Brazil NT 2021

• I know we're gonna have Paulo Coco after Zé, but I really really wish we could have Lavarini. I miss him.

I know it's wrong, but sometimes I catch myself thinking, wouldn't it be so damn good if Brazil were so bad at the Olympics that they decided not to follow Zé's suggestion regarding his successor? Lavarini in Brazil NT would make me sooo happy

• After CBV brought Renan from ashes and did not followed Bernardo's recommendation to hire Rubinho for the Men's team, I feel that anything can happen.

I think the same, I just don't put Paulo Coco 100% as head coach in NT next cycle because of this. I was so sure about having Rubinho as Bernardinho sucessor, that it was a schocking for me when they annouced Renan. Maybe CBV wants a new way of work, with other mentality. Lavarini would be damn good, and I think we deserve that. :drink:

• After CBV brought Renan from ashes and did not followed Bernardo's recommendation to hire Rubinho for the Men's team, I feel that anything can happen.

Indeed, but I feel that it's different for the female NT. Rubinho never really achieved anything on his own club-wise, while Paulo Coco is much more known and experienced, which might play a bigger role in choosing him.

Also Lavarini seems like a distant dream especially considering Marcelo Mendez was right there to take over the male NT and CBV still succumbed to intern politics by choosing Renan and keeping the NT at the helm of a Brazilian.

• Indeed, but I feel that it's different for the female NT. Rubinho never really achieved anything on his own club-wise, while Paulo Coco is much more known and experienced, which might play a bigger role in choosing him.

Also Lavarini seems like a distant dream especially considering Marcelo Mendez was right there to take over the male NT and CBV still succumbed to intern politics by choosing Renan and keeping the NT at the helm of a Brazilian.

But while Paulo Coco is more well-known and experienced, his work with Ze has been average for many years now. 3rd place in WCH 2014; elimination from playoffs in the last WCH, no Olympic medals in Rio, and the past good results were from 2017 - when most of the NTs were incomplete.

But I feel the same about Lavarini. I think they don't want to admit that there's no good Brazilian coaches to carry Ze's and Bernardo's legacies in the NT.

• How has Renan did overall for the male NT? If he is doing his job well, then the possibility of having Lavarini might be there as well. Imagine the Nt with 3 Minas’ core players & playing fast balls. Oh well, one can only dream.

Renan's been doing really well, but I'm not sure his case can be compared to Lavarini's. Solely because one is Brazilian with tons of accolades to his name, the other one is a foreigner with a few local titles with Minas.

• oh that guy. Praia has been doing considerably well for the past few seasons. He might be good.

Do you think? I think Praia is a major flop actually. It's like Eczacibasi.

• I know we're gonna have Paulo Coco after Zé, but I really really wish we could have Lavarini. I miss him.

There was a thread but it was luizomar and i was like. 🤔🤐

I really hope it will be stefano lavarini

• i thought they are consistently on the final 4? Or I was mistaken? They did won 2 years ago right?

That's the reason why I think they flop just like Eczasibasi. Being in the top 4 with that huge budget and top players is not enough IMO

they hardly win any title...they only won 1 Superliga, they didn't even win any South American Championship

• If the money is right, they can get Lavarini.

• Sportv will broadcast the 2012 quarterfinal between Brazil and Russia in 5 minutes. I do not have a link as this is a cable channel however I think you can find it on google.