2020/2021 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• According to Gian Luca Pasini's website, Tsvetan Sokolov already signed up with Dinamo Moscow.

Stephan Maar is going to leave the club after the season and Sokolov will be paired with Deroo as foreigners in Moscow.

Too bad Sokolov didn't sign with Lokomotiv, as it was reported he was offered a huge contract. Moscow could have re-signed Sander, as he was originally to play for them before the injury. I still hope Ngapeth stays in Kazan.

• New rumours:

Kovacevic to Piacenza or Russia

Nimir to Trento

Giannelli is also being sought after by Perugia but his buyout is like a million euro so I guess they'll have to wait fot his contract to run out before they pursue him after resigning Leon and Atanasijevic.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Too bad Sokolov didn't sign with Lokomotiv, as it was reported he was offered a huge contract. Moscow could have re-signed Sander, as he was originally to play for them before the injury. I still hope Ngapeth stays in Kazan.

Both Dinamo and Lokomotiv are about to face the very same problem - aging opposite-spikers (Lokomotiv is indeed in worse situation because both Bakun and Kruglov are 1985). If the rumour is true, Moscow surely paid Sokolov more but what I think is also true - Lokomotiv is pleased with having Drzyzga-Ivović as foreign players.

Well, this season more than ever is hard to predict which clubs from Russia are going to play in Champions Leauge next season, so I think clubs like Dynamo, Fakel, Kuzbass or Lokomotiv, which have a real chance to play in CL but you never know if Zenits aren't going to come back to their form in playoffs, are rather cautious when it comes to spending money for next season squads.

Let's hope Taylor Sander doesn't decide to "take a break" after the injury and go play somewhere in Asia or Brazil/Argentina to build his form. He's also aging and I feel like he still has something to do in European club volleyball.

By the way, are playoffs in Russia played by 1-8 or 1-4 standings?

• By the way, are playoffs in Russia played by 1-8 or 1-4 standings?

Teams ranked from 1st to 8th will play in QF. Then, if teams manage to win 1 match each (home and away match), golden set will be played to determine the winner

• Teams ranked from 1st to 8th will play in QF. Then, if teams manage to win 1 match each (home and away match), golden set will be played to determine the winner

Then indeed, almost anything can happen in Russian leauge this season. I imagine Zenit Kazan will take a spot on a podium and guarantee the place in next CL edition but the other places? Lokomotiv, Dynamo, Kuzbass, Fakel, Zenit St. Petersburg? I have no idea, how it all ends up.

That's why most of the teams will look for new players when they finally find out what they are playing for in next season, might be a few late transfers in Russia this year, then.

• Niektóre plotki transferowe z polskiej ligi.

1) Jakub Kochanowski i jeden z trzech seterów (Maruf, Wiliam, Uriarte) mogą przyjechać do Warszawy

2) Krążą plotki, że Seyed jedzie na Zaksa

3) Wszyscy oprócz Komendy opuścili Asseco Resovia

Could you please post it in English? Thanks!

• In my opinion, Lucarelli should go to Perugia. They'll be unstoppable if that happens.

He also need to realize that going to europe could put a strain on him and the achilles injury he had could shorten his career. Having Leon to start a duo is a perfect combination of offense and defense.

But if he wants challenge... then Trento is perfect for him but I'm not sure if he can withstand the pressure. Giannelli usually plays the OH more than the opposite but if Nimir is coming then the burden is less on him. They need an italian offensive OH if they are contacting Danani as a foreign libero. Everyone's saying it could be Kooy who is now an italian but I'm not really sure if he can play as well as he does in a smaller club. There's also the age factor , Kooy is 33 and injury proneness with Nimir and Lucarelli. It is a more balanced team than what they got right now but they need to be healthier all through out the season to compete.

About Russell, I'm hearing talks about him going to Modena now that Ngapeth is closer to Kazan renewal.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains ().

• According to Gian Luca Pasini's blog and the fact season in Japan is over, Michał Kubiak is expected to wear Modena shirt just in a few days from now on.

I think everyone is more than happy to see him finally playing in Europe but to be fair, I can't see him instantly benching Anderson or Bednorz

and we all know he's not the one who would love to sit on the bench himself.

Earvin Ngapeth announced on his Instagram, he signed a contract for next year with Zenit Kazan.

• I want these stars to go to a 2nd tier Italian Club, these big 4 don't need additional help.

• According to Voloch, Bruninho agreed to go to EMS Taubaté, the Brazilian national team's coach, Renan dal Zotto.

link: https://esportes.estadao.com.b…bruno-fechado-em-taubate/

• Weren’t there rumors that Taubate players were not getting paid? Why would you go to a team that already has financial difficulties?

They're not even rumors, it's all true. The team hasn't paid the last 3 salaries.

The other big teams all have their setters already (Cachopa and William), so Taubaté was Bruno's only choice. Who knows what Taubaté said in order to convince him to come.

• Weren’t there rumors that Taubate players were not getting paid? Why would you go to a team that already has financial difficulties?

There are reports that 30% of the cast does not have the right salaries. And that in July they must be resolved.

And speaking of MES Taubaté, does anyone know of Lucarelli's rumors leaving for Trentino, and coming from Taylor Sander?