Brazil NT 2021

• I disagree with you on this for two reasons:

1- It is not good for development of young star player. She should play and train with high level players to get challenged and improve. So joining to a VNL or ECh is more helpful for her than playing lower level tournaments against lower level players

2-it is not good for development of other youngsters in the team. Youth and junior level competitions are not about getting medals. It is about developing 1 or 2 youngster who can contribute to the senior NT. mostly what happens is, the team relies on their star youngster at these tournaments. That’s why others don’t take enough responsibilities. When Naz skipped junior WCh the team failed drastically while they played final at youth level with naz. Because they were relying on her too much. Russian youngster would get the chance to shine and show their capacity better when Arina is not around. Someone else will Have to take initiative at clutch points and this is very good for development of a young player

• 2-it is not good for development of other youngsters in the team. Youth and junior level competitions are not about getting medals. It is about developing 1 or 2 youngster who can contribute to the senior NT. mostly what happens is, the team relies on their star youngster at these tournaments. That’s why others don’t take enough responsibilities. When Naz skipped junior WCh the team failed drastically while they played final at youth level with naz. Because they were relying on her too much. Russian youngster would get the chance to shine and show their capacity better when Arina is not around. Someone else will Have to take initiative at clutch points and this is very good for development of a young player

Yeah, I see your point. But I think it's a two-way-street. The coach/staff should worry about the team, but also about each player. I believe these young stars are not fully developed yet, so I think it's important for the team to handle responsibilities as much as for the wunderkinds to experience situations where they are the "go-to-guy/girl".

Let's take another example. I know it's not the same thing, but it's analogous. Some people criticized Rosamaria these past 2 seasons for choosing to go to weaker Italian teams, because while she would get to be a great scorer, she wouldn't be improving her skills as much, with not so great teammates. Ok, that's one point. Maybe she wouldn't improve so much solely on a technical standpoint. But she experienced the necessity of being a leader, being out of her comfort zone, and this was important for her development as a player. Now she gets to move on to a bigger challenge, facing Ebrar to see who gets to be starter in Novara. And I just think that, for younger players, it would be ideal to expose them to a variety of experiences, so they can learn different attitudinal skills.

• I can't wait to see Lorena playing in NT. She has improved A LOT! There is no need of calling Bia anymore

• I can't wait to see Lorena playing in NT. She has improved A LOT! There is no need of calling Bia anymore

She has grown so much in just one season playing as a starter under Zé it's ridiculous. She's ready for the NT.

Diana, on the other hand, I'm not convinced at all.

• Diana has potential but don't seem to improve, at all... She's the same player from 2 years ago... Ze likes her a lot and we know he sees something in his players that no one else can.. I don't think she's NT material, but, who knows... Lorena's case shows that we don't know anything about volleyball so everything's possible :lol:

• Diana has potential but don't seem to improve, at all... She's the same player from 2 years ago... Ze likes her a lot and we know he sees something in his players that no one else can.. I don't think she's NT material, but, who knows... Lorena's case shows that we don't know anything about volleyball so everything's possible :lol:

Just saw that Lorena scored 19 pts today. :what: Those are... Thaísa numbers. I'm not saying she's as good as Thaísa though, just making that very clear. lol

But yeah, Diana seems slow and clumsy, while Lorena seems agile and strong, while also being a big jumper. I hope Minas gives Kudiess more chances this year too -- let Gattaz and Thaísa rest for some games, it won't even matter. If we can get these two on a good level + Carol and Mayany, that's a strong group of MBs.

• Just saw that Lorena scored 19 pts today. :what: Those are... Thaísa numbers. I'm not saying she's as good as Thaísa though, just making that very clear. lol

But yeah, Diana seems slow and clumsy, while Lorena seems agile and strong, while also being a big jumper. I hope Minas gives Kudiess more chances this year too -- let Gattaz and Thaísa rest for some games, it won't even matter. If we can get these two on a good level + Carol and Mayany, that's a strong group of MBs.

When I wrote my first post she had just blocked for the 3rd time in a row.. if there's one thing that make me proud of my country is our MBs, oh they're good :obey:

• Tandara spoke for the first time ever since she let out that official note right when the doping scandal broke out. You can check it here.

There ain't much news, though... She spoke to Vogue (!), which is somewhat unusual. She pretty much just reaffirmed what she said in the past, that she's innocent, she doesn't know how this happened, but she's positive it's a mistake. She speaks about how painful it was for her missing the rest of the Olympic Games. She says she's grateful to Zé Roberto, cause he always believed in her innocence from the very beginning and mentions Camila Brait and Adenízia among the friends who sent her positive messages. She also says she's been dealing with anxiety because of this whole thing.

There's no news regarding when the much anticipated B sample will be disclosed, though. At this point I just wonder if, by the time they disclose it, and in the case she's acquitted, will there be able time for Tandara to rejoin the NT to train for the WCH'22. :lol:

• Players called for the upcoming U23 Pan American tournament:

S: Jacke (Barueri), Kenya (Osasco)

OPP: Lorrayna (Barueri), Pâmela (Bauru)

OHs: Milena (Sesc/Flamengo), Mayara (Fluminense), Duda (Valinhos), Jheovana (Barueri)

MBs: Lorena (Barueri), Diana (Barueri), Lia (Brasília)

L: Marcelle (Sesc/Flamengo)

Not released by their clubs:

Kisy, Julia Kudiess (Minas), Tainara (Praia Clube), Julia Bergmann (NCAA), Mesquita (Pinheiros), Ana Cristina (Fenerbahce). Karina is not elegible as she'll turn 23 at the same time the tournament is played.

• interesting pamela accepted as she's chilean too

I like lorrsyna and mb,the rest uhm