2020/2021 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• Kolakovic parted ways with Iran’s NT. Can anymore provide more details and explain why the Iranian volleyball federation opted for looking for a new head coach?

This is the his interview from that he gave to Serbian main sport media "Sport Klub"

I was not fired, as some media reported. The leaders of the Volleyball Federation of Iran contacted me, we had a conversation, at the basis of which it was clear that it was time to break up. Namely, my contract expires on September 1, and the agreement was for my engagement to end with the Olympic Games in Japan. However, due to the coronavirus, the Games have been canceled until 2021, and the volleyball players of Iran will therefore not have any activities or big competitions for a year and a half. "Given that Iran is a country that has been severely affected by the coronavirus, that it must take care of the economic, in addition to the health situation in the country, an agreed termination of cooperation was proposed, and I agreed to that," Kolakovic told Sport Klub. "My wish was to participate in the Olympic Games with Iran, to make my dream come true, to be a participant in the largest sports festival in the world for the fourth time. Many asked me why I did not change my decision and wait for the Olympic Games. I would do that in case that i lead Montenegro or Serbia, but like this, I really couldn't wait for an extremely long period without activity, and it wouldn't be fair to the leaders of the Volleyball Federation of Iran, with whom I had a great cooperation, and we will have a conversation in the near future. to grow friendly because we achieved great results and had a great cooperation. "

• This is the his interview from that he gave to Serbian main sport media "Sport Klub"

I was not fired, as some media reported. The leaders of the Volleyball Federation of Iran contacted me, we had a conversation, at the basis of which it was clear that it was time to break up. Namely, my contract expires on September 1, and the agreement was for my engagement to end with the Olympic Games in Japan. However, due to the coronavirus, the Games have been canceled until 2021, and the volleyball players of Iran will therefore not have any activities or big competitions for a year and a half. "Given that Iran is a country that has been severely affected by the coronavirus, that it must take care of the economic, in addition to the health situation in the country, an agreed termination of cooperation was proposed, and I agreed to that," Kolakovic told Sport Klub. "My wish was to participate in the Olympic Games with Iran, to make my dream come true, to be a participant in the largest sports festival in the world for the fourth time. Many asked me why I did not change my decision and wait for the Olympic Games. I would do that in case that i lead Montenegro or Serbia, but like this, I really couldn't wait for an extremely long period without activity, and it wouldn't be fair to the leaders of the Volleyball Federation of Iran, with whom I had a great cooperation, and we will have a conversation in the near future. to grow friendly because we achieved great results and had a great cooperation. "

Thanks for providing this context. That makes sense considering the current economic and health situation in Iran. In this case, I believe there's still a possibility that Kolakovic will appear in the Olympic Games as Iran's head coach. It depends on whether Kolakovic's club commitment allows him to do so, and the progress of finding a new head coach from the Iranian Volleyball federation.

• Thanks for providing this context. That makes sense considering the current economic and health situation in Iran. In this case, I believe there's still a possibility that Kolakovic will appear in the Olympic Games as Iran's head coach. It depends on whether Kolakovic's club commitment allows him to do so, and the progress of finding a new head coach from the Iranian Volleyball federation.

oh absolutely not, my chance to be the head coach is probably higher than Kolakovic :rolll:

they wanted to fire him for a very long time, first after 2018 World Championship (didn't have the money to pay 2-3 years of his contract) and then next year after the World Cup, (nobody was in charge of the federation and when the new guy came he thought that's stupid to change the coach right before the Olympic Qualifiers) this virus thing just gave them an opportunity to terminate the contract with mutual agreement. they are happy to not pay him for another 5-6 months.

believe it or not they are after Velasco to lead the team only for the Olympics, in case that plan fails Iran will probably participate with a local coach. there are 3 candidates already. I don't think they hire a completely new guy right now, on paper we have one year left for the Olympics but NTs will be inactive in most of it.

• oh absolutely not, my chance to be the head coach is probably higher than Kolakovic :rolll:

they wanted to fire him for a very long time, first after 2018 World Championship (didn't have the money to pay 2-3 years of his contract) and then next year after the World Cup, (nobody was in charge of the federation and when the new guy came he thought that's stupid to change the coach right before the Olympic Qualifiers) this virus thing just gave them an opportunity to terminate the contract with mutual agreement. they are happy to not pay him for another 5-6 months.

believe it or not they are after Velasco to lead the team only for the Olympics, in case that plan fails Iran will probably participate with a local coach. there are 3 candidates already. I don't think they hire a completely new guy right now, on paper we have one year left for the Olympics but NTs will be inactive in most of it.

indeed I don’t find Kolakovic is an effective coach. His record when leading the Serbian NT is not impressive neither.

but is there a chance Velasco is back to leading Iran NT again? Is he on the market now?

Personally I find Kovac not bad, at least better than Kolakovic and Lozano.

• indeed I don’t find Kolakovic is an effective coach. His record when leading the Serbian NT is not impressive neither.

but is there a chance Velasco is back to leading Iran NT again? Is he on the market now?

Personally I find Kovac not bad, at least better than Kolakovic and Lozano.

personally I think Kolakovic did OK, he wasn't great but he was also not that bad. but the general atmosphere in volleyball community was against him. we have to consider he had to deal with so many things, I think in 3 years he had to deal with 4 different presidents in volleyball federation and if I'm not wrong the federation was without anybody in charge for almost a year.there was never a clear plan ahead of him, when he came he was told to change the generation and do NOT care about the results in first couple of years. he brought so many under 20 players to the squad and obviously the results weren't great but then the new guy told him to change the plan. during the VNL last year he played almost the entire tournament with his main squad. and he was forced twice to change his decision, Iran was supposed to send B team to the 2018 Asian Games while A team preparing for the WCH. a last minute change resulted in Iran's disappointing performance in Bulgaria. you can't prepare yourself to challenge Poland by playing Mongolia and Pakistan 10 days before the World Championships.

Velasco is retired as a coach, he is now working with Italian federation as manager or something like that (monitoring age group teams) but IVF claims they are trying to convince him to come back only for the Olympics. even though I have my doubts that's even true. it's possible they are just playing with his name (knowing he is still popular) to finally appoint a local coach.

• Belogorie announced Gabriele Nelli.

It seems almost all the top and up-and-coming Opposites will play in Russia next season: Mikhaylov, Poletaev, Sokolov, Muzaj, Nelli and not sure if Zaytsev transfer to Russia is still in the picture?

• It seems almost all the top and up-and-coming Opposites will play in Russia next season: Mikhaylov, Poletaev, Sokolov, Muzaj, Nelli and not sure if Zaytsev transfer to Russia is still in the picture?

His wife and agent told they can't stay in Modena, because they have obligations they can't afford if Ivan cuts his contract.

• Belogorie announced Gabriele Nelli.

Strange transfer. Nelli's situation sucks but he's not ideally the opposite any russian team would consider first.

It seems almost all the top and up-and-coming Opposites will play in Russia next season: Mikhaylov, Poletaev, Sokolov, Muzaj, Nelli and not sure if Zaytsev transfer to Russia is still in the picture?

Nelli's too inexperienced as a top opposite and too old as an up-coming player though.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Brazilian Superliga:

After Sesc-RJ's withdrawal and SESI dissolving their adult team, Ribeirão Preto has also decided to shut down. They were more known for being the team managed by Lipe (OH). I wouldn't be surprised if other teams also disappeared.

Meanwhile, Vedacit/Guarulhos has confirmed they will join SL from the B league. First names confirmed are Sandro (S) and Thiago Alves (OH). They were the team associated with Corinthians until a couple Superligas ago and were put on blast for not paying salaries for months. Who knows how long they'll last this time...

• Brazilian Superliga:

After Sesc-RJ's withdrawal and SESI dissolving their adult team, Ribeirão Preto has also decided to shut down. They were more known for being the team managed by Lipe (OH). I wouldn't be surprised if other teams also disappeared.

Meanwhile, Vedacit/Guarulhos has confirmed they will join SL from the B league. First names confirmed are Sandro (S) and Thiago Alves (OH). They were the team associated with Corinthians until a couple Superligas ago and were put on blast for not paying salaries for months. Who knows how long they'll last this time...

Will Lipe retire or he will play next season? In case, where?

• Brazilian Superliga:

The last one out turn off the light. :wall:

It's so sad what's happening in Superliga.