Brazil NT 2021

• In my opinion, it would be better if one of Rosamaria or Lorenne becomes the titular heading to Tokyo OG... Tandara is a good opposite but she already made an ultimatum this is gonna be her last year in the NT and I don't see Ze requesting her back like Sheilla as I couldn't see her maintaining her fitness after Tokyo Olympics.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I can't believe there is a fight on our little harmonious thread:down::white:

• I can't believe there is a fight on our little harmonious thread:down::white:

Because even for non-Brazilians fans like us, Sheilla taking that one spot to OG is not easy to dismiss where there are clearly better options (age notwithstanding). I mean, she is gonna play OPPOSITE for Christ sake.

• and it seems ZE returned to old habits

There are rumours in a lots of groups that Jaqueline is going back to NT

• At least she is still playing on a high level IMO.

I don't want to see Jacqueline back in NT either... Her attack is non existent and gets blocked on almost every attempt:gone: Only her reception skills could be valuable to the team, but I wouldn't waste a spot on that!

• At least she is still playing on a high level IMO.

She was but injury came

If she's called it gonna be for vnl and there need to proove she's worthy

Her physical condition put doubts if she gonna support NT rythm

• This rumour is because Jaqueline chanced her picture on Facebook for one with NT jersey, so people went crazy and tought she could be invited. I like Jaque, but she is getting to much injuries and couldn't help Osasco properly. Don't know is she could be ok for OG

• To be honest, Jacqueline could contribute more to NT than Sheila could now. Jacqueline can't attack as well as her golden times but she is a solid receiver and defender. She could be used on certain rotations

• About Sheilla: right now I can't even judge in how shape she are, first because AU isn't a parameter, second because she don't play as starter since 2015 and third because during 2016-2019 she was retired and didn't play.

Her last two seasons playing in a club she was on bench, completely or most of the time, any player in this conditions would not receive this consideration.

She is one of a kind, her skills are absolutely unique, but now I see her as a retired player who sometimes show up to say "Hi, I still alive". I don't see Sheilla playing volleyball since QF's against China, and even before that I barely saw it. You cannot sustain your performance in the past forever, time just don't work like that, unfortunately not.

In an ideal world, Lorenne or Rosamaria would already be the titular for Brazil, but I think we are tired of talking about Zé Roberto's methodology of work.

But since the doors of hope it's open, why not a give a chance for the ice queen?

Mari at least saved Fluminense from relegation, and showed she still have lots of firewood to burn. :gone:

• Mari & Ze burned the bridges long ago. 😂

in fact ze didn't have a problem with her,they say he make that choice in order to protect the group and the break up...

• I can't believe Sheilla's spot is up for argument here. She's clearly not in the best shape to be of any help to the team. Her spot in a small group of 12 will heavily impact the trajectory of Brazil for the next cycle. Imagine stealing an opportunity for growth from another player - I think that's selfish. I really look up to Sheilla as a player and I think that's she's the best Opposite that has graces the national team ever, but this decision of hers is just disappointing. I really thought she would be better than this.

• I can't believe Sheilla's spot is up for argument here. She's clearly not in the best shape to be of any help to the team. [...] Imagine stealing an opportunity for growth from another player - I think that's selfish. [...] this decision of hers is just disappointing. I really thought she would be better than this.

Some of you are really writing as if Sheilla's presence in the squad is dependent solely on her decision, like, she's the coach, not on the fact that the national team coach thinks she is good enough to give her a chance, and first and foremost, it's his decision, not her, lol.

I'd bet that Ze called her up just to check out her current shape, and if she's not good enough she won't be taken, and if so, this criticism will look like an overreaction, but we'll see.

• Natália has fractured one of her fingers and is out from the VNL lmao

I wonder if now Karina goes in her place?

For the first time I thought we'd see Tandara-Natália-Gabi/Garay trio on court. That's unfortunate.

I think Karina going to VNL makes sense because, at this point, I see no reason for inviting someone new (Amanda, Daroit, etc.). Natália will go to the OGs even if she's in a bad shape. But I can see Ze insisting on Rosa as OH as well...

• It's unbelivable that brazil have this bad luck

Uhm maybe they can add tainara too

• she has been receiving a lot of support from peopple and her thanks everyone for this.

She will undergo surgery tomorrow but she is fine and the recovery seems not to be something bad.