Brazil NT 2021

• Is Roberta THAT bad on your book? 😂

I think Gabi-Natalia-Amanda is the OH trio that are surely gonna be in Tokyo. They might bring Lorenne as backup and push Tandara to OH if Natalia fails to perform.

I like Roberta and think she’s talented. But Osasco this season was a mess and she couldn’t do anything alone.

I think her game this season was really poor - bad decisions in many occasions, but what surprised me the most was the lack of precision in her sets.

• I like Roberta and think she’s talented. But Osasco this season was a mess and she couldn’t do anything alone.

I think her game this season was really poor - bad decisions in many occasions, but what surprised me the most was the lack of precision in her sets.

i agree with you. Osasco was a mess and she couldn’t do abything else. Just like her final season in Sesc. 2017 was a great year for her. Hopefully she can bounce back.

• let us remember that with the stable pass, macris should be starting! She cans set her middles easily! Now when the pass becomes unstable, macris struggles so much... watch brazil games against netherlands, turkey, poland. When roberta is in court, she delivers especially in serve, reception.

However, fabiola is way better than roberta. She and roberta have this awesome tandem with tandera in position 5 and in the pipe line.

For now i would lock in roberta as second setter.. and let macris/fabiola do the starting setter position. This is just my opinion whatsoever.

If lorenne is starting, then macris should play as setter. If tandara is starting, then it should be roberta. Prob with roberta is really her imprecise sets to her middles. 😒

• Sorry but I'll need to say this... I don't think it makes sense to say which setter should be starter based on who's the opposite of the team. When you say that you're basically saying 2 things: 1st: opposites play alone; 2. setters are basically there to set the opposites. I don't think it's your intention, but that's how it sounds.

• But what if Sheilla starts? Dani Lins then? :P

LOL that wont happen! Shiella and dani are not their prime anymore. They can compete being in the top 12 but i dont think they will be included.

My second point here is to suggest that macris and roberta are two players that should be playing for tokyo! It is because of their connection to the opposites (lorenne and tandara who i am sure will be the opposites of brazil come 2021). Furthermore, I did not explain about the outside hitters since as we all know both macris and roberta had connection with gabi and natalia.

Now with regards to the entrance of fabiola and now dani lins, i said in my previous post that fabiola was better than roberta in 2018 and so so in 2019 in club season but the former did not participate in any NT games. Dani lins PLAYING FOR BAURU is not the dani lins of 2012-2013.

Fabiola and macris are two setters that are artistic, brave, and sets precisely. THEIR PERFORMANCE HAVE BEEN COMMENDED BY MOST BRAZILIAN FANS DURING THE CLUB SEASON However neither of the two have i seen played as second setter recently. Fabiola 2016, macris 2018 that i locked roberta for now as the substitute setter.

On the thought about opposites play alone in a volleyball match, well most unstable passes are most certainly set by setters to their opposite. And the setter connection to the opposite is one that i try to explain here that i wrote that If macris is starting, lorenne would start with her. And if roberta is starting, then it should be tandara.

If you dont like roberta and you prefer macris startinf, macris should work a lot during NT practice games to set to tandara precisely in the pipe. Let us remember that in 2019 tandara did not play in vnl and world cup only the olympic qualifier and roberta's set to her in the pipe line is one of the sttacks that serbia, china, usa, and italy cannot handle.

• I understand your point, agree that it might contribute to Drussyla's lack of motivation to play volleyball/be in the NT, but I don't think the presence of older players is the cause of it all. Younger athletes doesn't seem to be mentally prepared to deal with the routine it takes to be in the NT - and this is valid for many sports. Honestly, I think this is a generational issue. Take Bia for example: she was playing her best in the past olympic cycle and she decided to quit the NT because she had a Disney trip scheduled. She could have been in Rio Olympics or at least put a good fight for a spot.

Quick note: Dani Lins hasn't played due to pregnancy/injuries. Fabíola hasn't played because she doesn't want to. Different situations. And I don't think Dani was any worse than Fabíola - who basically spent a whole season setting Tandara and forgeting about her middles. And I don't even have to coment about Roberta, right? She deserves to be in the NT just because she was there for four years? Honestly I don't think so.

Like I said, if Dani Lins or Fabíola are better than Roberta or Macris in 2021, I will be for sure the one who will claim for one of them in the OG. But, we don't have to go far to remember when Zé took Fabíola to the Olympics, 2 months after giving birth, just because he has some remorse for not taking her in 2012.

I agree a 100% about Fabíola, I see a lot of people praising her for this season, and I don't see the reason why, all her life she was known for that: setting almost all the balls to the opposites. Plus: she never make difference in NT. About Dani Lins, for me she was incredible until 2014, since then I don't see her making an impact, both NT and clubs, but yes, she can do better, especially better than Fabíola. In 2019 I thought she just asked for not being in NT, didn't know she was injured.

Roberta had a hard time this season, playing with a team without reception (like her last season in SESC RJ), because yes Jaque was the best OH of the SL, but she didn't have an easy life in reception even playing with Brait, Ellen was not good enough and Bjelica is not an OH, Luizomar and his stupid decisions (like so many others), but I agree that Roberta was more imprecise and inconsistent, with wrong decisions at crucial moments.

• Like I said, if Dani Lins or Fabíola are better than Roberta or Macris in 2021, I will be for sure the one who will claim for one of them in the OG. But, we don't have to go far to remember when Zé took Fabíola to the Olympics, 2 months after giving birth, just because he has some remorse for not taking her in 2012.

I agree a 100% about Fabíola, I see a lot of people praising her for this season, and I don't see the reason why, all her life she was known for that: setting almost all the balls to the opposites. Plus: she never make difference in NT. About Dani Lins, for me she was incredible until 2014, since then I don't see her making an impact, both NT and clubs, but yes, she can do better, especially better than Fabíola. In 2019 I thought she just asked for not being in NT, didn't know she was injured.

Roberta had a hard time this season, playing with a team without reception (like her last season in SESC RJ), because yes Jaque was the best OH of the SL, but she didn't have an easy life in reception even playing with Brait, Ellen was not good enough and Bjelica is not an OH, Luizomar and his stupid decisions (like so many others), but I agree that Roberta was more imprecise and inconsistent, with wrong decisions at crucial moments.

come on! You can't call a team with a reception line of Jacqueline and brait as a team without reception:what::white:

A lot of setters succeeded without reception but Jacqueline-brait is not the good example of this

• come on! You can't call a team with a reception line of Jacqueline and brait as a team without reception:what::white:

A lot of setters succeeded without reception but Jacqueline-brait is not the good example of this

The problem with roberta was the reception (sl 2018-2019) while her problem this supwrliga is not the reception. It is the third balll who can kill the ball and make a point for the twam. Because of that roberta was punished heavily by the brazilians fans!

• come on! You can't call a team with a reception line of Jacqueline and brait as a team without reception:what::white:

Reception was the main problem in Osasco this season, unfortunately, because Jaque / Brait is probably one of the best lines in the world, I couldn't agree more.

But this season, Jaque was not good enough at the reception, probably because she was the team's main attacker, since Bjelica, Ellen and Casanova were unable to put the ball down, she failed at crucial moments and, of course, I blame Luizomar for this. Bjelica didn't work as an OH in France, it wouldn't be in Brazil that she would do better.

Brait and Jaque, most of the time, covered 70% of the court, or more, even when Ellen was there. Roberta was unable to set enough balls for the MB's and this compromised her game a lot.

are you really watching the brazilian superliga this season before COVID-19 shut it down? ellen is unstable in the pass. jacqueline and camilla brait covered for her and of course the spot for the opposite which in reference is either from Bjelica and Casanova. the problem is not the pass, it is the third ball who cannot kill the ball for their team.

the problem secondary to this is also the main technician of Osasco which is Luizomar. you cannot put an opposite to the outside hitter position covering the serve/receive line because the pass will suffer. now, the result to this is roberta cannot set to her middles which is one of the reason she cannot set well to mara and bia this season.

for God's sake, Roberta did not even pay me to promote nor defend her. it is what it is. that's the explanation. in an interview where they lost to Barueri and Dentil Praia in 3-0 and 3-1, she took responsibility of her actions since she is a captain and the main head in court of their team. i just cannot seem to understand the hate about her! i mean, there are bad days for other players as well! macris in their game against rio had the unstable pass and she cannot use Thaisa and carol gattaz when it is really needed for their team. the two middle blockers got most of their score in the block. MInas lost to Sesc-Rio 3-1.

• But the question is will there be still a Tokyo OG? Other countries will have not yet peaked with the virus later this year and will have no time to train for 2021. Might as well cancel 2021 and have Tokyo 2032.

• According Voloch, Ana Cristina (OH/OPP from Brazil youth group) will appear in 2020 NT list.
    He also mentioned she’s not leaving the country to play in Europe (France) and will play in Rio/Flamengo.

• But the question is will there be still a Tokyo OG? Other countries will have not yet peaked with the virus later this year and will have no time to train for 2021. Might as well cancel 2021 and have Tokyo 2032.

Be optimistic. Serbia is already back on training. Duh

• According Voloch, Ana Cristina (OH/OPP from Brazil youth group) will appear in 2020 NT list.
    He also mentioned she’s not leaving the country to play in Europe (France) and will play in Rio/Flamengo.

I don't like this approach... Ze tried Julia Bergmann and she was bad, really bad . She wasn't ready and probably Ana Cristina isn't too.. Players need to be tested in Superliga first, doesn't matter that she was good in U-level, adult volleyball is a different sport... He should look for young players that played already, like, for example, Karina... She played quite well (and she's going to play under Ze in Barueri), should be tested first, if he is really looking for young players (and not just choosing "famous" names)... To be honest, all the players that Barueri are signing for next season deserve more than Ana Cristina

• I don't like this approach... Ze tried Julia Bergmann and she was bad, really bad . She wasn't ready and probably Ana Cristina isn't too.. Players need to be tested in Superliga first, doesn't matter that she was good in U-level, adult volleyball is a different sport... He should look for young players that played already, like, for example, Karina... She played quite well (and she's going to play under Ze in Barueri), should be tested first, if he is really looking for young players (and not just choosing "famous" names)... To be honest, all the players that Barueri are signing for next season deserve more than Ana Cristina

Easy! She will play in the base categoriea of rio/flamengo as described in the blog.

• The question for me here is that she stood out in the youth categories, and like Julia, she was called to start gaining experience at international competitions, I see this more as an incentive, since we all know and discussed here, young players seems desmotived to play on NT.

Her case is similar of Natália. In 2005, Natália had 15 years of age, and was called to the World Grand Champions Cup and in the following years was in other championships, both adult and junior, in 2009 she was already on the starting 6 next to Mari, Ana Cristina it's not a name for 2021 (if OG still existing next year), she is a name for 2024 and he knows that.

Plus we don't know yet which names will be on this list, Zé use to call players under his coaching in club, so who can say we will not see names like Karina or Tainara on this list?

PS: about this new generation who is emerging, Karina it's my favorite player, I like her a lot, smart player, powerful serve and attack, has a good ball control, can turn out in a great player!

• i prefer tainara but we will see. Maira also improved. This is we are talking about the height advantage.

Fe garay and gabi are just two brazilian players who may not be even gifted with height but spikes hard, blocks a lot, passes and defends well...