COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

• I really don’t understand how one can find wearing a mask hard and unacceptable. There is virus and you can partly avoid it by wearing a mask. It is not a thread to your freedom, in fact that virus might kill you so you should wear it so that you can keep your freedom. I personally will be wearing masks when I am traveling or have to be in crowded places even after Covid is not a thread.

These are prideful people that don't want to be told what to do.

My thing with these people is that some hide behind a "health condition" as a reason not to wear it. The real people that truly have an existing health condition aren't going out at this time. If you really have a health condition then why are you risking yourself by going out to get groceries, simple daily tasks (send someone else to do it) or even worse the ones that want to travel and go on vacations, but still don't want to wear a mask. :aww:

• Guys, just because you want to trash crovolley, you don't have to come up with other dumb explanations such as Sweden's population.

Yes, Sweden is a large country but when you look at the land, you will notice that there is almost noone living above Stockholm except a few populated cities up north like Luleå and Umeå (I cound Uppsala as Stockholm in that case). You can compare some Swedish cities such as Stockholm, Göteborg, Malmö etc with Italian ones and you might notice that those cities still did better. (for more check: https://www.reddit.com/r/europ…on_density_map_of_sweden/)

One clear advantage of Sweden is having less number of tourists etc, while many people fly to Italy etc. for business and other purposes from all over the world.

Wearing masks is also a questionable issue. There are studies and reports showing that those cheap masks people are wearing are not effective at all (neither protecting healthy people, nor avoiding spreading). Moreover, people wear same masks all day, touching everywhere and the masks afterwards, more likely increasing risk of infection.

It is also silly to compare number of deaths/population etc and telling Sweden does bad based on that. Sweden has a very old population and there were a lot of elderly homes suffering in the beginning, which caused to all deaths. Besides, we don't know % of chronic diseases per country which is an important factor when you compare deaths related to Covid.

When it comes to healthcare system, I can tell you that Sweden is not as good as you think, it is not as easy to see a doctor and get prescribed to a medicine as in Italy etc. Some doctors are outdated and there has been problems when it comes to doctor/population here, that's why you see a lot of immigrant doctors in Sweden.

What Sweden did good is, intense cares were never full, doctors did not have to work extra shifts etc. The aim was to make sure to keep critical Covid patient numbers in a limit that healthcare system is not overloaded and it worked so far.

At the moment I am in a smaller Swedish city and during this week I heard 3 of my friends being Covid positive, so it is gradually coming here too.

About the money etc, I agree on most comments. For example in Sweden, you can order a free test to your home by using an app whenever you feel like you have some symptoms or book a time in a hospital (I did now and entire week was open with like 100 slots/day). Not every country can manage that.

When it comes to cultural issues, Swedes don't kiss each other on the cheeks when they meet, they usually hug only and it is a society where they liked to keep distance anyway. For example before Covid, when you stepped in a tram, you can see that people sit alone and make sure not to sit next to each other when there are available alone seats. This, together with half of population living alone made it easier to reduce the speed of spread. A small note, Swedes also always cough bending their arm, never coughing their hands etc (so these basic hygiene issues were here before Covid as part of culture).

In conclusion, I am skeptical when it comes to usefulness of masks but I agree that in some countries it is necessary to apply harsh quarantines when the healthcare system starts to alert. Otherwise we have to accept that we as individuals have to learn to act responsibly.

• Yes, Sweden is a large country but when you look at the land, you will notice that there is almost noone living above Stockholm except a few populated cities up north like Luleå and Umeå (I cound Uppsala as Stockholm in that case). You can compare some Swedish cities such as Stockholm, Göteborg, Malmö etc with Italian ones and you might notice that those cities still did better.

I can agree that comparation of population + surface between Sweden and Italy is statistical manipulation but

Wearing masks is also a questionable issue. There are studies and reports showing that those cheap masks people are wearing are not effective at all (neither protecting healthy people, nor avoiding spreading). Moreover, people wear same masks all day, touching everywhere and the masks afterwards, more likely increasing risk of infection.

But this part is really questionable and arguments that EXIST studies and reports is really naive to use such arguments, they mean almost nothing, and there are completely contradictory studies that say the exact opposite, and what is with that.

But this is not about that, this is about stupid comments that talk about an economy they have no idea about, about human rights that make sense only out of respect for human responsibilities, and all hiding behind some stupid excuses about freedom of thought, speech , ......

It is extremely irritating to meet such irresponsible people (even in such a virtual way, even on forums), personally even more difficult in the moments that my family is going through at the moment.

I have never, so I will not turn something into pathetic, but because of irresponsible people, who are too many in the country where I live(and all around the world), who thought it was more important to go to sporting events, weddings, nightclubs because they live with full lungs, my father who is the chronic patient did not receive adequate and purposeful medical care because he could not get the turn of the morons who did not want to wear masks, who are smarter and more important than the whole society, ...., so they became infected with coronavirus and preoccupied the health system in to a poor country like Serbia, and all his life he will feel the consequences of the trauma he experienced (it doesn't matter exactly what) because of such idiots, so against these nonsense I have a lot to say to on a personal table and in general as a homosapiens.

And after all the factual situation is that no matter if the Swedish model is good or not, it is definitely not the best as someone is persistently trying to present it, and more importantly it is not possible to apply it to almost 90% of the rest of the world.

• I am deeply sorry for your father, I hope he will be better than ever.

About the Swedish model, I completely agree. What we don't understand it, there is often not a standard solution to our problems when there are so many contingencies we need to think about including population density, density of people with chronic diseases, culture etc. All countries should find their model which fits best to them, Sweden can just be an example on the other side of the spectrum. It can also make Sweden best, but that doesnt mean same model will make Serbia or Turkey best.

What I am afraid is, unfortunately the world is shifting towards a dilemma, the economy is getting worse and worse in most countries presenting recessions in most EU countries. Now the next question will be, what will governments decide, to save the economy (including sports economy and volleyball clubs/organisations) in sacrifice of people's lifes and I believe that is about to happen. Please also don't take this in a macro level, most SMEs in Turkey for example are going in terrible debt due to covid with no government support at all, they are about to make a decision themselves, whether to force their government to a quarantine and go in bankruptcy or to risk lifes. This is the problem of poor countries and I am surprised noone mentions it yet.

• Nice argumentation!

It is weird that people assume there is a consensus over the protective effect of wearing non-medical masks, because there is not! there is still major debate over how useful masks, especially cloth masks. Many health experts question the benefit of enforcing masks (people become more reckless when they wear masks, not watching the distance in public transportation etc, assuming it will 'protect' them) If viral particles are nearby, they have an easy path around a cloth mask. And wearers may well be wafting in particles small enough to flow right through the fabric.Thus, calling people who don't want to wear mask stupid shows one's own ignorance.

Economical impact of lockdowns might be more severe than corona virus itself in certain cases. People who are in HoReCa business or entertainment can not survive these lockdowns long. There are many professions that might lose their jobs if leagues would be cancelled as many suggest here. What's going to happent to those people?

• Masks not only prevent you in case you use it according to correct protocol from diseases but also prevents you from spreading it to others as you can spread even when you aren't aware, without symptoms.

Yes, if we are assuming people don't use correct protocol or wrong masks no safety measures will work. To be precise, not using correct protocol means it won't help you fight any danger in life lmfao. This is why I was a bit mad about the media reporting about wrongly using of masks not helping with covid-19, i mean sure... Is it a surprise? Obviously this was around the time there was a huge shortage of masks :roll: I guess it's best for everyone to do their own research and try to not be influenced by what person x or y says.

Just know that the World Health Organization, pandemic researchers, covid researchers PREDOMINANTLY assure you, wearing masks is safer. And it's even better to do more than just wear a mask.

Previously there have been studies that indicate wrong use of masks won't help, masks can encourage a dangerous false sense of security and would deprive medical professionals of badly needed protective equipment. Yes.

• Because of your history, and in combination with just how utterly ignorant your views are and how potentially harmful your posts due to spreading such ignorant views, every post of yours that complains about any protective measures in this thread will be automatically deleted from now on, crovolley.

• Because of your history, and in combination with just how utterly ignorant your views are and how potentially harmful your posts due to spreading such ignorant views, every post of yours that complains about any protective measures in this thread will be automatically deleted from now on, crovolley.

Them We need to delete Sweden as country ??

How much do you don't like me pls. :lol:

• Life has been much better here for me since the day I blocked that user. I thought the arrogance only surround the idea of volleyball, turns out it is the entire way of thinking. Good riddance for me.

Me too. But some times you can still read his posts when there are quotes. That's the only problem.

• I heard the situation is critical in Poland and there's a lockdown going on. I hope you guys are all fine and I wish you all the best in the days to come. Be strong and don't give up. I'm sending all my good vibes to you. Forza Polonia! ❤️

• Do others notice this: You go into a place, a cannabis shop or a bar for example, and all the people who work there are wearing masks. When one of them needs to shout something at someone across the room, they pull their mask down to shout it. Seems wrong

• Do others notice this: You go into a place, a cannabis shop or a bar for example, and all the people who work there are wearing masks. When one of them needs to shout something at someone across the room, they pull their mask down to shout it. Seems wrong

And they are not wearing them properly. Same mask for weeks, touching them with their hands, under the nose.

You literally need change mask everytime when you are going out. That means literally 2 times in a day, minimum. Medicine mask. And We don't need to even talk about mask which you can wash :gone:

Spain broking the records and they wearing the masks inside and outside.

95% of people are wearing them wrong. Yes they help, but only if you are wearing them properly.

• I still don't believe in some numbers. Every country in Europe is breaking their daily numbers expect Turkey who has huge population over 84million and they have same number as Austria, Hungary, Slovenia(2million), Croatia(3,8million) and so on.

Real number of Corona cases is probably around 100Million, and % of death rate is way lower than actually 3%.

I mean I know how they are "hiding" numbers in Croatia. If someone in family has Covid, whole family is in quarantine and they don't test them. Only if they want, everyone has right for free testing. But most of them are not doing testing even though they have Corona 100%.

In Croatia is more popular to do serological testing to see if you have anti bodies. And it is only 25$. And if you do have anti bodies you are not registered as Covid positive patient. Idiotic.

• I still don't believe in some numbers. Every country in Europe is breaking their daily numbers expect Turkey who has huge population over 84million and they have same number as Austria, Hungary, Slovenia(2million), Croatia(3,8million) and so on.

Real number of Corona cases is probably around 100Million, and % of death rate is way lower than actually 3%.

I mean I know how they are "hiding" numbers in Croatia. If someone in family has Covid, whole family is in quarantine and they don't test them. Only if they want, everyone has right for free testing. But most of them are not doing testing even though they have Corona 100%.

In Croatia is more popular to do serological testing to see if you have anti bodies. And it is only 25$. And if you do have anti bodies you are not registered as Covid positive patient. Idiotic.

Turkey doesn't report positive numbers. They only report patients who are sick and showing symptoms. This is indeed bullshit because one might not be symptomatic today but he can be tomorrow. Also which symptoms they are considering that is enough to be called 'sick' is not clear. Turkey was hiding numbers from day-1 and I remember some people for rooting for turkey and saying that how good government handling situation 😱 some people are so easy to fool:white:

• I knew it something was wrong with numbers in Turkey, it is to big country to have "small" numbers on daily base.

• Offtopic but crovolley got post #666. How dare you. I wanted it. :gone:

Anyway, we're at this point where covid is uncontainable. I mean what if all those who recovered were reinfected? We're coming back to square 1 over and over again.

We need the vaccine. It's the only way. The people who are volunteering for the trials are warriors of the most noble intentions. They deserve all the salutations for the coming years.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney