Brazil NT 2021

• :drink: Cheers to this exciting year for the Brazil Women's national team for 2020! No official announcement from CBV or Ze Roberto as Superliga is still is on! Please Comment on your top 12 players that should be in the olympics! Note: Please comment on their statistics and merits! Thank you!

• oh lawd... did you need to start a thread with all CAPS???????

If this thread warrants your immediate attention just because of the caps, i can edit it. Can you also comment tactfully and using your neurons appropriately? DWL

• Great start, kids.

giphy.gif

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• let’s delete this thread and start a new one, mods...

You can delete your message as you started replying rudely. This was supposed to be a good thread. I do not know but you want to always comment negatively to whatever post i make.

• Matthias

Changed the title of the thread from “BRAZIL NATIONAL TEAM 2020” to “Brazil NT 2020”.
  • Fabiola said in an interview that she's working hard this season to get a call for the NT.

I really hate this posture. She was awarded an invitation to Rio 2016 when she was clearly out of shape, stayed out for 3 years, even though she wasn't injured, and now she's willing to go back. I hope she doesn't get a call because it's unfair to players who have dedicated themselves to the NT.

• It will be very scandalous if she goes.

• She's having a great season.. I can see what you're trying to say here.. but, wanting other players to be there because of their 'loyalty' to the NT is contradictory to you guys saying Brait had no right to be mad when cut in Rio although she was with the NT for some many seasons

• Great season is maybe too much.. She is playing okay... has some good matches, some bad matches... nothing out of extraordinary, really... She's probably the second best setter this season, I can give her that... but I don't know if she deserves the spot more than Roberta does... Roberta did a really good cycle and if it wasn't the magic that Macris created last season, she would continue to be starter in NT... And even last year, playing as a sub, Roberta played well and changed some games...

If someone has spent 4 years not being called, or not accepting calls, she shouldn't be considered as an option for the Olympics, especially if we already have players that played all cycle, and played well.. It's simple, we should have created a team in the Olympic-cycle, not in the year of The Olympics...

But we know that Brazil are a mess, they don't care one bit about organization and everybody will return this year...

• Well, if Ze brings greedy Sheila to Olympics who was out having fun for 3 years and suddenly decided to come back in the Olympic Games season selfishly and shamelessly, I won’t be rooting for them. Thank you very much.

• Fabiola having a great season? Where?! I mean, really?! She's been awful. She only sets to Tandara and Amanda all the time. She's killing Jucy's career. Even Roberta would set a lot more to the MBs with a much worse pass.

• She's having a great season.. I can see what you're trying to say here.. but, wanting other players to be there because of their 'loyalty' to the NT is contradictory to you guys saying Brait had no right to be mad when cut in Rio although she was with the NT for some many seasons

I don't know about the others but I don't think I ever said that. She had the right to be mad. However, she shouldn't have retired and made a huge deal out of it because she was cut by a better player at the time. Even her husband said bad things about Ze Roberto.

And also, this situation is completely different considering that Leia had never rejected a call from the NT during the last cycle. She was always there when Ze called her. Fabiola hasn't been with the NT since 2016, well actually before that, because she was pregnant in 2016 and didn't have a chance to play any match. She's probably been out of the NT for real since 2014, and mostly because she wanted to be out. Not playing a single match, even a friendly match with the NT during the entire cycle should be enough to leave you out of the Olympics. Other than that, as I said before, she's having an awful season in my opinion.

• I think Fabiola has all the right to say she is working hard and that she is aiming for a spot in the NT.

Nevertheless, the decision isnt made by her, but the ones who are head of Brazil NT. Knowing them, it would really not surprise me if she is included in the final roster to Tokyo.

Just hope this will raise the competitiveness in the setter position.