Brazil NT 2021

• Brazil's Beijing team has one of the best team composition in recent years. They're just dominant in all aspects, and that perfect run leading to the gold medal match is just a testament to how dominant they were. Each of their first 7 is at their best form then. How many chances do you get to have a Mari-Paula. duo. A Fabiana-Walewska, a Sheilla-Fofao, in a generation?

and don’t forget Fabi, that one glue who kept everything together. i was not familiar with Brazil before 2008, how did Brazil starters were compred to the 2008’s?

Mari is a person with a really strong mind. No one in recent years had more pressure on her shoulders than her.

from being trashed for 2004 VS Russia to winning the gold medal on her birthday in 2008 - what a sweet story. but didn’t she left the NT on 2007?

• and don’t forget Fabi, that one glue who kept everything together. i was not familiar with Brazil before 2008, how did Brazil starters were compred to the 2008’s?

from being trashed for 2004 VS Russia to winning the gold medal on her birthday in 2008 - what a sweet story. but didn’t she left the NT on 2007?

She had some problems with Ze Roberto in 2007.

Mari is a living legend.

• somehow I feel like she was on top of her game for a brief period of time only 😭

She made her name on Two Olympics games. So far not a long time as Sokolova and so on.

• Brazil's Beijing team has one of the best team composition in recent years. They're just dominant in all aspects, and that perfect run leading to the gold medal match is just a testament to how dominant they were. Each of their first 7 is at their best form then. How many chances do you get to have a Mari-Paula. duo. A Fabiana-Walewska, a Sheilla-Fofao, in a generation?

Fabiana-Thaisa is the best MB duo ever

• Look guys, I'm not really a fan of Drussyla, as personal or athlete but I think people is making too much noise with this declaration of her.

Of course this generation is different than the previous one (especially the players who complaine all the time about this actual generation), and they are different for several reasons, and yes, I agree when some people talk about players who choosed to be on bench on big clubs instead of playing in smaller clubs but with court time (aka Naiane).

The thing is, in Drussyla's favor, she played in beach and floor for years in the beggining of her carreer, stay away from home and family since 14, and since 14 she joined youth NT, I think is completely normal, that in the middle of a global pandemic and quarentine (which she got infected by the virus), she feel the right to not miss her time on court playing volleyball.

Volleyball for her is a profession, not a hobby, I really love my job too and I'm really happy on what I do, but I don't take vacations for several years at this time, and I feel so bad that a covid-19 has to happen for me to take care of my life because I work incessantly since 16. But I will not talk about privilegis of the players who talk about this new generation right now (when they actually were Olympic champions at this age).

• I understand your point. The only thing said here is that she doesn't seem to have any aspiration to play for the NT, plus she deals with volleyball exclusively as her work. Although people often say that it's their jobs etc, being an athlete is a very different kind of work indeed. When I mentioned the lack of desire is that in the past being an athlete meant that you'd try your best to be in the NT, to compete in an OGs which used to be everyone's dream. And the young girls now just don't have the same desire - and I am not judging them for that.

The reason why this thing got bigger is that recently Drussyla is basically being a fool on social media. The way she positioned about the ranking was really bad, she then was backlashed by the many 7-point players and responded to bad to it too.

• I understand your point. The only thing said here is that she doesn't seem to have any aspiration to play for the NT, plus she deals with volleyball exclusively as her work.

Exactly, and there's no problem with that. I'm talking exclusively from the perspective that she was supposed to be a good prospect for the NT and that her actions speak otherwise. I don't blame her for her choices, she's allowed to take this volleyball thing whatever way she wants to. It's just slightly disappointing for "fans" who wish she'd do well internationally, but still that's also just projecting.

• I got what you guys said and I agree with you'all, but I think there's somethings we have to considered about this topic. Brazil won two gold medals at Olympic games, and that made confort for Zé Roberto to not make a renovation that NT needed in time, inmho that endorses the desmotivation of young players.

This cycle they live with the possibility of renomate players to make a comeback way before the Olympics, while they play during all the cycle, classified Brazil for the Games and got all the pression for the media, and then suddenly the veterans are considered to make the cut.

The shadow of the Olympic champions should've not been a thing for them, they need to have the guts to play better and better, because that's what can take them to OG, but the possibility of Garay, Jaque, Sheilla, and so on make a comeback, may explain a little bit this lack of desire. I can bet, that in the next cycle we will see a completely change of behavior.

For me sounds very reasonable that this players feel "discredit". Example, Dani Lins (which the article says is playing good, idk where) said a few days ago, that she wants to play OG, Fabiola did the same, look, any player, regardless of age or whatever, may have the desire to play at the Olympics, the problem is Zé Roberto.

If this two deserve to be there because are playing good and better than Macris/Roberta, then ok, but this 4 years, Fabiola didn't play a single competition for NT, Dani Lins played two in 2018 and showed why Macris should've been there instead of her.

Other point is, Drussyla started to play for adult NT in 2017, did a good job, in 2018 she did bad, but already suffering for injury and needed surgery, which the club decide not make, so she didn't play in her best conditions that season.

In 2019 she decided not go for NT because was suffering with pain (caused by the injury from past season), so she finally go under surgery and this season in club she was recovering from that, for me the circunstances was not by her side during this cycle. But yes, I definitely agree that the way she express herself is annoying, the thing with ranking was ridiculous, and she need start thinking before posting on internet.

Sorry for the bible, this is not a defense of Drussyla, I'm miles away of being a fan of her, it's just myself wondering which things are happening with this generation of players and thinking together with you people.

• Jaque fully deserves another OG. She was playing with the fire of a 25 y.o. player, but with the experience of a twice gold medalist at the OG. Her season in Osasco was stronger than any other defensive outside hitter in Brazil.

BTW, have you seen her IG stories with Murilo? They're so cute. She can take him on her shoulders. :lol:

• They are surely a hot looking and cute couple :love: they've been together for more than 20 years already. Time flies...:white:

• Jaque fully deserves another OG. She was playing with the fire of a 25 y.o. player, but with the experience of a twice gold medalist at the OG. Her season in Osasco was stronger than any other defensive outside hitter in Brazil.

Jaque could be there in Tokyo 2021 as the Larson of the Brazil NT. If we are looking at defensive OH, Gabi is doing good, too. Gabi-Natalia duo is almost 100% locked as starter for the next cycle since no other OHs in Brazil can take their place now. But having Jaque there will provide experience and stability for the team. She can play the role of Sassa in 2008 if needed.

• I understand your point, agree that it might contribute to Drussyla's lack of motivation to play volleyball/be in the NT, but I don't think the presence of older players is the cause of it all. Younger athletes doesn't seem to be mentally prepared to deal with the routine it takes to be in the NT - and this is valid for many sports. Honestly, I think this is a generational issue. Take Bia for example: she was playing her best in the past olympic cycle and she decided to quit the NT because she had a Disney trip scheduled. She could have been in Rio Olympics or at least put a good fight for a spot.

Quick note: Dani Lins hasn't played due to pregnancy/injuries. Fabíola hasn't played because she doesn't want to. Different situations. And I don't think Dani was any worse than Fabíola - who basically spent a whole season setting Tandara and forgeting about her middles. And I don't even have to coment about Roberta, right? She deserves to be in the NT just because she was there for four years? Honestly I don't think so.

• Jaque could be there in Tokyo 2021 as the Larson of the Brazil NT. If we are looking at defensive OH, Gabi is doing good, too. Gabi-Natalia duo is almost 100% locked as starter for the next cycle since no other OHs in Brazil can take their place now. But having Jaque there will provide experience and stability for the team. She can play the role of Sassa in 2008 if needed.

I think Jaque's reception skills are not good as it used to be. But anyway she showed a consistent season in defense - as usual - and was an okay attacker. I would have invited her for the OGs mainly due to lack of options.

• Sassa used to have a powerful serve so Jaque's role is only reception(questionable atm) and defense.

Amanda's currently a better option because she can do all of that.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Jaque and Camila Brait covered the whole court. Not so easy. Even Robinson struggles to do that in Fener.

That happened when Luizomar were still insisting with Bjelica as an outside hitter. But this strategy was soon abandoned and from mid-season on - if not earlier -, Ellen played in the starting six and she divided the court evenly with Jaque and Brait.

• But Ellen's reception can be shameful...

• And I don't even have to coment about Roberta, right? She deserves to be in the NT just because she was there for four years? Honestly I don't think so.

Is Roberta THAT bad on your book? 😂

Amanda's currently a better option because she can do all of that.

I think Gabi-Natalia-Amanda is the OH trio that are surely gonna be in Tokyo. They might bring Lorenne as backup and push Tandara to OH if Natalia fails to perform.