Brazil NT 2021

• For me it is okey to take 1 year of break of NT, but not playibg 3 or 4 years for NT, but then there is Olympics and everyone wants to comeback. It is not fair for other girls who gave up there peivate life for NT more than 4 years....

• After the end of the classification phase of the Brazilian Superliga, those are the players I think (yes, just guessing) can get a call to the NT:

Setters: Macris, Dani Lins, Fabíola, Roberta

Liberos: Camila Brait, Natinha

Opposites: Tandara, Sheilla, Lorenne, Rosamaria

OH: Gabi, Natália, Amanda, Drussyla, Jaque and Fe Garay

MB: Thaisa, Carol, Carol Gattaz, Fabiana, Juciely, Bia, Adenízia

But I don't think Ze will work with a group of more than 20 players. I think that for several different reasons, Roberta, Jaque, Rosamaria, Gattaz, Juciely and Adenízia will either not be invited or get little chances to play.

• I think that Paulo Coco will guide a inexperienced team in VNL. Ze will start in Brazil with a limited pool of players who are 99% in his mind that are going to Tokyo

• I think that Paulo Coco will guide a inexperienced team in VNL. Ze will start in Brazil with a limited pool of players who are 99% in his mind that are going to Tokyo

Well, if he decides to do that, it will be a surprise for me. He had never invited a bunch players who were not actually contending for a spot in the year of the Olympics. I can only rember of 2012, when he invited Pri Daroit, Natasha, and a few others, but they've stayed for a very limited period with the NT, and played alongside the experienced ones.

I also don't think it's time to use young players in the NT, for two reasons. First, the olympic medalists will be back and they have like zero connection with girls who played in the past three years. Second, because Brazil suffered with many injured players, Ze was unable to build a team as he have done in the past cycles (for example, Tandara-Natalia-Gabi trio never played together).

• Now that the OGs were postponed, Fabiana said she's not sure if she'll be available to play in Tokyo because she wants to get pregnant.

The way her level's decreased these last two seasons, I wouldn't be mad if she didn't go to Tokyo. But then there's Bia...

• Bia is a clutch player... When it matters the most she performs... The problem is if she will be in good shape...

Fabiana is my favorite player of all time, I love her... But she's a shadow of herself... I would call an unfit Bia over recent Fabiana any day

• Thaisa WILL be in Tokyo or else the entire Brazil volleyball fans are going to riot. 😂

Macris is the only setter locked in that position. Fabiola is having a good season but Roberta is playing well too considering the players she has in her team. This is like 2019 all over again. Poor her. And then there’s Ze’s favorite Dani Lins.

Please no more Fabiana, Jaque, and Garay. And Sheilla, too.

• Thaisa WILL be in Tokyo or else the entire Brazil volleyball fans are going to riot. 😂

Macris is the only setter locked in that position. Fabiola is having a good season but Roberta is playing well too considering the players she has in her team. This is like 2019 all over again. Poor her. And then there’s Ze’s favorite Dani Lins.

Please no more Fabiana, Jaque, and Garay. And Sheilla, too.

i won't count Fe garay just yet. there is still one season she can do better and prove to Ze that she is capable. the three girls you mentioned i agree 100 percent.

the race to the 3rd and 4th outside hitters are coming underway same with the 2nd and third MB!!!

yeah, macris is small and a liability in the block but who cares? i am loving the way she carries Minas. i just hope Roberta will have tandara as opposite in osasco because their connection is really magical. so there!

for now, i would focus my energy on the good transfers of players in the next club season and who will be invited in the VNL 2020 if there is still one.

Continue to stay safe and healthy! #stopthespread #stayathome

• Camila Brait gave small interview for FIVB.

“To me, De Gennaro is the best in the world,” said Brait. “There are several others I love, such as (the Dominican Republic’s) Brenda Castillo and (Serbia’s) Silvija Popovic. Japanese and Chinese liberos are usually great as well.”

“I think that it made me mature a lot and pushed me to step up on something Luizomar (de Moura - Osasco Audax’s head coach) has always asked from me, which is managing the team’s backcourt,” she reflected. “It made me more confident and more comfortable to be more of a leader in the team. I also feel like it developed a sort of maternal spirit towards my teammates. I always want to check on them and make sure they are well, just like mothers do.”

• Camila Brait gave small interview for FIVB.

“To me, De Gennaro is the best in the world,” said Brait. “There are several others I love, such as (the Dominican Republic’s) Brenda Castillo and (Serbia’s) Silvija Popovic. Japanese and Chinese liberos are usually great as well.”

“I think that it made me mature a lot and pushed me to step up on something Luizomar (de Moura - Osasco Audax’s head coach) has always asked from me, which is managing the team’s backcourt,” she reflected. “It made me more confident and more comfortable to be more of a leader in the team. I also feel like it developed a sort of maternal spirit towards my teammates. I always want to check on them and make sure they are well, just like mothers do.”

Agree on de gennaro and Castillo, but Popovic?🤣

• Agree on de gennaro and Castillo, but Popovic?🤣

Why not? She is so underrated player, she is great in both of receving and defence skills, she isn't attractive one but her role in Serbia is very important and Serbia is current World, European champ and Olympic vice champ and in every single succes of Serbia she was one of the best on her position, and that confirma stastic, surely thar statistic isn't always a 100% credible display, but if someone who played final at Olympic was also the best receiver of the tournament and someone who was first on the wch was first in digging stastic, ofc for someone more for someone less but her quality is unquestionable.

*sorry for of topic

• Why not? She is so underrated player, she is great in both of receving and defence skills, she isn't attractive one but her role in Serbia is very important and Serbia is current World, European champ and Olympic vice champ and in every single succes of Serbia she was one of the best on her position, and that confirma stastic, surely thar statistic isn't always a 100% credible display, but if someone who played final at Olympic was also the best receiver of the tournament and someone who was first on the wch was first in digging stastic, ofc for someone more for someone less but her quality is unquestionable.

*sorry for of topic

LIN LI was only best during the olympics 2016.

De genaro sought to prominence when Camila Brait announced her retirement from NT from 2016-2019. she went back to play for the south american and world cup!

• Future NT 2022 onwards?

Setter (no changes)

Macris, Roberta

Opposite

Lorenne, Ana Paula, Jheovana, Kisy

MB

Bia, Mayany, Diana Alecrim, Valquiria, Milka

OH

Gabriela Candido, Tainara, Gabi, Natalia, Drussyla

Libero

Camila, Natinha

• Why not? She is so underrated player, she is great in both of receving and defence skills, she isn't attractive one but her role in Serbia is very important and Serbia is current World, European champ and Olympic vice champ and in every single succes of Serbia she was one of the best on her position, and that confirma stastic, surely thar statistic isn't always a 100% credible display, but if someone who played final at Olympic was also the best receiver of the tournament and someone who was first on the wch was first in digging stastic, ofc for someone more for someone less but her quality is unquestionable.

*sorry for of topic

Well I agree with Serdar on this one.. I agree with you a bit tho too.. Popovic is unattractive, but a really solid player, and she has a very important role in Serbias's success. However I don't think she comes in mind when mentioning world's top liberos. Busa also has a huge role in the serbian team, and without her, they probably won't be so successful, but you wouldn't say she's amongst the best OHs..

• Well I agree with Serdar on this one.. I agree with you a bit tho too.. Popovic is unattractive, but a really solid player, and she has a very important role in Serbias's success. However I don't think she comes in mind when mentioning world's top liberos. Busa also has a huge role in the serbian team, and without her, they probably won't be so successful, but you wouldn't say she's amongst the best OHs..

Popovic is libero and her job is to receive and defence and in both aspects she is at least very solid, i would say great, and she also played in some great clubs (Rabita, Volero), even clubs dont enlist easily foreigner libero and spend foreigner spot for libero. Only if people paid more attention to her they would realize how she is great libero.

On the other hand comparision with Buša is meaningless for me because they playing on diferent position and yes i wouldn't say for Busa she is among's the best, truly she isn't, but that have absolutely nothing with Popovic quality as libero, for me she is one of the best.

• I would add Nyeme as libero.

We don't know yet if Brait will play after Tokyo2021

• we're literally in 2020