt forget that the world doesnt start and end in Europe. Sure most of the users are europeans here, but there are different worlds outside Europe.

There are a lot of countries whose health care system was already collapsed or in the brink of fall down way before the COVID19 crisis. Countries where you have to wait not days, but months in order to get a bed for a surgery, countries where a normal tuesday early morning you could see a huge queue for getting medicines, rearrange an appointment or even worse, wait in the corridor for a emergency bed.

Unfortunately, those countries cant have the privilege of underestimating the virus or see how it goes on.They must be drastic, "soviet" style in order to avoid the spread. They know they arent ready for this. This is why you can see that many of these countries have taken harsh measures even way before than Spain, Italy, USA, and so on. At least they have a bit time to "prepare" , watching the examples in Europe, but it is just a matter of time for the the total collapse. It is a chronicle of a death foretold.

I would also like to highlight that most of the population of these countries live "day by day", as I already mentioned in other post. If they dont work one day, they wont eat the following one. Despite of that, they are staying at home, waiting for a government aid that probably would never arrive. And also, watching how people from the so called first world countries go out and protest against the lockdown, while their nurses, doctors, police etc are risking their life to protect them.

• https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1253451487415619586?s=20

Is this guy the biggest troll ever or what? This is a great moment to use a famous phrase from a friend 'you are showing your ignorance once again' :aww:

• https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1253451487415619586?s=20

Is this guy the biggest troll ever or what? This is a great moment to use a famous phrase from a friend 'you are showing your ignorance once again' :aww:

"One of the hallmarks of the dangerously stupid is the consistent belief they’ve found great solutions that experts somehow missed."

Tweeter

"We're going to land a man on the sun by going at night."

• Can someone explain to me the intense and targeted hatred I'm reading online on Bill Gates?

I don't think he deserves any of it and I don't even want to deal with it on twitter because the conspiracy theories are just bonkers so I would rather want to discuss this with more sane people on this forum.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Today I went out for the first time in the last 2 months. It was so emotional! I'm full of positive vibes right now! :cheesy:

I am super happy to hear that but I hope it doesn't mean 'only positive vibes' QPL is back :rolll:

• Here in the US there is an increase of a rare illness believed being linked to Coronavirus that is affecting children. From what I read it's currently called Pediatric Multi-System Inflammatory Syndrome. Are other countries reporting something similar to this?