Brazil NT 2021

• I’m surprised too… especially since they don’t really need a top two finish (for WCH) give Gattaz a break 😭

It's not like they need the full team either... Brazil has only lost one set in this competition in the last 20 years lol

• Brazil has only lost one set in this competition in the last 20 years lol

If that's really true I would have ALL CAPPED the lol

LOL

• If that's really true I would have ALL CAPPED the lol

LOL

It's indeed true lmao Brazil lost one set to Argentina in 2019 and that was it. Last time they'd lost a set was in 1999.

Argentina and Colombia have been stepping up a bit, but overall the tournament is amateur at best.

• What age group did Nicole Drewnick set for the youth teams? (just curious, she's not very good :lol::lol::lol:)

Also if you have access to ESPN, (or whatever it's called in Brazil) you should have access to some of Bergmann's matches (and her teammate Mariana Brambilla, who is good too but shorter for an opposite)

• What age group did Nicole Drewnick set for the youth teams? (just curious, she's not very good :lol::lol::lol:)

Also if you have access to ESPN, (or whatever it's called in Brazil) you should have access to some of Bergmann's matches (and her teammate Mariana Brambilla, who is good too but shorter for an opposite)

I checked the last tournaments and I think she never managed to play a single U18 or U20 WCH lol

Thanks for the tip btw, I kinda wanna see some Julia actions tbh

• I checked the last tournaments and I think she never managed to play a single U18 or U20 WCH lol

Thanks for the tip btw, I kinda wanna see some Julia actions tbh

oh. I was lied to :lol::lol::lol: which kinda explains it all... She's on Bergmann's team now (she won't be the starting setter)

Yea, it seemed to be hit or miss on ESPN (luckily some should be on Youtube). And you can watch Claudio Pinheiro on the sideline :heart:

• oh. I was lied to :lol::lol::lol: which kinda explains it all... She's on Bergmann's team now (she won't be the starting setter)

Yea, it seemed to be hit or miss on ESPN (luckily some should be on Youtube). And you can watch Claudio Pinheiro on the sideline :heart:

I checked the youth South American championships and she was there with the U20 team in 2018 together with Julia, but she was cut from the team that played the WCH in 2019, which was a good choice lol her replacement was Kenya and she is promising.

• I checked the youth South American championships and she was there with the U20 team in 2018 together with Julia, but she was cut from the team that played the WCH in 2019, which was a good choice lol her replacement was Kenya and she is promising.

oh :lol::lol:

Bergmann is all that matters anyways. She's so good on a not-very-good-team

• Me too. Karina, Diana and Lorena. But i think that Ze Roberto didnt want to take all this 3 from his team. There is a competition Paulista.

• There is no need for Natalia imo. Tainara could have been a good asset.

• Natalia has already 32 yo plus not a good all around player on reception duties.

• To be honest, I am not surprised at all. Despite of that the last timea team which is not Brazil won the competition was 28 years ago (Peru in 1993), Brazil has always sent their best squad to this championship. We all know they just go to pick up their crown (last time a team was close to beat Brazil was in 1999, when they lost 2 sets in match), but Ze shows a lot of respect to this tournament. Maybe "too much". Ze hasnt even let his "golden" squad rest for this championship. I remember Fofao, Sheila, Paula, Waleska, Fabi, etc winning multiple awards in the South American Championship.

If I am not wrong, Ze explained why he considers this tournament "historic" as well as respect the other teams of the region, this is why Brazil never snobs it. He said that in an interview after winning the title in Chile 2007.

• good call for having Nyeme and Natinha

• Kasiely? Wow, that was unexpected. :gone:

I think the others are pretty much what we had in mind. Cool that Natinha is back.

they want a Gattaz-Kasiely altercation again lol

• Probably Juma (MVP from the 2015 U23 WCH). She's not very good to say the least.

probably Vivian Lima from Barueri.

• I would bet that there is no setter after Roberta and Macris. If they eventually do not play an specific tournament until Paris, then I think Zé would call the setter from Barueri.

Vivian, Duda Sanglard and Jacke all from Barueri probably the next setters after Roberta and Macris

• There is no need for Natalia imo. Tainara could have been a good asset.

Natalia and Bia is a package. lol.