COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

• Chinese men’s league postpones its start, which was supposed to be in two weeks.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2021-01/04/c_139641060.htm

Vaccine is going to take longer to get out to people than we would all like.

I had 18 months as a mental note based on 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic.

March 2020 + 18 months gets you September 2021.

I work in aerospace and the commercial market as a best guess won’t be back for 3 years, even with a vaccine.

• Considering how UK is about to start an experimental cocktail of different vaccines because of how limited the supply is... It's not a surprise this will last until 2022 at the very least.

It seems to me the people who are pushing for a faster roll-out are incredibly delusional. I have a feeling they really want to take off the mask and socialize as normal peope would during pre-coronavirus and are just acting like they care for the dying but the reality is we will all still have to follow all the protocols to avoid getting sick while waiting for the whole world to inoculate itself to protect the elderly and the vulnerable with a vaccine which was approved at an extraordinary pace.

It doesn't really help those "pro-vaccine" people are shitting on vaccine-hesitants which is actually making people go anti-vaxx because of how delirious they are with their obsession on making themselves feel like they are right and you are wrong. A little empathy is needed. People are rationally scared of it. It doesn't mean they are against vaccination. It just means they are waiting for more data to come out before jumping in.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• More than 1Million people in Israel got vaccine. If I didn’t get it wrong. I hope everyone else are gone take the same step.

I’m getting my vaccine at the end of this month or next one.

• So fast? Wow. How this is possible? What's the system in Croatia?

I’m medicial worker so We are first who are getting/gone get.

First people from nursing home and hospital got it, now the rest od medicial workers.

After us, chronic ill people.,...

My aunt already got it her first dose and I personally know 3 more people who got it. They all had the same thing, small pain in that part of the arm. Nothing else.

• I will just say that people have no understanding of supply chains. Because everything is so immediate now.

Let alone the sheer volume of syringes and the volume of vaccine to be made. Sure we just have this stuff laying around. Of course not. Also, things just cannot turn around quick when you switch. Toilet paper in the USA was one of those things that was not set up to have such a volume for home toilet paper, which is different that you would get at work.

I am not a doomsday prepper, but I do have some extras of things because I know that I use them.

• Yesterday I received my first dose of vaccine(Moderna) I will get my second dose in 4weeks. Finally one step closer to my normal life. Can’t wait to care less about any rule anymore :drink:

Same symptoms as my mom Who got vaccine in Jan.(Pfizer) Small pain in the arm. With her first dose She couldn’t sleep because of pain in her arm but next day She was like new.

• Yesterday I received my first dose of vaccine(Moderna) I will get my second dose in 4weeks. Finally one step closer to my normal life. Can’t wait to care less about any rule anymore :drink:

Same symptoms as my mom Who got vaccine in Jan.(Pfizer) Small pain in the arm. With her first dose She couldn’t sleep because of pain in her arm but next day She was like new.

congrats to you! Hopefully no adverse side effects. Cheers! :drink:

• I recently got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. After the first dose I only had a sore arm for one day, but after the second dose I got pretty sick for a few days. It was like the flu, but the worst thing was my low energy level. I barely had any energy to do something. We actually got a problem at work, because almost all colleagues got the same symptoms as me😅 I can't imagine how people feel who got the actual Coronavirus:( Hopefully the vaccination of the whole community will proceed as soon as possible, so that we can return to our normal life step by step:)

• I recently got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. After the first dose I only had a sore arm for one day, but after the second dose I got pretty sick for a few days. It was like the flu, but the worst thing was my low energy level. I barely had any energy to do something. We actually got a problem at work, because almost all colleagues got the same symptoms as me😅 I can't imagine how people feel who got the actual Coronavirus:( Hopefully the vaccination of the whole community will proceed as soon as possible, so that we can return to our normal life step by step:)

From experience I can say btw, make that drop in energy level a thousand times worse

I remember I was actually shocked that I couldn't find the energy to forget; walking, moving, be productive, or just stand up, I couldn't even sit up on a chair or even my bed :lol: Like not that it was just hard, but physically it seemed almost impossibly tiring at that moment to do and it was quite scary indeed. Obviously never had anything close to that feeling before.
    And btw my case was still passing as a 'very mild' case, so imagine all the people that had worse symptoms, even trouble breathing, Pneumonia...

It is definitely no joke, hope everyone gets their vaccines soon and stays safe in the meantime :!: We are definitely nearing the finish line now, keep the patience

• Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

How did you get it? Because of the medical profession (I assume not due to the elderly age:lol:) I feel like it will take quite a while until non-risk groups get vaccinated in netherlands;(

So strange how Pfizer is working. My mom was in pain whole neight with her arm that She couldn’t sleep but with second doze She was perfect and everyone were talking about that second dose is more “painful” and same goes with her college from work noone had bigger problem. But I heard a lot of similiar stories to you.

I literally didn’t feel anything special with Moderna and my co-worker too.

• How did you get it? Because of the medical profession (I assume not due to the elderly age:lol:) I feel like it will take quite a while until non-risk groups get vaccinated in netherlands;(

That's right, I work in heathcare.

Yes it will take a while... They just started with 80+ and a lot of medical workers haven't even been vaccinated yet. It's a bit messy?(

• I got my second dose of Chinese Sinopharm 5 days ago (on Valentine's Day) No complications, no pain, the whole thing took less than half an hour.

• I'll get my first dose of AstraZeneca tonight. My colleagues who already got their first dose all felt sick for 1-2 days, some had fever, some had pain, some felt weak and dizzy but I haven't heard from anyone who had no side effects at all yet :white:

Anybody here already got AstraZeneca?

• I’ve not had it myself but my dad had it a couple of weeks ago and didn’t suffer any side effects yet. And since he’s sceptical about vaccines (not anti-vax but just very cautious) I’m sure he would’ve complained if he’d felt any discomfort at all.

Anyway, good luck Matthias :)