2020/2021 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• Jendryk in Resovia

• Anyone heard anything about Matthew Anderson? Many sources bring up he already parted his way with Modena but anything about his future club?

Is it going to be 100% Asia? I can imagine Olympics 2021 will be his last. A few American players are going to play their last Olympics (Anderson, Smith, Holt, Kawika Shoji) so I assume they're going for their last shot. It would be better for his performance if he still played on the highest level. After Olympics, he would easily find a job in Asia to make some money before retiring.

• Anyone heard anything about Matthew Anderson? Many sources bring up he already parted his way with Modena but anything about his future club?

Is it going to be 100% Asia? I can imagine Olympics 2021 will be his last. A few American players are going to play their last Olympics (Anderson, Smith, Holt, Kawika Shoji) so I assume they're going for their last shot. It would be better for his performance if he still played on the highest level. After Olympics, he would easily find a job in Asia to make some money before retiring.

I believe both Anderson and Holt can play one more Olympics, why do you think this is their last one?

• L'Equipe and Gazetta are both saying that Anderson has officially signed with Shanghai.

Modena picked up Petric, Lavia, and Stankovic.

Vibo Valentia signing Saitta and Rossard. They are linked with Chinenyeze and Cester in the middle.

And Grebennikov. The four of them are all official.

• Viteli official in Padua.

The club is also linked to Stern coming back to Italy from Turkey and K. Shoji after a rough stint at Resovia.

Włodarczyk also may be coming in from Czarni Radom. He was a starter for most of the season as a receiver but only averaged 2.38 points per set. He was overshadowed in attack by the likes of Butryn and Sander.

• I believe both Anderson and Holt can play one more Olympics, why do you think this is their last one?

Anderson is going to be 37 years old during Olympics in Paris. The same as Holt. David Smith is going to be 39. Kawika Shoji is going to be 36. Muagututia will be 36. Erik Shoji is going to be 34. McDonnell will be 35. Watten is going to be 38. All Christenson, Sander, Russell, Jaeschke are going to be 30+.

So, yeah, I assume Tokyo might be their last shot with this extremely talented roster.

• In my mind this will be Anderson's last Olympics. It will be his third, and he just had a son. From his postings it looks like he will be ready to really start his life with his family.

I know that Dave Smith will more than likely be done after this. I was classmates with his wife, and now that his children are getting school-aged, it will be advantageous to stay in the USA.

K. Shoji might not make the team in Paris as Micah Ma'a has been stepping up. If Shoji makes the team in 2021, I assume it will be his last.

For some reason I think Holt will probably get another Olympics under his belt before hanging it up, but I could be wrong.

I think the Jaeschke, Sander, and Aaron Russell could still all be on the team on the left side for the USA in Tokyo and Paris.

• My baby's back in Piacenza..

• I wonder if the Aaron Russell domino will fall soon.

for a team who has "budget" they're slacking. Lube I think is done with their line-up. Perugia's almost complete.

• Is Nimir's deal with Trentino a fact or it's not going to happen due to financial crisis among Italian teams?

Despite the fact of COVID, Italian teams seem to still signing up a lot of very good, good or decent players.

Maybe they will still be able to get him signed up and complete an impressive roster (with Giannelli, Lisinac, Podrascanin, Lucarelli and others).