2020/2021 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• saishuu

Changed the title of the thread from “2020/2021 Transfers News & Discussion” to “2020/2021 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion”.
  • Bednorz (Modena) to Kazan

Leal (Lube) to Kazan

Kubiak (Japan) to Modena

Ngapeth (Kazan) to Modena

Stankovic (Piacenza) to Modena

De Cecco (Perugia) to Lube

Travica (Padova) to Perugia

Sbertoli (Milano) to Perugia

Polo (Padova) to Trentino

Goi (Monza) to Trentino

Grebennikov (Trentino) to Modena

Lagumdzija (TUR) to Trentino

Vettori (Trentino) to Milano (oh boy Piano will be happy so I've heard :gone:)

Nimir (Milano) to Japan

Sokolov (Kazan) to Lube (2019-2020) but I doubt this'll happen this season unless there's an agreement in place between Kazan and Lube

Urnaut (China) to Monza (2019-2020)

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• To add to the previous post, apparently Perugia has already renewed with both Leon and Atanasijevic for 2 years. Modena has also renewed with Christenson for 3 more seasons.

• Out of topic but Piano and Vettori really a thing? :rose:

• micah, Kubiak, grebenikov, earvin... so Modena will play with Zaytsev and 2 italian MB?

• Out of topic but Piano and Vettori really a thing? :rose:

There's too much smoke to dismiss there's no fire so...:whistle:

micah, Kubiak, grebenikov, earvin... so Modena will play with Zaytsev and 2 italian MB?

Assuming Stankovic applies for italian citizenship then he is your second italian MB.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Wasn't Stankovic supposed to apply for an Italian Championship after his season with Piacenza and then return to Lube?

Also, is Modena really trying to go for the Ngapeth-Kubiak combo? I don't know...

• Wasn't Stankovic supposed to apply for an Italian Championship after his season with Piacenza and then return to Lube?

Also, is Modena really trying to go for the Ngapeth-Kubiak combo? I don't know...

Stankovic could definitely try it but the competition for Lube's MB is going to be a big problem.

In my opinion, Modena have the best conditions for him to play there and Christenson is familiar with him so that can factor into his decision.

Kubiak might be possible for this year after after Japanese league is over but next season with Ngapeth and Anderson is very doubtful.

#FreeBritney

• Stankovic could definitely try it but the competition for Lube's MB is going to be a big problem.

In my opinion, Modena have the best conditions for him to play there and Christenson is familiar with him so that can factor into his decision.

Kubiak might be possible for this year after after Japanese league is over but next season with Ngapeth and Anderson is very doubtful.

I agree about Stankovic. I just always thought he'd return to Lube and bench there until his retirement, idk.

Also isn't Zaytsev also staying in Modena for a couple more seasons? That's why I don't think both Kubiak and Ngapeth will come. That and their temper and potential to get into fights with each other lmao

• What do you guys think about Zenit St. Petersburg's project for 2020/2021 season?

According to most recent rumours and plans (Gian Luca Pasini talks about it a lot), as long as Oreol Camejo is going to play as a native Russian, Georg Grozer most likely leaving the club, Gazprom ready to invest massive money in, the team looks impressive on paper so far.

Brizard bringing in flair which usually Russian teams lack, Poletaev, if healthy, being a one-man-army, a pair of solid, national level middle-blockers (Philippov-Iakovlev) and ultra-offensive pair of receivers - Camejo-Kliuka backed-up with Grebennikov's magic? Looks like a decent-balanced dominant forced to me.

Do you think Dmitriy Volkov is going to finally leave Fakel if Kliuka does? They play with each other for quite long but it seems to come to an end, though.

If Zenit Kazan is really going to let Sokolov go after the season, Mikhaylov get back to play as an opposite, if Earvin is really going to leave the club, they could use Volkov's quality (even paired with Bednorz would look impressive and well-balanced).

Well, there are rumours about Lucarelli finally playing in Europe. Pasini informed us about the bid from Moscow, involving 1,000,000$. I believe, if Kazan is ready to pay Bednorz 900,000$, they could easily pay Lucarelli a 100,000$ more, too. The question is, if he's mentally finally "ready" to play in Europe.

• Well, there are rumours about Lucarelli finally playing in Europe. Pasini informed us about the bid from Moscow, involving 1,000,000$. I believe, if Kazan is ready to pay Bednorz 900,000$, they could easily pay Lucarelli a 100,000$ more, too. The question is, if he's mentally finally "ready" to play in Europe.

I'll believe it when I see it. It honestly pisses me off how adamant he seems to be in staying in Brazil all these years. And it seems Taubaté isn't paying their players this season too, which only makes it worse. At least he's already won the Brazilian league, so he can take that off his list I guess...

Also both Zenits look impressive, on paper at least. A possible Volkov-Bednorz-Mikhaylov combo in Kazan looks deadly. I'm stoked to see what comes next season when it comes to other transfers!

• Looks like Sokolov receieved a huge offer from Lokomotiv for next season. He would be perfect there, replacing the two ageing Opps Bakun/Kruglov, and Konstantinov as head coach. Lokomotiv is poised to be Number 1 team at the end of the regular season.

• I kind of don't want Poletaev to leave Kuzbass, as that would make one less team in the SuperLeague less competitive. And besides, Zenit would need a reliable second Opp as Poletaev, as amazing as he is, is injury-prone. Kuzbass won't ever be the same w/o Poletaev

• Also both Zenits look impressive, on paper at least. A possible Volkov-Bednorz-Mikhaylov combo in Kazan looks deadly. I'm stoked to see what comes next season when it comes to other transfers!

Rumor is that Ngapeth is close in renewing with Kazan. So I guess it would more likely be Ngapeth-Bednorz-Mikhaylov. I just realized Mikhaylov is very average as OH lol Him returning to Opp next season is a good move from Kazan

• Yes, I totally agree with the statement Maxim looks pretty average playing as OH.

With all due respect to Alekhno-Verbov duo, the risky decision of playing in combination of 2 opposites and one OH (Maxim does receive but, you know...)

doesn't pay off for them - alright, they might win some most recent games (vs Zenith or Dinamo Moscow) but still, I think it will be really difficult for them to win a throphy (Russian Championship or Champions Leauge Title) in the end of the season.

Alekhno once said, they had an option to contract Volkov a few years ago but they had Leon-Anderson pair so Volkov might play just not enough to properly develop which might affect Russian NT negatively. So, I imagine, he's pretty available for them - if they want it "bad" enough.

The transfer window before 19/20 season looked really impressive but honestly, the up-coming window might even beat the previous one! I feel like, more than ever, transfers of one club depend on transfers of the other one.

Well, without any doubt, Olympics are the most important competition for most atheles, inculding volleyball players and no one wants to change the environment drastically before the Olympic season but after Olympics, I think more players, especially from "exotic" countries might want to come to Europe.

I believe Michał Kubiak is finally going to play in Europe after the Olympics before that's the event he might make him feel "fulfilled". What's more, maybe Lucarelli will finally take a brave step after Olympics and will be a great addition to European club rivaly.

• I don't think Volkov is an upgrade over Mikhailov and Voronkov. I think Voronkov will ultimately become a better player than both Kliuka and Volkov in the future so I can't really see him going to Kazan anymore.

Ngapeth's renewal is still up in the air. Kazan is negotiating to lower his salary and that could push him to return to Modena if both sides could not agree with their demands.

#FreeBritney

• Ngapeth's renewal is still up in the air. Kazan is negotiating to lower his salary and that could push him to return to Modena if both sides could not agree with their demands.

How is Modena in Italian domestic league? If I remember Ngapeth desperately wants a CL title on his resume, and if Modena does not qualify for CL next year then I think that is one factor to consider to stay in Kazan (assuming Kazan will also qualify next year of course lol)

• They played great against Milano. With Holt's resurgence they can win this season.

Anderson - Bednii - Zaytsev

• According to Gian Luca Pasini's website, Tsvetan Sokolov already signed up with Dinamo Moscow.

Stephan Maar is going to leave the club after the season and Sokolov will be paired with Deroo as foreigners in Moscow.

It's pretty obvious Mikhaylov will once again play as an opposite spiker and Zenit Kazan will need a world class receiver next season - option with Bednorz seems more and more legit. The question is, will Ngapeth come back to Modena, then? If yes, I can see Bednorz and Volkov playing for Zenit next season.

The other world class wide-receiver in the market will be Taylor Sander, coming back from injury. We will see which club is going to sign up for him.